Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/ge...-used-decklist

Here you go, someone goes as far as to create decks to beat the first wing on heroic without using anything other than basic/common cards (and the cards you're guaranteed to have after beating those guys on normal.)

But yeah, lets keep pushing the pay 2 win agenda! Makes you edgy and hipster.
    Nerubian egg with kings, Trades 2 for 1 by itself, add in the spawn
    Windfury harpy - 2 for 1 against hero power. Great for finishing burst with kings / might
    Every 1 dmg minion will trade 1 for 1 with might, or 2 for 1 with kings
    Egg with kings is 2, so it trades 2 for 2. It's still good with the spawn, though.
    If it trades with might, it's not trading 1:1 - it's trading 1:2. See above for kings.

Not counting buff cards as a trade off is a mistake - it leaves you with an empty hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Egg with kings is 2, so it trades 2 for 2. It's still good with the spawn, though.
    If it trades with might, it's not trading 1:1 - it's trading 1:2. See above for kings.

Not counting buff cards as a trade off is a mistake - it leaves you with an empty hand.

Eggs with kings trades 2 for 3. 4/6 eats 2x4/4, then spawned spider trades with another 4/4.

He also meant 1/1 tokens with might trading 1 for 1. Unless you really want to count a token as a card? If it's argent squire, it's then 2 for 2.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2014-07-23 at 06:07 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never bought any packs except for the one time in the beta I got the cheapest bundle to get Mekkatorque. I have a reasonable collection based off packs I've earned through arena, but very few legends.

I just beat all the heroic bosses of arachnid, nothing too insane, anub is definitely the trickiest in having to remove or weaken a continuous spawn of reasonably powered minions. I used a variant of a mage freeze deck to beat him, going heavy on spellpower cards and stalls like mirror image and frost nova before unleashing high-powered aoes. Try not to have too many minions on your end at one time or locust swarm will destroy you. Whittle him down and save a card like pyro for the killing blow.

Faerlina is simple. Just zoo, warlock is probably best. Once you have the tempo on your side, it just keeps building up.

Maexxna I used a deck that was described above, paladin with the guardian of kings. Stall with healing until you get to seven mana, ensure she has seven minions on the board with 1 attack, then just keep playing your two minions per turn. Eventually your hand will fill up, so try to keep a guardian, an earthen ring, an arcane golem in your hand when it goes to the slow burn phase. If youre lucky, your other cards will allow you to killing blow her once she's whittled down to about 10 life.

10+ Year Old Account
    My suggestions for low/no cost decks, depending on what cards you already have.

Anub - Inner Fire Priest
    Grand Window - Zoolock
    Maexxna - Charge Warrior

I think every deck I used consisted of only soulbound, common and rare cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

Beat heroic with only free to play decks. Anub'rhekan: ramp druid, widow: zoolock, maexxna: healadin w/charges (did have 1 earthen farseer).

I'm not understanding how to get cards from the wing. I completed normal and challenges and I got some cards. Do I get more for completing heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I'm not understanding how to get cards from the wing. I completed normal and challenges and I got some cards. Do I get more for completing heroic?
    Nothing for doing heroic. Its the cards per normal boss and then the last chest, nothing else for spider wing

Anub'rehkan is actually harder than the other 2 bosses.

Blizzard spends sometime on the first boss's AI.
    Then rush the rest of the bosses.

Yes, i did it yesterday, with a mage deck as well!0

Deleted
    used my "in your face" mage deck and it was really easy.

Had no chance with my priest deck.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faerlina is the only one that's kicking my butt black and blue and that's only cuz of her hero power. I use Miracle Rogue, so I always have lots of cards in my hand.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so I was able to complete heroic last night with my small collection (1 legendary from doing the normal naxx, no epics and a handful of rares). First of all Anub was a pain and I didn't think it was going to happen but after maybe 6-10 attempts (I forget how many) I was able to finally get him.

I used a deck close to Adurin's F2P Ramp Druid deck without a bunch of the cards. Here is what I used for Anub and Faerlina (wish I had a 2nd farseer and defender of argus, heck even a 2nd azure would be nice but eventually)
    Innervate x2
    Mark of the Wild x2
    Wild Growth x2
    Healing Touch x2
    Keeper of the Grove x2 (one of my only double rares)
    Swipe x2
    Ironbark Protector x2
    Earthen Ring Farseer x1
    Harvest Golem x1
    Yeti x2
    Defender of Argus x1
    Senjin Shieldmasta x2
    Lord of the Arena x2
    Loot Horder x1
    Booty Bay Bodyguard x2 (not a great card but needed more big taunters and I didn't have a lot of options)
    Acolyte of Pain x1
    Novice Engineer x2
    Azure Drake x1

Basically once you get your big taunters out then you are laughing. The game I finally won he summoned an Ironbark Protector for me after I had a Yeti out with mark of the wild on it early in the game and I was able to heal the ironbark protector and build up my taunting wall.

Didn't think the same deck would work against Faerlina because I almost always had 4 cards in my hand but her damage was more or less negated by my big minions. It maybe took 2 attempts at her.

Finally Maexxna was easy with a charge and healing paladin deck. He cast 4 of those 1/2 spiders with the death rattle to become 2 1/1s to start the game, so I was able to consecrate them and after that he had a full board of 1/1s and I was able to keep myself alive by dropping down an Earthen Ring Farseer and Wolfrider (and later swapping the farseer for a guardian of kings). I didn't cast any other spells except a holy light.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2014-07-24 at 01:48 PM.

for the bosses, you need certain deck types, not certain classes.

Anubrekhan normal is doable with any decent deck (mage is easiest as it pings their hero power easily) Heroic ideally needs a heavy taunt deck, ramp druid works perfect, but others can be used too.

Faerlina normal/heroic is easily doable with any sort of rush deck, most people use zoolock, i used Zoo warrior.

Maexxna normal can be done easily with any decent deck. Heroic ideally needs a heal heavy deck, so Druid/Paladin/Priest are great for this, but i wouldnt be surprised if people start using other things too. Note: Priests can heal 8 damage a turn if they need to, More if you use Holy Fire plus Farseer/ Voodoo bouncebacks.

I'm useless at Hearthstone but was able to easily beat Anub (normal) with Mage, not tried the others yet. I'd definitely give it a try.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Faerlina is the only one that's kicking my butt black and blue and that's only cuz of her hero power. I use Miracle Rogue, so I always have lots of cards in my hand.
    Yeahhhh use a different deck for that =p
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at some of the boss abilities for the other wings, you will definitely need to have special decks for the bosses, even on normal.

Patchwerk, Hateful Strike, 4 mana, destroys a minion.
    Grobbulous, Poison Cloud, deal 1 damage to all minions, if any die it summons a slime.
    Gluth, Decimate, Change the health of all minions to 1.
    Thaddius, Polarity Shift, 0 mana, switch the health and attack of all minions.

Noth, Raise Dead, unsure on the cost - it my be a passive, whenever an enemy dies, summon a 1/1 skeleton.
    Heigan, Eruption, 1 mana, deal 2 damage to the left most minion.
    Loatheb, Necrotic Aura, 2 mana, deal 3 damage to enemy hero.

Razuvius, Unbalancing Strike, 2 mana, deal 3 damage.
    Gothik, Harvest, 2 mana, draw a card.
    Baron Rivendare, Unholy Shadow, 5 mana, draw 2 cards.

Sapphiron, Frost Breath, 0 mana, destroy all enemy minions that aren't frozen.
    Kel'Thuzad, Frost Blast, 0 mana, deal 3 damage to enemy hero and freeze it.

And some of those abilities get even crazier on heroic. I know my go to druid deck won't last vs. half those bosses.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without opening packs or getting very lucky in arena I seriously doubt anyone can beat Naxx. The default cards don't have enough power to do the job. Heroic would be completely impossible, it's hard enough to beat those bosses if you are short on cards.

It's easily possible without legendaries. Just requires specialized decks to take advantage of each bosses hero power.

I just feel like this is one of the most appropriate places to point out that people responding with basically just "this and that is so easy" in threads where someone is stating he has problems and asks for advise, should be locked into a burning house, bound on a pillar in the middle while their demise is recorded for everyone's entertainment. I would pay for that privilege. Allright. Back to topic.

Locust swam is a bullshit-ability without a doubt and yes, he spams it at random. My suggestion is like melkes, which says going for something way aggressive to bomb him away before he starts puking units. I had a lot of luck with spamming back with a hell lot of murloc-power, healing and defensive cards to swallow damage. But like i said... that was lots of luck... I really cant blame you for losing tho. Unless you follow try-hard-tactics even Anub can be hard to crack on normal.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoolock for anub normal and heroic. that kind of priest that super buffs up health of a card and converts it to attack for grand widow normal and heroic. I used zoolock again for normal maexxna but for heroic I checked hearthpwn and chose F2P healadin. Took a few tries to get the right cards but I got her down.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."