Rift #10 Game in 2013 Revenue Worldwide

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wow.../1100-6421191/

Pretty interesting. Not sure where they got the numbers since I thought Trion did not release numbers of this sort though. Pretty interesting to see how well some of these games are doing though. Even though it says it's subscription games I am pretty sure some of these are F2P and were in 2013. It also shows the slow decline of Subscription Revenue and increase in Micro-Transaction Revenue, Market Wide. Pretty interesting to see the hard numbers on what many of us here have been saying, F2P with micro-transactions is the future of MMORPG and other online gaming.

the problem with SuperData (which is where they got the numbers from) is that they don't tell you their methodology and where they got the numbers unless you pay and subscribe to them

it makes it all very dubious.

With that said, glad to see Rift doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the problem with SuperData (which is where they got the numbers from) is that they don't tell you their methodology and where they got the numbers unless you pay and subscribe to them

it makes it all very dubious.

With that said, glad to see Rift doing well.
    I kinda figured it would be something like that, but it does still show some interesting trends, as many of those games do release numbers so it should be at least semi/close to realistic. At least on the decline in sub and increase in micro-transaction revenue. To me that is the more interesting part, though as you said, nice to see Rift is doing pretty well there. I would venture to guess they are probably doing at least a little better than that though, hard to tell without knowing the methodology though.

Id like to see a second graph of micro transaction income vs Subscription income.

Not the overall, but which game makes what on microtransactions based on the market share.