Page 34 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They need to change the nose back to a cow like nose. This is a sheep nose.

cow nose:

sheep nose:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-08-22 at 05:15 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post

OMG she looks so cute!! :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taranee View Post
    When they first released the art craft for tauren females I knew it; I am going to race change my panda to tauren.

Issue at hand with the current models seems to be that their nose is too far down and some fur colours seem too light. I tried to edit this a bit. Snuzzle, I used your char as a ref because you had a nice side-by-side comparison going on. Hope you don't mind

Obviously not perfect, but I feel like it shows a shorter nose or more upwards face posture might make some difference.
    I don't mind at all! That does look better, still not perfect, but it wouldn't be unplayable anymore. It no longer looks "goat like" but the eyes are still creepy as hell for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TaruHanako View Post
    I really don't like the open mouth in the idle, I don't understand why it even has to be open :/
    The whole head should face a bit more upwards and the nose is much smaller then the original one.
    Aye, I think the reason the mouth is open right now is it was open on the old model. The problem is, though, now we can see the weird shape of the mouth which is completely different than before, and the many many teeth (am I the only one who thinks she has too many teeth?) Which again, is starkly different from before as before she had no teeth at all.

I'm not saying get rid of the teeth. Just, you know, maybe don't have her standing there with her mouth gaping open all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by anemicshoe View Post
    This is the first of the edits I will be making (I will try and do one for each face) I am starting with face preset 3 or 'whiteface' because in my opinion it has the least issues.
    I am using this face to describe the fundamental issues of the head and not the face preset itself really.

Edits:
    ~ Closed the mouth, this is one of the most important edits. She looks much better idle with her lips closed. Animating a sigh or even once in a while with the breath out is fine but not all the time.
    ~ The chin, as I have said before needs to be dramatically reduced. Its too large in comparison to the old model
    ~ Moved the horns up the head slightly because the current ones jut out so painfully sideways, this is more consistent with the vanilla tauren
    ~ Removed the squint from the lower eyelid. It isn't necessary and she looks more focused for such a TINY TINY edit. Also whitened the eyes a touch
    ~ Brought the nose pigment down to the lip, defined where fur ends and nose-pad starts
    ~ Messed up her hair a bit, it seems a little too flat at the top (males have this issue also)
    ~ Minorly broadened the nose bridge to make it seem like her eyes look from around her muzzle rather than over it like a human
    ~ I think making the ears a little larger gives her a more cowish look

These are all fairly small tweaks in the large scheme of things.

Edits for spelling
    It's amazing, really, how much of a difference the nose and mouth make. Simply tweaking the nose pad and slightly altering muzzle shape, and closing the mouth takes her from "nightmare fuel" to "omg! adorable!"

In my opinion, anyway.

Sig by Isilrien

This is the first of the edits I will be making (I will try and do one for each face) I am starting with face preset 3 or 'whiteface' because in my opinion it has the least issues.
    I am using this face to describe the fundamental issues of the head and not the face preset itself really.

Edits:
    ~ Closed the mouth, this is one of the most important edits. She looks much better idle with her lips closed. Animating a sigh or even once in a while with the breath out is fine but not all the time.
    ~ The chin, as I have said before needs to be dramatically reduced. Its too large in comparison to the old model
    ~ Moved the horns up the head slightly because the current ones jut out so painfully sideways, this is more consistent with the vanilla tauren
    ~ Removed the squint from the lower eyelid. It isn't necessary and she looks more focused for such a TINY TINY edit. Also whitened the eyes a touch
    ~ Brought the nose pigment down to the lip, defined where fur ends and nose-pad starts
    ~ Messed up her hair a bit, it seems a little too flat at the top (males have this issue also)
    ~ Minorly broadened the nose bridge to make it seem like her eyes look from around her muzzle rather than over it like a human

Edits for spelling
    You fixed EVERYTHING I wanted. I would absolutely love to play your edit as my MAIN forever.

She went from a frumpy looking goat/bear/dog hybrid goofball to a kind, beautiful, wise looking tauren female.
    ITS PERFECT!

You fixed EVERYTHING I wanted. I would absolutely love to play your edit as my MAIN forever.

She went from a frumpy looking goat/bear/dog hybrid goofball to a kind, beautiful, wise looking tauren female.
    ITS PERFECT!
    Thanks a bunch show this edit around if you like, the more people who see the tweaks the better. Im going to try to get another face done before I head out to D&D xD I wish I wasn't so busy

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed a few people on beta saying they slimmed her down or "shrunk" her. I don't agree, I think her figure still looks great and she's still tall and imposing. Her figure simply feels smoother and less blocky. I wouldn't be opposed to beefing her up a bit, but I love her just the way she is now, too.

But Blizzard, we have to talk about eye colors, okay?

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I've noticed a few people on beta saying they slimmed her down or "shrunk" her. I don't agree, I think her figure still looks great and she's still tall and imposing. Her figure simply feels smoother and less blocky. I wouldn't be opposed to beefing her up a bit, but I love her just the way she is now, too.

But Blizzard, we have to talk about eye colors, okay?
    Yeah I don't agree that shes been slimmed at all, if anything her chest is wider than it was in the ribcage. The only features which seem shrunk are her facial ones. Makes her horns seem larger than they were too.

I'm curious if they changed the face with the purple eyes. When you went to the all white skin her eyes turned green. Can the white one's have puprple eyes now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarisus View Post
    I'm curious if they changed the face with the purple eyes. When you went to the all white skin her eyes turned green. Can the white one's have puprple eyes now?
    Good question! Let's find out!

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarisus View Post

It can^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Bigger screenshot. White tauren can now have purple eyes. Unfortunately, all the tauren females who picked this face and had blue eyes before will now have their eye color changed.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Bigger screenshot. White tauren can now have purple eyes. Unfortunately, all the tauren females who picked this face and had blue eyes before will now have their eye color changed.

I didn't think of that. I like it though but I'm sure others might be upset. I wonder if it was a bug they never fixed or if it was intentional. I also noticed whenever I see a screenshot of her in the barber shop her mouth is closed but it's open most of the other time. Someone with twitter should tell blizz she needs to keep her mouth closed, that's my biggest issue with her.

Thanks for the screenshots btw

Edits:

Edits for spelling
    Heres working on face preset 1 aka the artcraft reveal face.
    This one is similar enough to the above face (3) so I decided to tackle the profile issues regarding all of the above edits mentioned just at a different angle.

~ one further edit, her bottom lip is droopy like a bear which adds to the open mouth issues and makes her seem unfocused and dopey. Once again closing her mouth and bringing her lip in line with her top lip helps a lot.
    ~ her lips are also too exaggeratedly rubbery looking and sloped down in the corners. I think smoothing them out and emphasizing the front of the lip rather than the side looks best.

I wish I could play beta.

- - - Updated - - -

This one is similar enough to the above face (3) so I decided to tackle the profile issues regarding all of the above edits mentioned just at a different angle.

~ one further edit, her bottom lip is droopy like a bear which adds to the open mouth issues and makes her seem unfocused and dopey. Once again closing her mouth and bringing her lip in line with her top lip helps a lot.
    ~ her lips are also too exaggeratedly rubbery looking and sloped down in the corners. I think smoothing them out and emphasizing the front of the lip rather than the side looks best.
    Stunning edit! Flawless! It's like you're reading my mind hahahahaha.

Bear nose really got me...

The model as a whole seems fine, but they should do something about it.

It might just turn into another femworgen face thing, though. The model will be released like that, then it's never going to change because 'it's too late'. I hope I'm wrong.

can someone post all female tauren faces in the white skin for me if they have spare time?
    thankies

15+ Year Old Account
    Stunning edit! Flawless! It's like you're reading my mind hahahahaha.
    That's because, unlike the Blizzard artists, she's actually trying to keep the model as similar to the old as possible :P The Blizz artists seemed to think she needed this this and that fixed, whereas the actual design of the model was fine. It's just that the technical quality was bad. Adding a large chin, a weird nose, the cleft lip... those are things that the model doesn't need.

Sig by Isilrien

Apologies if my post is getting long with the quotes but I want them to all be on the same post when I finish the 4th one!

Snuzzle's face aka face preset 2 or 'warpaint face' is up now. I tried to keep the face unique looking while applying the model changed mentioned in the above edits. I would still consider the length of the muzzle a little too long but thats hard to edit with 3/4 views.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apologies if my post is getting long with the quotes but I want them to all be on the same post when I finish the 4th one!

Snuzzle's face aka face preset 2 or 'warpaint face' is up now. I tried to keep the face unique looking while applying the model changed mentioned in the above edits. I would still consider the length of the muzzle a little too long but thats hard to edit with 3/4 views.

She still looks a bit "harsher" than I imagined, but I could deal with it. She's not an evil goat anymore, and that's what really matters.

And she has her red eyes back!!

Sig by Isilrien