Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My game keeps on freezing right at the point where the loading screen is supposed to happen. Right after the intro movie. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: NVM I just let it sit for 10 mins and it finally started loading.
    Last edited by Weezing; 2014-07-25 at 09:42 PM.

Thank you for this post, OP! I love finding gems like this and I love the people who share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Load time gets much shorter after the initial load up (and that goes for every aspect of the game). The first time you create a new destination is fairly long loading as well, but it's not bad afterwards when you want to go there and back.
    All those expansion really pile up. When creating anew neighbourhood, you have to load it like seven times to get everything :P

Afterwards it's pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    My game keeps on freezing right at the point where the loading screen is supposed to happen. Right after the intro movie. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: NVM I just let it sit for 10 mins and it finally started loading.
    Yeah, gotta leave it sitting at the Sims pets screen for a little bit, I posted that on the 2nd page but yeah, 3rd page now sadly so no one will see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game looks awful on my 1440p monitor. It's all squished and I cant increase the resolution apparently, shame. First world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    The game looks awful on my 1440p monitor. It's all squished and I cant increase the resolution apparently, shame. First world problems.
    PC Gaming Wiki is your friend. By messing with the config files you can make the game run on literally any resolution.

Someone posted this nifty guide on the first page about increasing screen resolution as well: http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-si...olution-guide/

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    1: Click "Install" in Origin.
    2: Origin Downloads 13 Gbs of stuff
    3: Game is installed.

I don't know what was so hellish about that...
    I'm pretty goddamn horrible with anything related to technology. This was a pretty simple installation process.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be firing up Origin to get this game because I have zero interest in playing it. However, I have never had an issue with origin ever. I am of the opinion that most people who bash origin have never used it, they just repeat what they've heard. Maybe I just got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I won't be firing up Origin to get this game because I have zero interest in playing it. However, I have never had an issue with origin ever. I am of the opinion that most people who bash origin have never used it, they just repeat what they've heard. Maybe I just got lucky.
    For me Origin hasn't been any worse than Steam. It just carries the EA stigma with it and as we all know, anything that EA touches must be hated.

Still play Sims 2 now and then almost execlusive building. Fun time waster Made some pretty great houses over the time.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Definitely picking this up! Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks for the heads up. Installed it on both of my daughters computers. Unfortunately it crashes when they try do the hair of their sims but hopefully I can sort something out.

Deleted
    I've never had any need for customer service on Steam so I can't exactly say how it works there, and while I hate Steam passionately out of principle because it screwed up CS (for me anyway) way back in the day, it works just fine for me now.

Origin, however, gets 0/5 points from me. Back when SW:TOR came out, I ordered an SW:TOR authenticator from Origin, as it was, at least at the time, the only way of getting one. They charged me twice, once as soon as I made the order, another time 10 days after. Both times I also got an email saying the authenticator had been shipped (which, in both cases, was complete bullshit.) I had plenty of money on my account throughout this time, and I've never had any problems anywhere with charges on my account.

I contacted their "customer service" via the EA forums as I was instructed on some site, as it seemed they had no other way of handling these things, at the time anyway. What kind of bullshit is it that the only customer service is done on forums, I don't know, but that's how it seemed to be then, because I found no web forms, no email addresses and no phone numbers I could call.

I posted a total of 5 times, and a few other people chimed in as well simply saying "don't get your hopes up, Origin is absolute shit" and stuff like that, during the 20 days (note that that's actually 10 days after the second bullshit email saying it's been shipped; no shipping takes 10 days) it took for them to get the authenticator to me. I got no replies from customer service representatives. I got no emails, no nothing. For 20 days I was wondering why my account got charged twice and why I'm not getting the product I ordered, and not the least why nobody is giving me any information.

Anyway, in the end, I got my product and the extra charge was removed, but there was exactly zero customer service on their part. So they can die in a fire.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-07-27 at 07:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    I'm pretty goddamn horrible with anything related to technology. This was a pretty simple installation process.
    Skynet is now on your computer! Quickly remove it or it will kill you and your family!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    As nice of them as that is, I wouldn't download Origin if they were giving me Sims 4.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Thank you for sharing this. Loved Sims 2, though didn't have much in the way of expansions (base, university, nightlife, pets and seasons). I honestly like it a hell of a lot more than I did Sims 3 (which was nice with the removal of loading screens and a few other improvements, but overall Sims2 > Sims3). Just wish they would have included 2 of my favorite Sims1 expansions (Superstar and Making Magic, especially Making Magic). If Sims2 had those, it would have been completely perfect. Sims3's pet expansion, I think, was overall better than Sims1 or 2's. Much easier to recreate my own doggies.

Now, with a 12.6 GB download, I will have to leave this going overnight (10pm here right now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    If you like The Sims franchise at all, I'd still greatly recommend taking advantage of it. I've honestly enjoyed The Sims 2 more than 3 for some reason. It feels like I need to buy at least another 3 DLC packs for The Sims 3 before it's "complete" in a sense.
    The Sims 2 systems felt like you had more freedom as opposed to Sims 3 felt more "on rails". Just my personal opinion of why I liked 2 better than 3.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

uuuuugh I caved in I still don't like EA but free game well two also got peggle

Blarg. My game is messed up. Shadows appear as large black rectangles, the slightest camera movement makes everything flicker, the seperation of the floors in multistory houses appears as a brown bar across the screen, and the building vanishes off and on whenever things are set to Speed #3.

Anyone else having that problem or know how to remedy it?