A nice tip if you're looking to level a few alts

If you are planning to level a few alts but you don't really feel like spending forever leveling them up the regular way, you can always create a second mail account and recruit-a-friend yourself, upgrade the first stage for I think 20 euro or something (I got it for 8 or something on sale) and then you can level with 300% xp upto level 85 making it a breeze. I advice always having a tank for instant que and spamming instances, it's not odd dinging several times a dungeon. I play tank and healer with this since the dungeons are embaressingly easy and if you are a healer you only have to tab to in order to throw a rejuvenation now and then, then nobody will bicker and try to have you kicked as opposed to if you just had a dps on follow then people might get quite upset and rightfully so.
    Anyway, I think it's quite cheap, especially if you can get the discount, just to speed up the leveling process enormously. I'm sure most were aware this option existed but I didn't know it was so cheap. I was under the impression that I would have to buy at least WOTLK and Cataclysm + gametime but nope, works fine with the 1 initial month you get.

Happy leveling!

After potentially paying a second subscription and transfer fees wouldn't it just be easier to pay for a boost?

I'm sorry but I don't think this is news to ANYONE.

cheaper then boost and you get mount
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    After potentially paying a second subscription and transfer fees wouldn't it just be easier to pay for a boost?
    As long as you are done within 2 months with what you aim to level, you don't need to pay any extra subscription fee (you get 1 month for free, and if you charge another month buy paying then I think your main account gets one month free so if that's true than technically you don't make a loss).

And you don't have to transfer any character. You can, but it's worth it just with the xp boost on your main account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    cheaper then boost and you get mount
    Although, in order to get the mount you got to shelf out for MoP which raises the price quite significantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    This really isn't a tip. Sorry if you felt like you were actually providing people w/ legitimate advice, but people have been doing this since RaF first came out. Hell I remember blizz had a sale on WoW for $5. I bought 4 and used them at various points to do RaF. This was back when RaF only worked upto lvl 60, but i'd level 4 toons and for every 2 characters you got to 60, that was 30 levels you could grant to another character. In the end i'd have 6 lvl 60 characters.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't think this is news to ANYONE.
    Well, this is news to me!:O

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    As long as you are done within 2 months with what you aim to level, you don't need to pay any extra subscription fee (you get 1 month for free, and if you charge another month buy paying then I think your main account gets one month free so if that's true than technically you don't make a loss).

And you don't have to transfer any character. You can, but it's worth it just with the xp boost on your main account.

- - - Updated - - -

Although, in order to get the mount you got to shelf out for MoP which raises the price quite significantly.

level 90 char 50 euro

battle chest 15 euro

2 month sub 13*2=26 euro

remove 1 month since you get 30 days if the boosted friend subscribe and the final price is 28 euro.

28 euro for mount/pet and 3 months of 300% exp, not bad deal imo.

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

level 90 char 50 euro

battle chest 15 euro

2 month sub 13*2=26 euro

remove 1 month since you get 30 days if the boosted friend subscribe and the final price is 28 euro.

28 euro for mount/pet and 3 months of 300% exp, not bad deal imo.
    You mean you have to purchase two additional months to get the freebie month? And there is no need to purchase MoP?

no, you need to pay for 30 days to unlock 30 free days on main account.

if you pay for 60 days you get a mount/pet of your choice as well.

and ye, you dont need to buy mop.

since the exp boost only last till 85 anyway.

Me n the wife will do this when the base WoW is on sale for $5(usually around xmas). So ends up being $20 total for the mount and xp boost. since first month free from buying game, 2nd month refer account gets free month, n just pay 15 for the 3rd month then cancel.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    Me n the wife will do this when the base WoW is on sale for $5(usually around xmas). So ends up being $20 total for the mount and xp boost. since first month free from buying game, 2nd month refer account gets free month, n just pay 15 for the 3rd month then cancel.
    It was on sale fairly recently as well, if I remember correctly, as well as in May, so you might not have to wait until Christmas to see another sale.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Did this 3 times in MoP, did it 2 times in Cata to have 4 accounts to camp the TLPD with (it has 4 spawn points).

Pretty good, and the mounts are a nice addition + the free months I got on my main account. In MoP I've gotten 26 toons to 90, half of those = Alliance toons that I leveled with RAF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    If you are planning to level a few alts but you don't really feel like spending forever leveling them up the regular way, you can always create a second mail account and recruit-a-friend yourself, upgrade the first stage for I think 20 euro or something (I got it for 8 or something on sale) and then you can level with 300% xp upto level 85 making it a breeze. I advice always having a tank for instant que and spamming instances, it's not odd dinging several times a dungeon. I play tank and healer with this since the dungeons are embaressingly easy and if you are a healer you only have to tab to in order to throw a rejuvenation now and then, then nobody will bicker and try to have you kicked as opposed to if you just had a dps on follow then people might get quite upset and rightfully so.
    Anyway, I think it's quite cheap, especially if you can get the discount, just to speed up the leveling process enormously. I'm sure most were aware this option existed but I didn't know it was so cheap. I was under the impression that I would have to buy at least WOTLK and Cataclysm + gametime but nope, works fine with the 1 initial month you get.

Happy leveling!
    Congratulations, you just figured out the recruit a friend trick that people have been doing for 6 years to level alts

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Did this 3 times in MoP, did it 2 times in Cata to have 4 accounts to camp the TLPD with (it has 4 spawn points).

Pretty good, and the mounts are a nice addition + the free months I got on my main account. In MoP I've gotten 26 toons to 90, half of those = Alliance toons that I leveled with RAF.
    I've been doing some RAF for the last month or so, sitting at 8 85/86 characters on the main account, with another 2(hunter from levelling and warrior from granting from the hunter) I'll be finishing fairly soon. After that I'll do another 2 or 3(1-2 Alliance monks and 1 Horde monk), which would leave me at 12-13 new 85s from RAF. Well worth the 7 euro for the activation code and ~30 euro(or however much it is) for 3 months(decided to keep the 2nd account a bit longer in case I want to do some more levelling or whatever). And I could even level more characters after I'm done, or if I end up wanting more max level characters, I can transfer the 85s from the 2nd account to the main account for less than the level boost each(although I would have to level those from 85-90) at any point in the future.
    But either way, none of this is new, people have been using RAF like this for ages.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Congratulations, you just figured out the recruit a friend trick that people have been doing for 6 years to level alts
    Yup, reason I ended up with alt-itis in Wrath. Had 6 toons at 60 (which is when raf capped back when new) and loaded them up with heirlooms. Fun times

no, you need to pay for 30 days to unlock 30 free days on main account.

if you pay for 60 days you get a mount/pet of your choice as well.

and ye, you dont need to buy mop.

since the exp boost only last till 85 anyway.
    Oh sweet, I might go for that mount then.

Deleted
    No 1-90 no care, 1-85 is actually enjoyable 85-90 is pain in the ass imo.

Quote Originally Posted by relicss View Post
    No 1-90 no care, 1-85 is actually enjoyable 85-90 is pain in the ass imo.
    I agree with the last bit. MoP levelling is extremely annoying to level through after the first few times. Sure, the storytelling and atmosphere is nice the first time or two you do the quests, but once you're on your 15th alt, it gets annoying to have the levels take so long and be filled with so much running around and vehicle crap(*cough*Listening to the reports in Jade Forest*cough*).
    And having so few dungeons that give such a low amount of XP for the time they take doesn't help.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    boost is 50€ and it takes 1 sec, you still gotta level with 300% exp and don't feed me that bs "duude but you won't know your class" if u boost or do raf stuff you are not a noob nemore, even if u donno the class, you won't learn shiz by spamming the same dungeon and using 3 moves. I boosted my 60 war after 9 years of in-game with different classes by expansion and i got the hang of it in 1 hour, now he's my favourite class and best one for me!