Page 30 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mx View Post
    Oh man yeah, I personally think there is a good chance they are in this build, and I honestly can't wait.
    Hype hype hype hype hype.

/bouncing in my chair in anticipation

Annnnd hype train is crashed. I repeat: hype train is crashed:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...475?page=5#100

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi folks, no updates but I wanted to check in and say hi. Maintenance is ongoing.

Build will contain a lot of fixes simply by virtue of being a much newer build. We don't really have easy to share changelogs of what each build brings in terms of bug fixes, there have been several thousand small changes over the past weeks so it's all but impossible to bring you all that data.

No new character models in this build, sorry!

I'll see what I can find about that. I know we've made a lot of recent progress on the character copy issues, which I'll try to put together in a singular post somewhere.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2014-08-04 at 10:30 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Hype hype hype hype hype.

/bouncing in my chair in anticipation

Annnnd hype train is crashed. I repeat: hype train is crashed:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...475?page=5#100

Hi folks, no updates but I wanted to check in and say hi. Maintenance is ongoing.

Build will contain a lot of fixes simply by virtue of being a much newer build. We don't really have easy to share changelogs of what each build brings in terms of bug fixes, there have been several thousand small changes over the past weeks so it's all but impossible to bring you all that data.

No new character models in this build, sorry!

I'll see what I can find about that. I know we've made a lot of recent progress on the character copy issues, which I'll try to put together in a singular post somewhere.
    Welp, that's that lol. Another week! :3
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mx View Post
    Welp, that's that lol. Another week! :3
    That was fast, but at least I can go do other things and not have to sit waiting eagerly for beta now. No new models? I don't care too much.

Sig by Isilrien

That was fast, but at least I can go do other things and not have to sit waiting eagerly for beta now. No new models? I don't care too much.
    looks like orc ladies got some re-done faces added in!

Sorry if this is considered thread necroing but I wanna hear what snuzz has to say now that femtauren have hit the beta~!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that's a good looking burger!

Seriously though, they actually look playable now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You know, honestly, tauren really got the best out of these updates. They actually gained expression and facial animation as well as better skin texture then any other race so far.
    Yeah, you know, thinking about it now I definitely agree.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Now that's a good looking burger!

Seriously though, they actually look playable now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you know, thinking about it now I definitely agree.
    They were already very playable & preferable to most races. Yanno for those of us who love them and main them.

Now they just need to give us Tauren Rogues.

Come on Blizzard, you know you want to...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anemicshoe View Post
    Sorry if this is considered thread necroing but I wanna hear what snuzz has to say now that femtauren have hit the beta~!
    Actually I was hoping you were still around! I wanted to hear your thoughts, as well as see if you had any edits you could do on the four faces now that they're in beta. I forget if you're in beta or not, but if not, I'll happily supply screenies.

The good:
    Her body looks great, spot on, perfect. From her hooves to her neck, she looks just like the cow I've played and loved for ten years. Faces one and three have a cute roundness to them that makes them look friendly, warm, and is very tauren. I love her dance (did I say love it?) The expression says "Yeah, I got the mooooves, you're jealous, I know!" Most of her facial animations are very tame and toned down compared to the males, which is great. Tauren aren't flappy and goofy, they're deliberate. I hope they tune the males' expressions down to the level of the females'. Casting animations are a little loose and overdone, but overall not a terrible change.

The bad:
    The noses are still very teddy-like on faces one and three. On the other hand, the noses and more gaunt facial structure of faces two and four makes them look like goats. The cleft lip isn't as bad as I thought it would be on face three, but on the other faces it looks awful. Face four seems to have a mouth that's perpetually gapped open, which looks bad. Overall, they just really messed up with the face which sucks because that's where the majority of our connection to our character comes from. Her eyes are set a bit too far forward, which makes them look humanlike and creepy. Spacing them out a bit more to the side of her head will improve her appearance a lot.

The WTF:
    The jump animation looks like a rag doll being drawn up by its arm. The war stripes on the side of my face seem like they're lit from within and I'm fairly sure they're not. The teeth look kind of creepy, almost like there are too many teeth for her mouth, although that may just be because I am used to playing a toothless muppet mouth. The talk animation is completely different, not even the same at all, what the hell?

Overall.
    It seems to me female tauren were an exercise in how much Blizzard could change. Likely this is because she was so unpopular before, they probably thought it would be a good thing to tweak here and there. I implore them to reconsider.

While she is, on the whole, still the clumsy and slightly dorky force to be reckoned with that I fell in love with ten years ago, the changes to the face are simply too much. I do not want a gaunt goat face. I want the rounded face shape like face three, but without the dog nose.

I've heard from my friends that she looks like "an evil goat," "that female gremlin from The New Batch in cow form," and quite simply "nightmare fuel".

Snuzzle in beta, with the new model and the old. That is emphatically not my character, and I cannot understand how so much got lost in translation.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like if they would just take the nose pattern of color from the white skin and apply it to the other skins, they would have a good thing going. She's got a more cowlike nose.

Sig by Isilrien

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree that your character looks very different. Mostly in the eye region. That said, my hunter uses the same face and I actually like the updated version more even though it does change the look of my character so I'm not terribly upset about it.

Edit for your edit: Oh my, the white face there is adorable.

oh god this is worse than I thought it would be by far. I am honestly quite distressed over this. Can you please get me a screenshot of all 4 faces (preferably in neutral grey) looking forward and a side view comparison too? for editing purposes. I don't have beta access though I did sign up.

Looking at your character I am just stunned, there is so much change for change's sake it feels like a hoof to the face for those of us who actually like how our tauren look and have played them forever. Its like they just wanted to make them different to appeal to those who didn't like them in the first place which is such BS.

which face preset is the 'whiteface'? Why does she look so much better idilly in the barbershop... I think a lot of it has to do with her mouth being shut.

Unless she is emoting/idle sighing I think they should keep her mouth shut like that. Shes got big girl nostrils, dosn't need to be gaping all the time like that.

Your tauren's nostrils curve the wrong way giving her nose that pinched goat look along with the emphasized cheek bones giving her a gaunter texture. She really does look like a goat with that cleft lip and lack of nose pad area.
    The whole things throws into light just how much her head features almost seem shrunk in comparison. Why did they make the ears smaller? They were already too small! The snout is at the wrong angle pointing down and dosn't sit between her eyes giving her that odd forward vision, human eyes with beast muzzle look. Totally uncanny valley.

THE HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE CHIN. HUGE. It is three times the size of the originals. How could they even consider that?!

15+ Year Old Account
    White face there is face 3, white fur (last skin). The other two black faces in that screenshot are also face 3 if you can believe it. I wonder if they were intentionally trying to make more face differentiation from the pelt colors since we have so few faces, you know? So face 3 will look very different depending on whether you have spots or not, and different still if you pick the white fur.

Here's Snuzzle's new model from front, 3/4, and side while I get you the other screenies. Snuzzle is face 2. I'll try to take them in better lighting, not against such a busy background.

Sig by Isilrien

This is why people are saying that face preset looks so goaty. That narrow nose and permateeth (female worgen time anyone?)

I love the new tauren model. The spot under the nose just needs to be the same colour as the nose at least, to make it blend in, the mouth needs to not be open all the time, and jump needs to be fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anemicshoe View Post
    This is why people are saying that face preset looks so goaty. That narrow nose and permateeth (female worgen time anyone?)
    I'm sorry, I see a fantasy race that look more bovine-like than goat-like.

(Bovine-like does not mean Tauren are 100% cows/bulls in looks. Take it with a grain of salt. And they are nowhere near as BAD as worgen females. Do not compare beautiful ripe oranges to rotten carcasses.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    I'm sorry, I see a fantasy race that look more bovine-like than goat-like.

(Bovine-like does not mean Tauren are 100% cows/bulls in looks. Take it with a grain of salt. And they are nowhere near as BAD as worgen females. Do not compare beautiful ripe oranges to rotten carcasses.)
    Well, that's true, but they used to have a 100% bovine nose. So changing it to more goatlike and bearlike is not cool.

Sig by Isilrien

Well, that's true, but they used to have a 100% bovine nose. So changing it to more goatlike and bearlike is not cool.

Agreed. They're probably working on that, though. A lot of people have expressed similar sentiments.

White face there is face 3, white fur (last skin). The other two black faces in that screenshot are also face 3 if you can believe it. I wonder if they were intentionally trying to make more face differentiation from the pelt colors since we have so few faces, you know? So face 3 will look very different depending on whether you have spots or not, and different still if you pick the white fur.

Here's Snuzzle's new model from front, 3/4, and side while I get you the other screenies. Snuzzle is face 2. I'll try to take them in better lighting, not against such a busy background.
    Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Femtaur got worgen'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Agreed. They're probably working on that, though. A lot of people have expressed similar sentiments.
    I see that now. It seems like previously I was pretty much the only one on team dog nose. Now a lot of female tauren are expressing similar statements on the forums. I'm really, really relieved.

Sig by Isilrien

She looks more like a horse than a cow.