Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    You're really blowing this out of proportion. Saying "this was a cave episode" is not a huge spoiler, if even it is a spoiler. It does not tell how the story goes. Besides, it's hard to talk about a show without refering to any of its elements.
    Yeah even the teaser sentence revealed then I saying "A force cave episode."It wasn't even a bad episode. I enjoyed the elements, and was surprised at how dark some of the elements were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Yeah even the teaser sentence revealed then I saying "A force cave episode."It wasn't even a bad episode. I enjoyed the elements, and was surprised at how dark some of the elements were.
    I liked how it was not only about Ezra, but also Kanan (again). Afterall, he never was knighted, so training Ezra is also a test for him. I also liked how they used the same effects for Yoda's spiritual presence as Qui Gon Jinn's in the sixth season of Clone Wars. You know, the one on Dagobah. Also, that's some strange looking lightsaber Ezra built for himself. I wonder if it is also a blaster. Next episode is "Idiot's Array", a set of cards in the sabbacc game. I wonder if the "new acquaintance" will be Lando Calrissian, the most famous sabbacc player in Star Wars.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I'm so sad they replaced Clone Wars with this. I made it through a couple episodes for I just cringed and had to shut it off. I wanna give it a season or two so it can get some traction but, I dunno. It seems so cliche, so obvious and full of the dumb humor that seems to ruin SW for me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the crew is gona meet more and more young characters from episode 4/5/6.
    Like today:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lando_Calrissian
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, it totally went Old Republic. KotOR and SW:TOR to be honest.

Also, I have to say... It hasn't been as bad and kiddy as I thought. It's simpler, sure. It's completely detached from the actual storyline, whereas Clone Wars followed Anakin and so on. But, having said that, it hasn't been too bad. I think the pilot had a bit of the pilotitis. The protagonist hasn't been too hateable as a teenager. Not yet, at least.

Have to see how it goes. Hoping it delves a bit deeper into the actual canon lore.
    Yeah, it does have a KotoR vibe - in a good way, though. For a pilot+first season, its been pretty good. I know TV has gotten a lot better since the 80s, but compare it to, say, TNG's first season and it blows it out of the water.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice and funny episode. I hope we will meet the "guest" again. I love to see him in his scoundrel days and how he sweet talks everybody (especially the ladies). I also love how they keep using discarded concept art :

http://41.media.tumblr.com/07dcab57a...edso1_1280.jpg

Well, yes? Yes. Be a gentleman and don't fucking spoil shit for people for a week. Or even a month. And if you absolutely must, use the tags.
    "Don't spoil episode until I've seen it!!!!"

Once it has aired, it's free meat. After episode is out, it's each and everyone's own personal decision to come into thread that discusses the topic. A sensible rule from the Game of Thrones no spoiler thread.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2015-01-15 at 04:37 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    "Don't spoil episode until I've seen it!!!!"

Once it has aired, it's free meat. After episode is out, it's each and everyone's own personal decision to come into thread that discusses the topic. A sensible rule from the Game of Thrones no spoiler thread.
    You know very well that you're being an outright asshole if you go ahead and spoil something without using the tags, which have been implemented on these forums for a reason, especially in a thread that has no spoiler tag in it's title, which threads typically do if the conversation within is full of spoilers. You know this for a fact. You, and your concept of what is "free meat" has no bearing on whether it makes you an asshole or not.

So, have fun with that.

Deleted
    Loved last episode.

You know very well that you're being an outright asshole if you go ahead and spoil something without using the tags, which have been implemented on these forums for a reason, especially in a thread that has no spoiler tag in it's title, which threads typically do if the conversation within is full of spoilers. You know this for a fact. You, and your concept of what is "free meat" has no bearing on whether it makes you an asshole or not.

So, have fun with that.
    No, it's just common sense to make your own personal choice whetever you wish to partake in discussions in regards of things published already prior to you yourself seeing them.

It's not me spoiling anymore when it's out, it's you yourself choosing to go somewhere where it's discussed.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I enjoyed the idiot's array episode.

First time a lightsaber is turned into a blaster. although atleast Ezra doesn't have need for the slingshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found Chopper annoying, but he is growing on me. I'm even beginning to like Chopper. His reaction to Zeb's gamble. How he suddenly becomes the most obedient droid with Lando to infuriate the others. I found him quite funny this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I found Chopper annoying, but he is growing on me. I'm even beginning to like Chopper. His reaction to Zeb's gamble. How he suddenly becomes the most obedient droid with Lando to infuriate the others. I found him quite funny this episode.
    Indeed. I only wish they work on Sabine. Shes the weakest link.

I am unsure how long this show will last.
    It's dropping quite fast in the ratings. 0.57 rating. I blame the time slot as a factor.

Well episode 13 was good.

So the rebels try to meet with the travis. The senator who betrayed the empire. Turns out he was a double agent.
    I think they really need to expand. Focusing only on one planet is starting to get stale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh..copper...you little bastard.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well episode 13 was good.

So the rebels try to meet with the travis. The senator who betrayed the empire. Turns out he was a double agent.
    I think they really need to expand. Focusing only on one planet is starting to get stale.
    It was indeed a good episode. I suspected that Travis was a double agent since Rise of the Old Master. I wonder though why a backwater planet like Lothal needed such a big Senate building, but I'm just nitpicking.

I think it is logical that they focus on one planet. They are a small rebel cell. The idea of a cell is to have operatives on a planet that know the terrain well. Such a small group would be less efficient if they were called to operate on a dozen planets. So, at least for the first season, I doubt we will see much more than Lothal. However, they could show us different landscapes and cities of Lothal. I doubt all this planet has only one city surrounded by an all encompassing plain. Although Star Wars is known to show planets with one type of environment.

Oh you have to see this next episode
    Tarkin is in it. He pretty much insults the inquisitor, the minister, and the agent. Also Tarkin has the Inquisitor execute Imperial officers who have failed. Essentially,. Tarkin can mock the inquisitor and berate him. Also the empire score a victory and captures Kannen. Afterwords they destroy the communication tower the rebels had, setting them back.
    Last edited by eillas; 2015-02-04 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    Oh you have to see this next episode
    Oh, it's been seen. And heard.

The fact that they dared to use the Imperial March, which is goddamn Darth Vader's theme, for an irrelevant little shit like Grand Muff Tarkin is just despicable and outrageous. When I heard the episode start with that tune, then saw the ISD, shuttle and rows of Stormtroopers lined up in the hangar, I was absolutely sure they'd bring out Darth Vader.

But no. Grand Muff Tarkin.

The series has been so-so decent, even though it being aimed at toddlers does shine through a bit too much, but at least thus far they've kept true to the universe and lore. You just don't play Vader's theme and bring out some two-bit Muff instead.

Screw you Disney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it's been seen. And heard.

The fact that they dared to use the Imperial March, which is goddamn Darth Vader's theme, for an irrelevant little shit like Grand Muff Tarkin is just despicable and outrageous. When I heard the episode start with that tune, then saw the ISD, shuttle and rows of Stormtroopers lined up in the hangar, I was absolutely sure they'd bring out Darth Vader.

But no. Grand Muff Tarkin.

The series has been so-so decent, even though it being aimed at toddlers does shine through a bit too much, but at least thus far they've kept true to the universe and lore. You just don't play Vader's theme and bring out some two-bit Muff instead.

Screw you Disney.
    Are you really that angry that they used the Imperial March for Tarkin? No, it's not Darth Vader's theme. It's called the Imperial March. It has been heard at the end of Episode 2. It has also been heard when the Emperor arrives on the second Death Star in RotJ. It was totally warranted to hear it for Grand Moff Tarkin, who is even Darth Vader's hierchical superior in A New Hope. He is a mastermind of the Empire, close to the Emperor and the Governor of an entire sector of the Galaxy. He is not irrelevant. I place him somewhere near Dooku in the list of Star Wars vilain. Above Darth Maul.

This series is getting better and better. To me, the story is already as good as the Clone Wars. Yes, it sometimes is a little childish, but a lot of Clone Wars episodes were even more childish, especially when the droids are the main focus. So, so far, cudos to Dave Filoni and the gang for Rebels.