Can you quest/Farm as holy or disc in WOD?

I'm hoping someone in the beta can give some insight as to how painful it is/would be to level as disc or holy. The main problem I have with priests right now is I really dislike shadow. I came to MoP very late (about 4 months ago) and found leveling as Disc doable but a bit painful. if leveling as disc is going to be even worst in WoD (I have the impression at the moment that our damage is fairly abysmal outside of shadow) I may have to reconsider my class. My priest has been my main since release so I would really prefer not to change.

In WoD, the shadow priest mastery is being redesigned to increase the damage of some of our single target spells (Mind Flay, Mind Spike, Mind Blast), and a level 100 talent that allows us to perform a dotless rotation has also lead to a redesigning of some of the other talents to work without dots too. The end result being that shadow can have a very different feel to current if you choose to spec it that way. These changes also mean that it will be a LOT easier to level with if you go for a crit/mastery build, which you would have from disc gear if you usually play disc.
    With Glyph of Mind Spike, which reduces the cast time of mind blast each time you cast Mind Spike, and Glyph of Mind Harvest, which causes the first mind blast on a new target to generate extra shadow orbs, it should now be very easy to quickly dispatch of most mobs as shadow. If your concern was purely about how easy it is to level as shadow, I would recommend reconsidering it, but if its a flavor thing then I can't really offer much advice.

In terms of the other specs, I don't know anything specifically, but as of the current build holy would be the better bet if you have to level as a healer, both for healing dungeons and for questing, since red chakra still increases your damage, and holy is in a good place with healing.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

My Holy / Smite experience: I smited my way through shadowmoon valley.

With the proper glyphs, smite-questing as holy seems perfectly doable, but the damage is terribly low. So expect it to take a while to kill anything!
    Unlike cata though, killing a mob is no longer actually difficult - you will eventually win against pretty much any mob.
    Mostly because mana seems virtually infinite while smiting in red chakra; even if you spend a minute per mob, and have to self-heal about 10 times while doing it, it's not like you will ever run out of your blue bar.

I smited my way to lvl 92, and at that point, the "big quest bosses" had around 200k HP. While smite did about 1.2k damage. You do the math on how long it takes.

Things was a lot easier with my copied character; as my damage output was a lot higher. I also found that just enchanting for multistrike (thank you, Flaskataur!) made the life of a smiter dramatically easier. To the point where multistrike seems to be an extremely potent stat (I realize that those enchants were meant for lvl 100 players, and thus quite a bit over budget for me @ lvl 92, but it still rocked as a stat. Gear for multistrike!)

Either way - defintively doable, and while it won't exactly earn you any server firsts, it seems to do the job. I will be levelling in that fashion when the real thing comes along.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]