Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    LOL says WHO?

The company will worry about it, NO you will worry about it because you paid for an item you didn't get, if they lost it, what makes you think they won't say welp YOU better file the claim unless you pay extra for insurance, and then and only then will they perhaps pay for it.

Also what about insurance, do you know anything about how insurance works, they are going to have to set up some kind of verification process before they cover your loss, what formula they going to use to reimburse you or the company for your now invisible item?
    You've clearly never ordered something from Amazon/UPS. Their customer service deals with all this for you. I just told you this, yet you're flat out denying it. It's a really common situation. Example - recently my housemate bought a football, it never arrived. He emailed the people, they asked us to check with the neighbours and they had nothing. They said they'd speak to the delivery people. A few hours later he got an email saying that another was on it's way.

Says who? The customer service departments of these people. It's easier and better for them to just send you another one, than it is to say "fuck you, deal with it" - no legal problems, no investigation, just another item. Of course, expensive items you have to sign for in order to receive they don't just leave it on the doorstep. So your PS5 example would never happen, because you need to sign for it to receive it or the package would not be relinquished. Sign for something and then you take responsibility, so if you take it from a neighbour and then lie, they can press criminal charges and the distributor has proof of this.

Try not to be completely clueless before starting an argument... This is how the whole system works in the UK, I imagine it's similar elsewhere as it's based on company policy and not laws of the land. Them taking your money and not giving you the item, is called stealing. A big company does not want to be brandished with stealing, but they can sure as hell afford to replace your £10 item without worrying. Far cheaper than dealing with a legal case.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2014-07-24 at 05:04 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You've clearly never ordered something from Amazon/UPS. Their customer service deals with all this for you. I just told you this, yet you're flat out denying it. It's a really common situation. Example - recently my housemate bought a football, it never arrived. He emailed the people, they asked us to check with the neighbours and they had nothing. They said they'd speak to the delivery people. A few hours later he got an email saying that another was on it's way.

Says who? The customer service departments of these people. It's easier and better for them to just send you another one, than it is to say "fuck you, deal with it" - no legal problems, no investigation, just another item. Of course, expensive items you have to sign for in order to receive they don't just leave it on the doorstep. So your PS5 example would never happen, because you need to sign for it to receive it or the package would not be relinquished. Sign for something and then you take responsibility, so if you take it from a neighbour and then lie, they can press criminal charges and the distributor has proof of this.

Try not to be completely clueless before starting an argument... This is how the whole system works in the UK, I imagine it's similar elsewhere as it's based on company policy and not laws of the land. Them taking your money and not giving you the item, is called stealing. A big company does not want to be brandished with stealing, but they can sure as hell afford to replace your £10 item without worrying. Far cheaper than dealing with a legal case.
    You might want to try reading first, and not taking yourself so serious as clearly you have no idea what you are talking or about what I was referencing.

If your package gets lost with UPS, or FEDEX which I have used when ordering, they typically give you a tracking number, but if your package is on a drone in transit and it vanishes, that is not exactly the same as lost in transit, or misplaced, and they simply have to find where it didn't get sorted to, or maybe perhaps where it was left.

When your package is literally vanishes an in like the Airliner here, how the hell is the insurance going to leverage your replace against an item they physically don't have and can't locate?

10+ Year Old Account
    When your package is literally vanishes an in like the Airliner here, how the hell is the insurance going to leverage your replace against an item they physically don't have and can't locate?
    You went on a hell of anecdote and metaphor to say that, it's not even similar. Lives are rather different from a package on a plane.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something the size of a airplane disappearing is hard to understand, only if you don't realize the size and depth of an ocean.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    i see a lot of people whipping themselves into a frenzy over something that in the big picture isnt that significant or different from what happens everyday.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Something that big should never go missing, because it is either up in the AIR, or it's on the ground one way or another, but typically it isn't one of those things you don't keep track of, this is not like a Smart Phone, and even those don't go missing long.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh! HAHAHAHAAHAHA fear for HUMANITY!
    They did keep track of it, then it was lost on radar. Plenty of things can make that happen, it's not so hard to figure out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm getting really scared to fly now. Dying from an airplane crash is one of my biggest fears...
    Well as long as you don't fly over contested/heated territory I think you're good lol

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mhmm... This must be one of the worst years in aviation... And again, RIP to all whom have died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Mhmm... This must be one of the worst years in aviation... And again, RIP to all whom have died.
    no i would have to say it would be the year that flight 123 in japan crashed into a mountain and killed 520 people.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Deleted
    I don't want to say it's aliens.

But it's aliens.

11.45 The wreckage of the plane has been found 30 miles from the border of Burkina Faso near the village of Boulikessi in Mali.
    Gen. Gilbert Diendere, an aide to Blaise Compaore, the president of Burkino Faso, and head of the crisis committee leading the search, said human remains and burned and scattered plane parts were found at the site.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no i would have to say it would be the year that flight 123 in japan crashed into a mountain and killed 520 people.
    Well 298 where on MH17, 227 on MH370 and 116 on the Algerian plane which is about 620~ people or so. So I guess this year and that flight 123 are kinda equal with the number of people that died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Well 298 where on MH17, 227 on MH370 and 116 on the Algerian plane which is about 620~ people or so. So I guess this year and that flight 123 are kinda equal with the number of people that died.
    except almost 2000 people died from plane crashes in 1985.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    except almost 2000 people died from plane crashes in 1985.
    Fewer people flew.

But also, 2000? That's not much.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.