Thread: New PSU

New PSU

So, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to PSUs. I got another gtx 460 for dirt cheap and looking to sli it with my existing card. My current PSU doesn't seem to be able to get them both running since it only comes with 2 of what I'll call the "6 Pins". A single 460 uses them both.

I suppose the main components that draw the power are the CPU and GPU. Currently running a Phenom II X4 and now wanting to use 2 460s (probably for the hell of it, my current games run great with just the single card).

Would something like this (link) be over blowing it? And how will I know if it comes with all the cables needed for 460 sli? Just assume since they're old cards?

Budget is $100ish for probably the last upgrade for this PC before I set up a completely new one.

Oh, and I'd prefer modular.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your current PSU? if you need 'pins', there is a special cable, usually comes with new GPU, did with mine anyway:

PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    What is your current PSU? if you need 'pins', there is a special cable, usually comes with new GPU, did with mine anyway:

This oldie

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817702010

Frankly even if I get that cable, I'm not sure if my PSU has the juice to Sli the 460s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I'm getting no info on it's amps, I guess you should buy a new PSU then, the one you linked is good enough.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Without overclocking those gpu's you are close to 500W considering an i5k and a couple storage drives. So 550W becomes tight and if you intent to overclock those 460's i would just go to at least 600W to heave breathing room. The cheapest i found is this XFX one with 4 pcie connectors. Tho amp wise a single 460 at stock shouldn't need more than 13.5-14amps