Hey guys. I am completely new to all of this rendering and video editing junk, but I've wanted to start making some Youtube videos for quite some time now and I saw that Sony Vegas was a pretty popular one to try out.

As I said, I am completely new to all this in just about every way, and needless to say, I don't really know what i am doing or how to work anything. I should also point out that I am not the smartest person when it comes to using computers as well. I am not a straight up idiot with them (I think), but I am by no means a genius with them either, so try to keep that in mind if you please.

Before I jumped into just trying to make some crazy edits on some of my game clips I have from Fraps (which is the software I use to capture everything of course), I tried to record a quick game of Hearthstone and then drop it into the software and just tried to upload it to Youtube from there. I looked up a couple quick tip videos on how to even do that because, again, not the brightest guy here. And they showed me how to try to upload it to Youtube. It took a little bit to render and then for it to actually appear on Youtube. However, it was only in 360p, when I am fairly sure the rig I have, which I had just built about 7 months prior to this, should be able to handle them being in 1080p, which is what I obviously want. I looked up some videos on how to render them into 1080p format, but they don't seem to work as when I follow the steps and try to start rendering them as the person on the video told me to, it eventually encounters an error. Another thing I should point out is that the software doesn't seem to be reading my GPU, which I think might be the problem here. But again, not the greatest with computers here so I could easily be wrong for all I know.

So I use Fraps to capture the games, then use Sony Vegas Platinum 11 to try and edit and render them but I can't seem to do so. I really do think maybe it may be because it can't acknowledge my GPU for whatever the reason, and I am pretty sure the GPU is being read fine if I have the NVidia Geforce experience software running and it shows what my rig consists of. Which is:

GPU: GeForce GTX 760

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.4GHz

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

So with a GPU such as the one I have, I don't think it's an outdated one to be using with this software, but I am not sure what the problem is exactly if it it not that, because the video guides I looked up all, at one point, said to check my GPU and the software says no GPU is available when I check it.

I am sorry for the wall of text I know this could be very annoying to most of you, but if anyone has any idea as to why this is happening and a way for me to fix this it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.