Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    we are not 100% sure we can stop all their nukes... (yet) time is near though
    Are you and kreebs going to deal with the problem personally? No? It's easy "declaring wars" when you're not the one who will risk your life in them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Are you and kreebs going to deal with the problem personally? No? It's easy "declaring wars" when you're not the one who will risk your life in them.
    This, declaring war should always be a last resort after every other possible option has been expended.

Hello, it's awesome that you've recovered from that coma. The Cold War has been over for quite a while now and the idea that any of the worlds' nations would engage in a MAD situation is pretty ridiculous at this point, especially over a scuffle in Eastern Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Hello, it's awesome that you've recovered from that coma. The Cold War has been over for quite a while now and the idea that any of the worlds' nations would engage in a MAD situation is pretty ridiculous at this point, especially over a scuffle in Eastern Europe.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of mankind. It might be unlikely, but it is not impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Declare war on Russia and lets deal with the problem one and for all.
    Some forms of idiocy will never die:
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MewOne View Post
    Agreed, not funny. 300 folks lost their lives including children.
    Why the fuck does it matter if it was children or not?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    B-b-but think of the children!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

is this going to be Bosnia 2.0?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    is this going to be Bosnia 2.0?
    It's looking more like it'll be somewhere between Nicaragua 2.0 and Syria 2.0. (With reversed roles, this time.) That's assuming it and Iraq/Syria (and Yemen, and Somalia, and Afghanistan, and Pakistan, and Sudan, and Central Africa, and Nigeria, Mali, Libya, Palestine, Egypt, Mexico, Thailand, the Philippines, the Spratley Islands, and on and on) don't end up being more like WW 3.0.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    That's assuming it and Iraq/Syria (and Yemen, and Somalia, and Afghanistan, and Pakistan, and Sudan, and Central Africa, and Nigeria, Mali, Libya, Palestine, Egypt, Mexico, Thailand, the Philippines, the Spratley Islands, and on and on) don't end up being more like WW 3.0.
    so basically the US+Allies against a bunch of 3rd world shitholes that dont matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Some forms of idiocy will never die:
    i bet most people here wont even know what movie thats from. Thats sad too it was funny as shit. Slim Pikens was the man!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golforth View Post
    Well the World Cup is finally over, so now the people need some other kind of entertainment. People love a good show...it doesn't matter if it's merry or bloody.
    I'm surprised so many pretend to care about what's going on there. For myself I can't bring myself to care until enough blood has shed from innocent bystanders so politics actually do something.

Apparently killing 300 innocent people wasn't enough for politicians to do something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    This, declaring war should always be a last resort after every other possible option has been expended.
    And I agree with that, but atm nobody is doing anything next to putting up false sanctions. I understand it's not easy to take action, but the world is just watching doing jack shit while more innocent people die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    nobody cares about that desert. one side will win eventually, and many want to be that one. you guys dont understand human nature im thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    And I agree with that, but atm nobody is doing anything next to putting up false sanctions. I understand it's not easy to take action, but the world is just watching doing jack shit while more innocent people die.
    Because real intervention might cause far more suffering and not only in Ukraine or Russia, welcome to global politics where a few hundred or thousand human lives hardly matter, quite sick but the reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because it's always worse if something happens to children, as anyone working in the healthcare can tell you.

I thought the rebels and Ukraine were in a civil war?
    rebels = Russia. Without Russia's support, these rebels couldn't fight off a mob of old ladies let alone the organized military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Nothing is beyond the lands of jokes.
    Part of growing up is realizing that there is. This is coming from someone who constantly jokes and seldom takes anything seriously. But it's this mindset that creates trolls and then people that lack the brainpower to even tie their own shoelaces take these trolls seriously, are deeply touched by their ignorant and false views and opinions that not even the trolls themselves believe and then they go shoot or bomb innocent people...or just grow up to be ignorant racists that will breed more ignorant racists.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

nobody cares about that desert. one side will win eventually, and many want to be that one. you guys dont understand human nature im thinking.
    If your understanding of human nature was correct wouldn't the apocalypse have taken place in the latter half of the 20th century?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    rebels = Russia. Without Russia's support, these rebels couldn't fight off a mob of old ladies let alone the organized military.
    Exept Ukrainian military isn't that well organized and majority of countries in the world could occupy them in a few days. Wholle military operation expenses (according to Ukrain sources) are around 120 mil USD, for comparison only ammunition used in short Lybia bombardment costed few billions.

P.S. Also i heard guerillas fighting in Irak and Auganistan are doing just fine with good old AK-47 and simple explosive. Also as far as i know they're confronting not a mob of old ladies (well i don't know for sure since i've never seen US army).

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao. Your anti-air system can hit one practice aim out of two and you're trusting it against almost 1.2K nuklear missiles some of which are stationed on submarines. Good thing fools like you aren't holding the keys to humankind future.

Deleted
    No nukes would be launched. The rockets are so slow and easy to detect that whoever is targeted would launch their own at Russia. Both targets would be obliterated. How exactly would that serve either Russia or anyone else? Even being conquered is more acceptable than having your people bombed with nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post

Lmao. Your anti-air system can hit one practice aim out of two and you're trusting it against almost 1.2K nuklear missiles some of which are stationed on submarines. Good thing fools like you aren't holding the keys to humankind future.
    uhh we've been the future of humankind for the last couple hundred years... you seem very upset at that fact and refuse to acknowledge it. and like i said we are close but not there yet... i cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This may be bias because I'm gay, but I don't believe anyone who truly believes "homosexuality is immoral" is capable of having sound judgement, especially in the realm of being "the good guys", seeing as how you made a law to legally kill such people, even if they do nothing wrong.
    Where on earth did you hear/read this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Significantly shorter lives are a fairly good reason, I'd say.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2014-07-25 at 01:46 AM.