Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you have any goals beyond simple day to day life?

So it may sound odd but I don't feel like I could live a normal life of simply getting a job to make money. Some time ago I created a bit of a selfish goal for myself. The quickest way to sum it up is that if I want to survive what ever impending shit storms are on their way I have to make myself an asset. Over the last four years it's shifted to this: the earth isn't going to save itself. So now I have all these ambitious goals and small changes I could influence here in there. Right now I just struggle with motivation and constantly question if I am smart enough to achieve any of my goals. Simply put I want my life to be full of purpose while improving life for society as a whole. So I ask, does anyone else share something similar to this? A desire to make a positive difference? A desire to simply make a difference?

Have you ever thought of counting moose?

im an actor so i want to tell stories, i want to BECOME the stories. i dont want to just wear a mask i want to become the mask.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont want to just wear a mask i want to become the mask.
    http://rap.genius.com/Danger-doom-the-mask-lyrics

Money isn't much of a motivator for me since I know I can't buy happiness. Sure money is a great tool to that end, but it won't get me there on its own. So I kind of struggle with the what's the point of each day. Many people say I'm depressed, but I actually don't exhibit the signs of depression hah. Life is life and we make of it what we will. Everyone has a pep talk to give, but you have to do what you have to do. Like I'm in school right now just so I can get out of working at gas stations and wal-marts and such. I know my degree won't solve many of the issues I have, but it will cure a few.

Deleted
    One of my main motivators is the acquisition of socks.

Many reasonable and prudent people feel approximately the same as you. With enough resources you can attempt anything yet without cooperation you will fail every time.

If I could buy the world a coke so as to listen while I sing.

I would think most people strive to do many things other than work and sleep, its just not really possible to most.
    We like to think that hard work and personal merit are the main factors, but circumstances and opportunity are far more important, which is the true limiter of potential.
    You might be born full of potential and never realize it because you were born in the wrong place, at the wrong time, to the wrong parents.

Tl:dr, we all do, few can.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    Many reasonable and prudent people feel approximately the same as you. With enough resources you can attempt anything yet without cooperation you will fail every time.

If I could buy the world a coke so as to listen while I sing.
    True enough. I don't really understand your last statement though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    I would think most people strive to do many things other than work and sleep, its just not really possible to most.
    We like to think that hard work and personal merit are the main factors, but circumstances and opportunity are far more important, which is the true limiter of potential.
    You might be born full of potential and never realize it because you were born in the wrong place, at the wrong time, to the wrong parents.

Tl:dr, we all do, few can.
    True as well, but I feel that a lot of people neglect their potential and full on ignore it when it's there.

No goal and no plan here anymore. I used to but it all went away

A goal to change to world? Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I cannot change human nature, I also cannot change the World.
    Corporate elite will see to upholding the profitable status quo until it begins to threaten them.
    Only then will they allow it to change.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't.

But I have goals to make my simple day to day life more enjoyable and meaningful.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest problem is passion. Now, I might be misunderstanding the thread and thus posting off topic stuff, but I think that many people just don't get to know what their true passion is. And those that do, are discouraged from doing it.
    For example, I'm a rock climber so I strive every day to climb harder. But it seems that life is just telling me "lol no" everywhere I go. Be it lack of money, lack of time, lack of training, lack of partner to climb with or lack of something else. It's just hard because I can't make a living out of climbing, at least not at this moment. And it doesn't help that I'm from Croatia where climbing isn't popular.
    Society today does a very good job at not allowing you to do what you really want to do. Who has the energy to train after a 10-12 hour physical work day? But hey, you gotta pay the bills, don't you?

On topic: yes, I do have goals. To climb harder. And it's becoming increasingly harder to believe I can succeed.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Deleted
    Aside from trying to make my life better.. not really.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want to have a dog. As soon as i own a place with enough place, i will get a dog.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I want to change the world.. of warcraft..

So I make a lot of posts on this forums..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I like it when I make other people smile.

Not enough to put a lot of effort into it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    So I ask, does anyone else share something similar to this? A desire to make a positive difference? A desire to simply make a difference?
    Even if you only make a positive influence on only one person, you have done well and have made a difference for that other person. Such a action can also have a domino effect.

For myself. I want to wake up the next morning and each day I have goals I want to accomplish. Sometimes I make them, sometimes I do not. No big deal if I fail one day. There is tomorrow and if there is not, then my worries would have been in vain anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    day to day life seems pretty good...you are going to die one way or another may as well do what ever you enjoy :/