Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So Hearthstone was the first mini game out of WOW and it has been a great success on the iPad with grossings in the top 10 worldwide overall. More so in EU/China then the US, but still great top grossings on that specific platform.

At the same time Blizzard recruited new people for a no named "new game" ...

What do you see as some valid new WOW Lore games on the iPad/Androids ? And would you be interested ?

---- > I think it will be Pet Battles.

And before anyone comes in and say that's too niche ....: to have some clue about "success" on iPad games:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen...ish-community/

Supercell made ... 829 million dollars with just 2 games on the iPad in 2013...

I think I begin to see why Titan was halted/redesigned in this new world of gaming.
    Yeah I'm still waiting for them to make Hearthstone for Android so I could have something to fucking play on my tablet.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    But why would others buy it? There are plenty of tower defense games available for free. What would a Blizzard version have that makes it worth paying for over already established games?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree and this is my point where is the incentive (money) for Blizzard to develop such a game when they already receive probably as much as they ever will from the target audience.
    Your point is noted. But ... if you look at those 2 supercell games I am baffled such games can make that kind of money. I tried them both and they are just money machines with very limited game play to me.

But it is this kind of games that are being produced on the iPad and that market is booming.

The bridge to WOW open world play to find these Pets is indeed limited to be a huge success, while making an independant out of WOW Pet Battle game (like HS) is probably to much Pokemon copy.

Anyway my feeling is that Blizzard is cooking up something on that mobile market after the success of HS and I bet it will be something with a Warcraft theme.

The iPad market is simply too lucrative.

I always was wondering why they cut/halted/changed the development of Titan, but it has to do something with pushing WOW themed mini games and getting out of the investment of having 2 MMO's in a limited and narrowing MMO market.

I don't believe an MMO can be done on mobile platforms (I tried it, it sucks), so that's out of the question.