Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Karizee used to be the biggest fan, posting the news every patch. But not lately, must be old age setting in and slower reflexes...

Late night WvW-ing interfering with my early morning patch info posting :P
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Why not the Lionguard? Or one of Destiny's Edge?
    Because the Pale Tree is a dominating knowitall that puts her favorites in charge of things.

It's like the Master of Peace, we're not given a choice in whether we trust her or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the Pale Tree is a dominating knowitall that puts her favorites in charge of things.

It's like the Master of Peace, we're not given a choice in whether we trust her or not.
    Don't care if it's a sylvari, but why can't she pick someone more... believable? Trahearne has the personality of a tree stump.

Oh wait...

Don't care if it's a sylvari, but why can't she pick someone more... believable? Trahearne has the personality of a tree stump.

Oh wait...
    I hate his voice on top of all that. Idk what it is about his voice.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Ir has a condescending tone.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I actually like Trahearne. Don't be mean.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love the GW2 game, I really don't consider any of the story-telling to be top notch.

Even the latest Season 2 stuff that has launched this month, ugh ; that asura child genius has stepped straight out of a lame George Lucas script. Every time she opens her mouth, I see a little blond moppet fixing droids and pod-racers in the desert. And the way that Marjory and Kasmeer interact sounds like something from a teenage fanfic.

But of course this is just, like, my opinion man. S2 seems to be generating huge amounts of applause and excitement in the fan communities, so they've obviously scored a direct bullseye on their target market.

They did a good job adding some mystery, that's for sure. I have to agree about kasmeer and marjory sounding like a fan slashfic. I guess its not a slashfic if its from the original authors though, right? I'm glad they're going to go back to some of the elder characters in the series though. I didn't think I'd say it but I miss Destiny's edge, heh.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    I can't pinpoint what is it about that saladhead that bugs me so much, but it's terrible. The voice acting is pretty bad. Ambient dialogues are leagues beyond what the PS has. My favorite one is in Queensdale:

"Maybe I should join the bandits."
    ""Maybe I should join the bandits"? Do you know how naive you sound? You don't just join the bandits. They're not a social club. They're a bunch of thieving murderers!"
    "What, can't a man dream?"

It is very, very natural acting. If I didn't know better, I never would have guessed that came from a video game.
    It is nice.. this was posted to /r/Guildwars2 sometime ago. The npc talks are great. XD

Why not the Lionguard? Or one of Destiny's Edge?
    Because Destiny's Edge spends every minute acting like high schoolers who got their feelings hurt until the last possible moment The Lionsguard is also apparently super corrupt and not trusted by a lot of people. Not a lot of people really like/trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Ir has a condescending tone.
    Yea she does sometimes, but her tone has nothing on Zojaa's.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    It is nice.. this was posted to /r/Guildwars2 sometime ago. The npc talks are great. XD
    There are a lot of awesome NPC conversations around. I miss the three kids playing make believe in LA though. They were hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    Even the latest Season 2 stuff that has launched this month, ugh ; that asura child genius has stepped straight out of a lame George Lucas script.
    I like Taimi, Rox and even Braham. Marjory hasn't really been keeping up with the potential of the first cutscene and other dragonbash stuff. Kasmeer was good on Southsun, but then suddenly became more childish and weaker and now she's just whiney.
    Every time she opens her mouth, I see a little blond moppet fixing droids and pod-racers in the desert.
    My Asura made a magic 8-ball that opens portals to alternate timelines, Taimi has done nothing remarkable.
    And the way that Marjory and Kasmeer interact sounds like something from a teenage fanfic.
    I don't think I'd have an issue with them if the conversations were skippable or selectable, but they are just very badly fit to the environments where they take place (at least patch 1, not as bad in patch 2). We're standing amid the corpses of the zephyrites and they're having a playful conversation about some other topic...

But of course this is just, like, my opinion man. S2 seems to be generating huge amounts of applause and excitement in the fan communities, so they've obviously scored a direct bullseye on their target market.
    part 2 was good, part 1 I thought had issues with gameplay (double veterans with overlapping conditions can be tedious) and the aforementioned atmosphere problems. A friend of mine got very mad about part 1 and quit because she found it so horrible.

Dry Top is very well done I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea she does sometimes, but her tone has nothing on Zojaa's.
    Haha woops. I meant "It" as in Trahearne's voice. One mistyped letter can change so much! Eir's voice is fitting enough. Zojaa is totally condescending but its perfect for the character.

As much as I love the GW2 game, I really don't consider any of the story-telling to be top notch.

Even the latest Season 2 stuff that has launched this month, ugh ; that asura child genius has stepped straight out of a lame George Lucas script. Every time she opens her mouth, I see a little blond moppet fixing droids and pod-racers in the desert. And the way that Marjory and Kasmeer interact sounds like something from a teenage fanfic.

I disagree on Taimi (the Asura prodigy). Yes, she is a bit of a plot device, but I think the acting actually feels very natural and makes her part of the story more believable. The way she geeks out over some stuff (no spoilers), the way she says "Hey, watch it with the tail !" when going near Rox (the Charr Ranger), little things like that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Taimi, Rox and even Braham. Marjory hasn't really been keeping up with the potential of the first cutscene and other dragonbash stuff. Kasmeer was good on Southsun, but then suddenly became more childish and weaker and now she's just whiney.
    I missed all of Season 1 unfortunately, so my first introduction to these characters was on July 1st. And yea, I like Rox too. Mind you all of my own characters are either Charr or Norn, so I'm probably showing my bias there, ha.

part 2 was good, part 1 I thought had issues with gameplay (double veterans with overlapping conditions can be tedious) and the aforementioned atmosphere problems. A friend of mine got very mad about part 1 and quit because she found it so horrible.

Dry Top is very well done I think.
    I think I'm being overly critical of the story as a whole, just because I dislike some of the characters. If I put aside my distaste of Taimi, Marjory, etc, then yeah I'd likely enjoy it a lot more. The environments and activities they added in the content patches are certainly great, at least from the point of view of someone who is coming back to the game after a long absence.

I missed all of Season 1 unfortunately, so my first introduction to these characters was on July 1st. And yea, I like Rox too. Mind you all of my own characters are either Charr or Norn, so I'm probably showing my bias there, ha.
    See, I dislike Norn overall, but Braham has some decent characterization I think. I of course favor Asura, but I think Taimi does a good job of being smart and actually excited about her work, vs a lot of them (especially Zojja) being stuck up about how great they are when they haven't demonstrated anything special in the game.

I think I'm being overly critical of the story as a whole, just because I dislike some of the characters. If I put aside my distaste of Taimi, Marjory, etc, then yeah I'd likely enjoy it a lot more. The environments and activities they added in the content patches are certainly great, at least from the point of view of someone who is coming back to the game after a long absence.
    I play GW2 in a window. When they start having some stupid conversation that should be private anyway, I usually am browsing the forums or something.

I do think they've done very well with interactions between NPC's this time around. Just the writing needs to move away from fan-service into something more fitting for the occasion.

See, I dislike Norn overall, but Braham has some decent characterization I think. I of course favor Asura, but I think Taimi does a good job of being smart and actually excited about her work, vs a lot of them (especially Zojja) being stuck up about how great they are when they haven't demonstrated anything special in the game.
    The voice actress who does her does a great job. I can't help but smile a little bit when she gets all excited and starts squealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Haha woops. I meant "It" as in Trahearne's voice. One mistyped letter can change so much! Eir's voice is fitting enough. Zojaa is totally condescending but its perfect for the character.
    Ah, well that makes sense then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You can also check out the new Atlas which has videos, sound clips, and screenshot links on the world map: http://atlas.guildwars2.com/en/
    The link redirects me to the homepage now. Why, why?! D: