Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do i turn off the "angry pig squeal"?

Hey!

The sounds that the moonkin makes when he gets hit i'm guessing? It sounds horrible! Can't stand it. Sounds like a damn pig.
    I have unchecked "error speach" because i dont want to hear "i cant do that yet" and so on, but this pigsound is something else.
    How can i disable it? There has to be a way!?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the only way to remove it?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mute-wow-sounds

Seriously, i can't concentrate when i hear that annoying sound all the time.

Sorry, I must say.... I had a huuuuuuge laugh when I saw this post! ROOOFL dude. Don't know how to help thought.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Sorry, I must say.... I had a huuuuuuge laugh when I saw this post! ROOOFL dude. Don't know how to help thought.
    Haha yeah, i does sound kind of funny now that i read it

But that sound is damn frustrating man. Oh my god. Makes me not want to play on him at all.

Get the glyph that lets you be a boomkin without the form?

stop taking the dorito's away from her ?
    alternativly find the name of the sound file and you can make a mod folder which gets rid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Get the glyph that lets you be a boomkin without the form?
    I use this glyph and I am pretty sure the sound still plays.

uhm you can delete the water elemental sound so I'm pretty sure u just have to delete the responsible MPQ file in your wow folder
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

Glyph does not help. Using it, and i can still hear it.

I will look for the sound file. Seems to be the only way to get rid with it.

Thanks

EDIT:

Can't find any sound files at all so i guess i have to try the addon i mentioned in my first post.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2014-07-23 at 05:47 PM.

Personally I like the sounds, it tells me I'm getting a small dps increase

If it's that annoying, just mute your sound effects. CTRL+S for times when you are hit often.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    uhm you can delete the water elemental sound so I'm pretty sure u just have to delete the responsible MPQ file in your wow folder
    Ummm MPQ files hold many things inside. There isn't a separate MPQ for every sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    If it's that annoying, just mute your sound effects. CTRL+S for times when you are hit often.
    ya if there is one ant hill in between the bricks by the pool just throw a bomb on the patio >.>

The addon worked great and the sound is gone

Wait what? That's the best thing about being a moonkin!

is the best thingh sounding like a pig :P?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    is the best thingh sounding like a pig :P?
    Sounds more like ah...well...owl monster to me...like whoo whooooo but with more monstery-echo-deep voice :P

Doesn't sound like a pig to me. When I read this thread title I thought it was about the sound a hunter's boar pet makes when it attacks because that, is actually, an angry pig squeal.

I think if you can find out the name of the sound file you can get rid of the angry hoot the same way you get ride of worgen sniffing. But I like the angry hoot, so I don't have the file names and paths offhand.

Get rid of it? It's utterly fabulous! I only wish there was some awesome grafic like the feathers standing up and evil eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Get rid of it? It's utterly fabulous! I only wish there was some awesome grafic like the feathers standing up and evil eyes.
    Exactly! The boomkin honk has been around for...gosh idk soooo long - I've become so used to it that when other boomkin are around me and they are getting hit by something I instinctively execute the 5 D's: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and.... Dodge