Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so when are we going to see the same concerns about diversity from the NBA?
    We already did when basketball used to be all white, same with baseball

Now lets not be silly, if getting a job was the same as getting into the NBA there would not be these questions about diversity. The NBA is not just picking people based on their skin tone but based off of their actions in other games not just their resumes. The NBA does try to get more diverse players as well and every few years they bring out the next great white hope or Larry Bird.

Sports in general are just a bit more transparent when hiring players than most other jobs. It can be very clear who is the best player or has the better skill set. The same is not true if you have two resumes that look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    So your stance is "companies are pressured to do this but never do, so who cares?" Yeah, that's a constructive opinion.
    Do "what"? This is incredibly (a.k.a. "intentionally") vague, as I mentioned multiple things in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I'm also happy that you're content with defending the idea behind calling people by an exaggeration of their skin tone. It's nice to see people go to such written lengths to oppose someone using more sensitive terminology for no apparent reason. Stay classy.
    For someone who clearly and makes it a point to demonstrate that he has an issue with "Political Correctness", you sure pick odd times to dislike it.

I work with a ton of females in IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

so when are we going to see the same concerns about diversity from the NBA?
    In terms of players? Or in terms of the coaches, team owners, and other decision making big wigs? Because the first one is mainly black, while the rest are mainly white.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-07-24 at 12:04 PM.

Political correctness is a double edged sword. On one hand it can do a lot of good and on the other it can simply be abused for the sake of pursuing a selfish or harmful agenda. The exact same thing applies to diversity and equality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yep. And I'm going to study Aviation at college later this year. This is normally dominated by men but this year there are more women flowing in than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    Political correctness is a double edged sword. On one hand it can do a lot of good and on the other it can simply be abused for the sake of pursuing a selfish or harmful agenda. The exact same thing applies to diversity and equality.
    And none of the extremes should be used to fear-monger and passive-aggressively attempt to scare people into keeping the status quo.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-07-24 at 12:11 PM.

I agree. Twitter put a gun to my head once, and told me that I should stop trying to get an arts degree. That malicious cretin, Twitter! OOooooH!!!! *shakes fist*

Twitter also killed my parents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    How many of them actually matter?

Most of the women I worked with in IT a decade ago were instantly replaceable by any developer off the street whilst many of the guys I worked with were not.

Deleted
    This is what happens when the world is run by lefties. All this equality, quotas, gender bullshit. NEVER VOTE FOR LEFT PARTIES or you end up fucking up the world which is already fucked up enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    In terms of players? Or in terms of the coaches, team owners, and other decision making big wigs? Because the first one is mainly black, while the rest are mainly white.
    why is that? why is the vast majority of NBA players black?

why is that? why is the vast majority of NBA players black?
    Whatever it is, it might be the same reason the vast majority of the key decision making positions are populated by white people.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-07-24 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gosh.... idiocy running rampant..... In here too btw....

It's been friggen analysis reports. If websites slap misleading titles on their reports, that doesn't make equal rights supporters responsible.
    And newsflash here.... Some fields are just dominated by certain groups......

When I worked to get my hardware engineers degree, my class had a size of 35 people. 3 of them were women. 32 of them were men.
    Within the job's profile the nowadays rather funny question was integrated: "Do you even lift?"
    Low voltage, high weight. Especially common on industrial level. Most women don't want to, or cannot lift heavy loads.

On the contrary.. I've taken a business accounting class, that had the same size... We were 5 guys, and the rest were females.

Looking at Twitters stats, I say they are fine. Much like those of the other companies mentioned are fine.
    No scandal to detect. Only stupidity.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Whatever it is, it might be the same reason the vast majority of the key decision making positions are populated by white people.
    They're better at it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey anybody remember that whole Jadapose fiasco, where some idiots decided to post a girl who had violently been raped, then mocked her on twitter with some stupid ass hashtag about it?

So explain to me again how Twitter is anymore of a legitimate news feed for anything more than anything else like Youtube or Facebook? Oh that's right it isn't, much like Yahoo comments where opinions are like assholes and everybody has them especially nameless faceless trolls who are afraid in RL of being accountable for their shit.

If there is any one rule I am learning over the last couple of years is that, YOU REALLY can't rely on non elected idiots to speak for a group of anything. Most black people like most white people bust their ass and work hard, most are getting fucked over by a system they had NO real choice in setting up, and are really just trying to get through this thing we call life, without being marginalized by some asshat who wrote an article about something.

Blacks and Women aren't getting tech degrees for the same reason white guys aren't really getting a lot of tech degrees, the only difference is our social expectations and influence leads people to stereotype what we all should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    They're better at it?
    Is there was a study done that accurately demonstrated this?

I haven't met a female programmer ... that's my own fact. I worked maybe with 40-50 programmers in my career all of them were male. And quess what. I don't really care. So men and women are predisposed to be better at certain jobs due to genetics or enviroment they grow up in ... what's wrong with that.

I kind of like it when different sexes are better at different things. Women better at organising, men better at brute force. Why should we become unisex. That's boring.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    They're better at it?
    Yep, just like only size Zero women are on the Cover of Magazines, because they are always better looking right?

*Siiigh* Idiots pandering to other idiots... Go world, u so gud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there was a study done that accurately demonstrated this?
    Yes the same study's that say all black people prefer chicken because they are genetically predisposed rather than Chicken being something people generally like, and the reason it gets associated with blacks is because through the worst parts of the history of this country Chicken was probably one of the cheaper sources of meat for blacks and people of low income, and thus became a staple for the cuisine of choice rather than the choice of cuisine, but then, I am sure some of the same people that believe in that sort of genetic nonsense would probably blow of those kinds of environmental circumstances as unscientific and unverifiable.