Will Horde and Alliance become one someday?(Novel spoilers maybe?)

Was reading the novels and i realized one thing...
    Before orcs and humans, orcs were all separeted clans. They united against one common foe(The draenei), and became the Horde.
    The humans were pretty much the same, separated by their kingdoms, until the horde common(the common foe) and they formed the Alliance.

Now, we have been fighting the Lichking, Deathwing and even Garrosh together. Alliance and Horde soldiers side by side. It's hard to think that at least the footman, minor soldiers and adventurers that fought alongside unknown other soldiers haven't developed some kind of friendship, respect or whatsoever with races of other factions.

And apparently in WoD, we are doing it again. united against an Invasion from another world. i don't think the leaders would merge together or even disband the horde or the alliance to form a completely new thing. But after many battles, i think one race would tolerate the other. But still we can't speak with players of other factions, can't trade, can't do dungeons and raids with then.

My point is: isn't about time the we can actually have groups, raids... maybe even guild members of opposite factions? or at least communicate and trade with them?
    Maybe it could be a Quest of learning the orcish/common language, presenting yourself to the opposite faction leader who would congratulate you for your efforts on protecting azeroth and trying to maintain peace.
    Not like the Human would be jumping around Orgrimmar and stuff, but if you want to, you can have a orc friend and get along with him and do dungeons and raids together. No need to change factions or stuff just yet.

Much like Orgrim and Durotan were friends. They did all kinds of stuff(no homo) together, while clans used to be totally separated.

oh well, just a tought i was having there while scrolling the forums and decided to share with the community. Thanks for reading anyway! Sorry for any bad grammar.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    If it weren't for WoW gameplay, it's likely they could be one.

I like it better when there is an uneasy peace between the factions, but not enough to stop things like PvP and occasional faction combat (some random Dwarf and some random Troll who bump into each other in STV aren't going to give a shit about any peace treaty). That way, we still have those things without "ZOMG ORCS VS HUMANS" being the main focus of the story. It also allows the Horde and Alliance forces to briefly put aside their differences against a common enemy. I thought it was really cool when Bolvar and Saurfang Jr. fought on the same side at the Wrathgate (even if that didn't end well for either of them).

I think that's why I liked it better when Thrall was the Horde leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope not...

unless it'll then end in a result of small fraction of factions who then fight against the control
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i just want to be able to play my space goat shaman as horde

10+ Year Old Account
    The two-faction system is too ingrained to get rid of at this point IMO. The two factions existing independently is enforced just as often as it's decried, even if it we're at a point in the plot where killing each other is usually down to forced stupidity on the Horde's part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    If it weren't for WoW gameplay, it's likely they could be one.
    for the sake of wow gameplay I wish it were done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hope not...

unless it'll then end in a result of small fraction of factions who then fight against the control
    Probably not because of that ^ mentality still existing.

The two faction system is insanely dated and almost all pvp is instanced at this point in time but people still hold on to what is a negligible part of the game. Lore wise there's little reason why they're separate as they've been working with each other for 5 years now for the greater good, and gameplay wise there is no benefit to dividing your player base. Even less so when there's such heavy faction imbalance and its quite obvious people don't want to be segregated on their servers which is why servers are so heavily one sided.

I can understand why such a massive change hasn't happened in WoW yet, but I can never understand why new games like wildstar launch with the 2 faction system even though they damn well know they won't have the players to support it and dividing an already small player base in half is just bad for game health.

There is no reason it can't be done. BGs/Arenas would still exist; world PvP could exist in the same form it does today. PvE realms would be more cooperative, like Rift's PvE realms, while the PvP realms still had contested zones.

The biggest change this would make, is allow the lore to grow and not be constrained by a forced continuous war, that seems more and more childish after every 'big bad' we defeat together.

What they should do, for PvP's sake, is more situations of allowing a player to flag themselves against everyone like on TI; or have zones that are like gurubashi arena when fighting for the trinket (or when you travel near/in/fly over any in game version of the instanced arenas). The faction war in Ashran makes absolutely no sense lorewise no matter how they try to spin it.

The game's lore cannot grow/develop properly without this change; all there will continue to be is more orc vs human crap that is played out after 20 years, and 10 years of cooperation in WoW itself, from AQ to SoO.

Deleted
    ofc they could. and they should.

2 factions system is so 2004. a remnant of the past and nothing else. spltting your playerbase in half is not good, it's BAD. but Blizzard likes their ancient hurr durr humies vs orcs crap theme too much to ever do that. Warcraft 3 is where the story began to be good, wc 1 & 2 were crap yet blizzard likes to focus on those games more, it escapes me why.

Wc3 ending: 'Just as the Orcs, Humans and Night elves discarded their old hatreds and stood united against a common foe...'

WoW ever since Wrath: HURR DURR BRING THE WAR BACK LETS FIGHT FOR NO REASON HURR DURR

fucking retarded
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-07-24 at 04:45 PM.

Good to know i'm not the only one who thinks like this. Knowing that other people(apparently some minor majority) actually wants the lore to develop is a relief. Sometimes it seems like i'm the last player who cares about that kind of stuff, and not only epics and damage and theorycraft.(i actually kinda like theorycraft and stuff too, but its far to be more important than a good lore for me anyway. i Miss RTS warcraft, i would give 10 years of WoW for Warcraft 4. But thats just me.)

But i do understand they won't change it drasticaly. That's why i came up with the idea where you can actually invite other faction players to group/raid.
    For example, in a PVP Server, i'm a dwarf walkin in STV or watever suddenly a Wild Troll appears. i can either attack him because i hate trolls, or i can give him a group invite. Making him unattackable for me.
    The idea need to be worked out, i know. but i think it's good, after five years working together, to actually be able to reason with the opposite factions and even work together in small tasks(Quests, scenarios and dungeons)

Actually, it would be pretty cool to see this happening. i can see a good lore development. i can see Jaina becoming what Garrosh has become if we ever officially merge with the horde.

Deleted
    I hate the Alliance side, no way i want to team up with them. Gamebreaker for me if this would ever happen!

Deleted
    Honestly, maybe when WoW comes to a complete close they'll become one or inter-factional like that... but as long as the game is up and running, I don't think so. I wish it would be so, I would love to fight side by side with my Blood Elf hubby on my Night Elf main (Romeo & Juliet *cough*)! But why don't I think Blizzard will unite them? For the reason of PvP. Not only will the lore become more redundant (also considering if the Horde and Alliance united - nothing could even the waver the thought of "We'll surpass the enemy!), but then BG's would have to become less of a gamepoint (Horde vs Alliance) and more of a player-base "skill" tournament like Arena (Alli vs Alli / Horde vs Horde / Alli vs Horde).

Positive thought/idea and would love to see it happen, alas, it won't anytime soon. *Points at the last april fools joke from Blizzard*

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I hate the Alliance side, no way i want to team up with them. Gamebreaker for me if this would ever happen!
    Huh, why is that a gamebreaker for you? even if it's optional, it still a gamebreaker?
    And if you allow me to know, why so much hatred against the alliance? just curious to see the POV of someone who disagree.

i understand that some players like horde more, or even hate alliance.(or vice-versa) i mean lore-wise, there's also players who do like both, and as already pointed out on the posts above, it doesn't makes much sense anymore.
    i'm ok if they do something that makes the horde and alliance hate eachother again. But at every expansion it seems like we are closer to being one.

I think it should be one optional change, you can still hate the alliance/horde if you want to, still kill it or whatever. What i want, is a choice. To not hate any, or hate both.
    Or maybe being able to join a Neutral Faction.(the problem with it, is that eventually both alliance and horde would have too little players. as most would go with the new neutral faction anyway) Epic quest for joining neutral faction, please! ;(

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    i'm ok if they do something that makes the horde and alliance hate eachother again. But at every expansion it seems like we are closer to being one.
    What's funny is that's exactly how they advertised MoP. It was supposed to be the expansion that pitted the alliance and the horde against each other after so many expansions of them working together for the greater good. That is why we had those lil faction zones down in krasarang.

And yet even in the expansion where we're supposed to reignite the hatred between factions, we end the expansion with us working together for the greater good. The faction hate is just really not meant to be from a lore standpoint and a game play standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I like it better when there is an uneasy peace between the factions, but not enough to stop things like PvP and occasional faction combat (some random Dwarf and some random Troll who bump into each other in STV aren't going to give a shit about any peace treaty). That way, we still have those things without "ZOMG ORCS VS HUMANS" being the main focus of the story. It also allows the Horde and Alliance forces to briefly put aside their differences against a common enemy. I thought it was really cool when Bolvar and Saurfang Jr. fought on the same side at the Wrathgate (even if that didn't end well for either of them).

I think that's why I liked it better when Thrall was the Horde leader.
    Unfortunately, that was never the case in-game. The Horde and Alliance have been at war since the first day someone logged into WoW. It even says so in the cinematic. They conquered territory from each other and what we saw was a snapshot of the constant combat. Pretty much every battleground is a dumbed down version of the two sides throwing soldiers at each other over those areas.

If there was any logic at all to this, we wouldn't have Ashran and ICC's ship battle would never have happened.

Seriously, think about it. The Alliance streamrolled the True Horde and turned to the remaining "not True" Horde and said "We'll let you live but if you screw this up again all of you will die" and walked out with pimp canes. Then, for some reason, during a suicide mission to save their planet from invasion and potential genocide they... stop to have a battle with each other in a world they can't possibly be getting many reinforcements in. Just like the ship battle, they might as well turn to Grom and hold up a sign saying "Will bend over and beg! Much love, Grom-sama! <3"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the way that Blizzard is following is to eliminate the factions. Each day that passes the separation lines between the Horde and the Alliance fade away what, in practice, gives way to a single faction.

However, obviously at the end of WoW only will be a single faction. An Army of Light to fight without quarter against the Burning Legion. The question is, so soon is the end of WoW?

Personally, I would have given a little more time to the Horde-Alliance conflict, as it would have given much play and would have served as an excuse for many more stories.

But as I said it seems that Blizzard has already made its decision: from now, belonging to the Alliance or the Horde is no longer significant, as we are all allies (or neutrals) and we are all fighting for the same thing. A shame in my opinion.