Lightbulb MMO survey for my Diploma! (re-post)

Hey all - this is a re-post because my last post bugged when I tried to add the link?

I'm taking a level 3 diploma in game design and I am required to collect some simple data from MMO players, I was wondering if anyone would be happy to fill out my survey, would be really great to get some decent data!

fluidsurveys.com/surveys/mattyman/mmo-survey/

thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by mattyman View Post
    Hey all - this is a re-post because my last post bugged when I tried to add the link?

I'm taking a level 3 diploma in game design and I am required to collect some simple data from MMO players, I was wondering if anyone would be happy to fill out my survey, would be really great to get some decent data!

fluidsurveys.com/surveys/mattyman/mmo-survey/

thank you all!
    I just did your survey and I want to ask/tell you something.

Why are there so few questions? Are those enough? Can you extrapolate enough data from these?
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2014-07-23 at 01:14 PM.

hey! thanks for taking the survey!

my task is to try and collect demographic data of people that play MMO's but I'm struggling to think of questions that will give me some really strong data!

any suggestions?

I just did your survey! I have two suggestions though:

1. I think you could change up your age question into more appropriate groups and what people may associate themselves with (preteen, young adult, middle age, senior, etc.) Particularly because this might bring up some inaccurate or unfair results (ie. a 12 year old middle school student and a 19 year old college student could have vastly different roles, yet pitted in the same age group).

2. I also feel that your hours/week question should be in equal increments (ie. 1-3 hours, 4-6 hours, 7-10 hours, and so on), with the final multiple choice to be #+ hours to be exhaustive.

Deleted
    You should change the ages, 21-30. 31-40 etc cuz if I'm 20 where do I put myself 10-20 or 20-30.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I noticed the hours/week was not in equal increments, I've changed it now along with the age question, I mean the only reason I put 15+ hours is because I know most of my guildies play 4 hours a day 7 days a week atleast, but I just wated to have that one option that wasn't 20+ hours because it starts to make my data look a bit too vast, considering I have to put this alongside some qualatative data I collected, I think the questions I have now should be perfect! thank you for helping me out, this data goes towards my end of year grade so I've just got to hope for the best now once all my data is in
    Quote Originally Posted by Verrine View Post
    I just did your survey! I have two suggestions though:

1. I think you could change up your age question into more appropriate groups and what people may associate themselves with (preteen, young adult, middle age, senior, etc.) Particularly because this might bring up some inaccurate or unfair results (ie. a 12 year old middle school student and a 19 year old college student could have vastly different roles, yet pitted in the same age group).

2. I also feel that your hours/week question should be in equal increments (ie. 1-3 hours, 4-6 hours, 7-10 hours, and so on), with the final multiple choice to be #+ hours to be exhaustive.

You might also add how much cash one makes a month. And also how high your or your parents (if you are a kid) have for an education.

I'm 17, I had to collect the data as a refrence for target marketing when it comes to the gaming industry, I mean I've been playing wow for a while now, I also wanted to use this survey to prove to one of my lecturers that your socio-economic status doesn't matter when it comes to MMO's that much? so yeah we have to afford a subscription but that doesn't mean WoW or MMO's in genreal aren't for everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    You might also add how much cash one makes a month. And also how high your or your parents (if you are a kid) have for an education.