Thread: hating hunters?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

hating hunters?

i been trying to find hc groups for my hunter as am almost bis geared on normal. but most groups dont want hunters or more or less say that they suck. now frome my own experiance and frome what i read hunters seems to do pretty well atleast dps wise. am i just unlucky with groups or do peps hate hunters?

Usually Hunters are on the "most wanted" list, since they can fill out many missing buffs and are ranged.

Maybe they already had enough Hunters?

90% of the Hunter population is very... slow, and thus they have a paranoid feeling that all of the hunters want to come will be the same.
    And why bring hunters when mages and warlocks burst down the God from the sky anyway?

Hunters are a strong class atm, but I'm seeing a lot of them out there too - they seem to be kinda FotM.

I've been having more issues getting runs on my frost dk (574 ilvl) than my hunter (~570 ilvl). Melee is not a good role to play atm.

The issue I've tended to have with my hunter is so many higher ilvl hunters in the raid that the leader doesn't want to bring along more.

I always main a hunter and tbh i have seen lots of hunters, any xpac. you lift a rock, a hunter. you queue for something, 1-2 hunters.
    Dunno, maybe ppl think its easy to play, just send pet and cobra shot, spending some focus once in a while...

10+ Year Old Account
    I only raid xrealm with pugs on my hunter, it's super hard to get into a decent group, I was never told I can't come because I was a hunter, unless the raid had 2 or more hunters already. Though when I get into a group I usually get told that "this hunter is not like the others" in a good way, so I guess there are more bad hunters than other classes, though this seems to be the case ever since vanilla :P, hence the nickname hunTARD
    PM me weird stuff :3

There is a lot of hunter hating on my realm too, but I only see that as a great incentive and motivator to be better.

Well theres alot of Hunters. Think there second most played class pally are first. Not sure though been awhile since i checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrosene View Post
    Well theres alot of Hunters. Think there second most played class pally are first. Not sure though been awhile since i checked.
    Hunters most popular, followed by warrior > druid > paladin on EU servers.

US servers it's hunter > paladin > druid > warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    u forgot dks are popular over here also... way to many damn BE dks
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Of all the classes I would turn down to be honest a high ilvl hunter would be the first unless I knew them personally since there seems to be such a high population of under performing over geared hunters. I'd probably be more inclined to bring a 580 Shadow priest over a 580 hunter simply because I've rarely ran into a high ilvl shadow priest that didn't perform at least to what their ilvl indicates they should.

Deleted
    Wonder what's that same ratio for characters that have killed garrosh normal. After all, hunter is probably best char for those who just enjoy casual side of game not to mention being one of most popular alt character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Wonder what's that same ratio for characters that have killed garrosh normal. After all, hunter is probably best char for those who just enjoy casual side of game not to mention being one of most popular alt character.
    Indeed, most people play hunter alt because he can do a lot of things solo easier.
    Another reason why people play hunters is so they can collect pets, at least that's what I gathered from all the "can we tame XX in next expansion" and "can you add YY as tameable pet" tweets.

Hunters are also the only 'unique' class gameplay wise, I mean the playstyle.
    The reason why there are a lot of bad hunters, is because how easy they are to play on amature level, you can basicly just click one button and stuff dies in seconds, even less things you need to click if you play beast master, as pet does majority of damage, easy to watch a movie while farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Of all the classes I would turn down to be honest a high ilvl hunter would be the first unless I knew them personally since there seems to be such a high population of under performing over geared hunters. I'd probably be more inclined to bring a 580 Shadow priest over a 580 hunter simply because I've rarely ran into a high ilvl shadow priest that didn't perform at least to what their ilvl indicates they should.
    As the RDPS Officer/Recruiter for our Guild, I can say that Shadow Priests that actually manage to press Mind Blast on CD can't be found. We've had several apply who have avg. Mind Blast CD around 12-16 second mark for single-target fights even(actual CD is 8s and you have some procs that reset it through talents).

We haven't had a Shadow Priest in the guild for around 6 months or so because they are bad at playing.

I've seen more bad Ferals, Ele Shamans and Warlocks than Hunters.

The only raids I do outside my guild is flex 4 (bcoz those damn loom daggers have never dropped for me). And I've seen hunters with 560-570 ilvl doing 250k dps so yeah there are lots of slow hunters since a decent chunk of players are hunters. Not that there's too many things wrong with the class, its just that people cba to hit stuff on cd :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    The only raids I do outside my guild is flex 4 (bcoz those damn loom daggers have never dropped for me). And I've seen hunters with 560-570 ilvl doing 250k dps so yeah there are lots of slow hunters since a decent chunk of players are hunters. Not that there's too many things wrong with the class, its just that people cba to hit stuff on cd :S
    I did 250k on juggs with 556, pulled 285k+ on garrosh flex with 559 last week (got bracers last week to bump ilvl).
    When I got my AoTC as 556 we had warr 575 that I was outdpsing on Garry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I did 250k on juggs with 556, pulled 285k+ on garrosh flex with 559 last week (got bracers last week to bump ilvl).
    When I got my AoTC as 556 we had warr 575 that I was outdpsing on Garry.
    Don't you just hate it when you beat people on gary while doing engineers as BM .........

Deleted
    I personally think alot of the h8 towards hunters come from an early level where 90% of new hunters in dungeons have the pet taunt on the term huntard comes along very early and its hard to shake that at higher lvls i think hunters to play at a basic level is probably one of the easiest to do ok with even if you just spam a few buttons your do ok. Every class has its skill cap at higher levels of play i just think its from the lower end of pve and pvp and ofc everyone has a hunter alt and is an expert.

The issue of finding a raid in pugs can be awkward at times but when it comes to the last few bosses thok siege paragons garrosh i think hunters are the best there for reasons normal or hc we personaly run with 4 hunters and they are all very usefull