Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think the body is pretty good but I don't like the face.
    The biggest part I dislike it the nose. It's just not cow like and it isn't even the same as the old one!
    Cow noses go all the way down to the upper lip and cows do NOT have a splitted upper lip! At least that should be corrected.
    I also don't like the large lower lip and the old face was much slimmer. And the ears! A bit more detail like hair insede would be great and pointing up - right now they look like old leather rags.
    And the hole in the middle of their hump hair is kinda strange - so is their forehead hair.

I tried painting over the face to show what I would like my tauren to look
    here -> oi58.tinypic.com/24ozg3n.jpg
    I put the horns a bit small and up and the forehead hair didn't really work out for me but it really dosn't look good in the new model.
    I made a more cow like nose, smaller lips, chin and nose, worked a bit on the cheeks. Also I made the eyes smaller and the eyebrows as well. And I made the whole mouth smaller, the lips look more canine like than bovine like. (lower pictures)
    The last thing I changed were the ears. Pointing upwards and more detail.

I know everyone has a different taste but the part with the nose is just simple wrong. I hope they correct at least the splitted upper lip. Every thing else is not so important for me x)

My edit:

I've always felt the tauren should have eyebrows, so I added some.
    I elongated the eyelashes a bit.
    I elongated the snout.
    I changed the nose shape to better match a cows and the original tauren.
    I changed the nose color to include hints of pink, and brought the coloring down to the lips.

It's not perfect, but I feel like it achieves a more feminine look which is what I wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    My edit:

I've always felt the tauren should have eyebrows, so I added some.
    I think they already have eyebrows. They're the curvy lines that go under her fringe. Your model has two brows now.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I think they already have eyebrows. They're the curvy lines that go under her fringe. Your model has two brows now.
    Oh is that what that is? Welll its too high!lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    From what I understand, they do not have eyebrows currently.
    The line you see under the fringe is the shadow of where the brow ridge ends. Instead of giving them defined eyebrows, they gave them a meaty moveable ridge above the eyes (like they did with the male taurens)

It is better seen (the meaty ridge brow) in the secondary female tauren images:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...emTauren03.jpg

Able to best make out this ridge with the 'scowling' expression on top right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaruHanako View Post
    I think the body is pretty good but I don't like the face.
    The biggest part I dislike it the nose. It's just not cow like and it isn't even the same as the old one!
    Cow noses go all the way down to the upper lip and cows do NOT have a splitted upper lip! At least that should be corrected.
    I also don't like the large lower lip and the old face was much slimmer. And the ears! A bit more detail like hair insede would be great and pointing up - right now they look like old leather rags.
    And the hole in the middle of their hump hair is kinda strange - so is their forehead hair.

I tried painting over the face to show what I would like my tauren to look
    here -> oi58.tinypic.com/24ozg3n.jpg
    I put the horns a bit small and up and the forehead hair didn't really work out for me but it really dosn't look good in the new model.
    I made a more cow like nose, smaller lips, chin and nose, worked a bit on the cheeks. Also I made the eyes smaller and the eyebrows as well. And I made the whole mouth smaller, the lips look more canine like than bovine like. (lower pictures)
    The last thing I changed were the ears. Pointing upwards and more detail.

I know everyone has a different taste but the part with the nose is just simple wrong. I hope they correct at least the splitted upper lip. Every thing else is not so important for me x)
    Your avatar is perfect. That's how I think they should look like. Seriously I think the nose looks perfect, you did a good job.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-07-25 at 01:43 PM.

revision to my first edit:

fluffier eyelashes (like real cows)
    closed mouth
    bigger pupils

There's something in the face that don't convince me at all... but in general, I like the expressions.

Just from browsing this thread it looks like the majority who think this one is perfect are players who never played female taurens.

There's definitely something that is very off about that face and that goes for some of the other new models too, like the female dwarves.

I like your edit, Mermaid. The original face just looked off to me, and too similar somehow to the new male tauren. I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong, but your version looks much better. The biggest things that helped I think were the eyebrows, thicker eyelashes, and nose change. One thing that might make the nose look even better is to smooth out that ridge between her nose and upper lip. I really hope Blizzard takes our constructive criticism to heart on this. Female tauren are my favorite horde characters to play and I do like the upgrades that Blizz made to the model overall (the old one was a bit of a mess, but still had its charm).
    Last edited by Ailura; 2014-07-25 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    I like it. Sue me ;p

Yeah, the old Tauren Female was probably my least favorite of all time. That weird 'wrinkly nose', which looked all the worse by the obviously low res pixelation(almost looked like a graphics glitch in and of itself rather than a legitimate texture). Hell, if it wasn't for the horns, I would have almost mistaken the old one for a 'witch' or something. Finally she actually looks like a 'minotaur' with a bit of the art style melded in .

I have expected something more like this:
    I don't like much the nose in the Blizz model. I prefer they have that muzzle or similar

I did my own edit, by going more towards Blizzard's direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    still looks more like a monkey than a cow, same problems as the old model arms and posture makes them run and look like monkeys
    I dont think you've watched enough monkeys move then, because its not even close. If it was, Tauren running would be on all 4s with hands sweeping together from front to back and walking upight would be a very awkward side-to-side swaying waddle.

removed eyebrows:

k, im done revising now, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    I have expected something more like this:
    I don't like much the nose in the Blizz model. I prefer they have that muzzle or similar
    First image is nice. Obv tho the poly count is alot lower than what we're actually gonna get, so comparatively-speaking it still has that noticeable angular/blocky-look. However, it would've made for a nice model update a few years/couple xpacs into WoW's lifespan.

I admittedly don't like the second image edit; strays too far from the original, and seems designed to be too heavily focused on projecting femininity into the design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    removed eyebrows:

k, im done revising now, lol.
    Altho it looks nice enough, the nose/snout-shape you created reminds me more of a horse's nose tbh, as opposed to Blizz's version, which makes me think of a cow.
    I think maybe Blizz could've done with making the head a smidgen wider in general tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyra17 View Post
    I definitely can see what you're talking about. It wasn't my initial goal to 'prettify'. I actually like the models (minus low polygon counts) they have currently in game.
    The biggest issue I have currently is the nose. It is strange to me how it's sitting there and has a cat-like lip indention.
    As do I.

Minus the low poly counts, I prefer the design and shape of the old face as shown here in the bottom 3 circles: http://38.media.tumblr.com/d94ff3457...52lo2_1280.png

Deleted
    As much as I like the repaints I don't think they will get us pretty far. Blizzard will probably say that these are just the taste of a few people which is actually true since all of the repaints look very different.

I tried a different approach this time making only comparison between the old and new model. Since Blizzard said they want to stay as near to the old model as possible I think this is the way to make them rethink the new model

The nose:

The face

The lips

At last, the major complaint:

Let me know what you guy think.

Although I actually like the tapered nose I think if they want to stay true to the old model it should be more box like.

Looks great, but there's still the bad voice acting and horrible, "I belong on a short bus" laugh. Even though I like my pretty female toons, it was the voice, not the fact that it was a cow, that turned me off.