AMD Radeon Performance Ram worth it?

I built my girlfriend a new budget computer and it's pretty much full AMD..

CPU - AMD Eight Core FX-8150 3.6
    GPU- Radeon R9 270 2g DDR5
    MOBO - Gigabyte 990FXa-UD3 AMD 990FX
    Case- CoolMaster HAF 914
    Power Supply - LSP Ultra 750W

Now the computer works fine, and runs the games I want fine, but I have been using my friends ram to test this stuff out which is Cosair Vengeance ram

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...-144-_-Product

I was about to order the same stuff we have been testing with since it's been working really well.. but reading reviews people have been saying if you have full AMD, their performance ram is actually really solid.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820403006

Anyone have any suggestions what ram is compatible with my system and will run at great performance ? Budget for ram is around 90-120$ And I'm only looking for 8 gigs.

Deleted
    It really doesn't matter what brand you get as far as ram is concerned, its all the same. What makes difference between kits is Mhz and cas. So say you got 2 kits of 2x4gb @ 1866Mhz. One tho is cas9 and the other cas10. The cas9 is faster. But to be honest you won't notice any difference in gaming.

So get the cheapest you can get at xMHz and if the price between 2 kits as i said is pretty much the same get the one with lower cas.

(it would make a difference if you weren't using a dedicated gpu and had intergrated cpu one)
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-07-24 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    No, don't pay for the overpriced branding.

Get this instead. So much cheaper and equally good.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post

I second this. Though I do like the Sniper Series from G.Skill too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post

I didn't expect you to suggest inferior CL10 D:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-...14900cl9d8gbxl this beats anything else, discount ends on 28th for 9$.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    It also has gigantic wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-...14900cl9d8gbxl this beats anything else, discount ends on 28th for 9$.
    Difference between CL9/10 is pretty much nonexistant outside benchmarks and the 2133Mhz kit is cheaper anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It also has gigantic wings.
    You can always pop them off or just think of it as reminding you that you need to get some red bull.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post

You missed something, its an amd board, doesn't support more than 2000Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    You can always pop them off or just think of it as reminding you that you need to get some red bull.
    Everyone needs redbull wings! and I don't like em. >.>
    I've never tried to pop one of those off, /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Everyone needs redbull wings! and I don't like em. >.>
    I've never tried to pop one of those off, /shrug.
    Apparently it's as easy as getting a small screwdriver and putting it in-between the fins and slowly prying them apart and they'll end up coming off, at least if they are glued on like most are and not held on a bit more.....permanently.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    You missed something, its an amd board, doesn't support more than 2000Mhz
    That RAM is 1866? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Difference between CL9/10 is pretty much nonexistant outside benchmarks and the 2133Mhz kit is cheaper anyways
    Yea with 1.6-1.65 volts :P
    PM me weird stuff :3

I guess I'll be the one to ask. Why did you buy a 3 year old processor for a new build? Are you still within the return policy? Even something like a $100 i3 will net you 100% gains in gaming over an 8150.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    What the hell i would swore it linked me 2133 last night!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I guess I'll be the one to ask. Why did you buy a 3 year old processor for a new build? Are you still within the return policy? Even something like a $100 i3 will net you 100% gains in gaming over an 8150.
    An i3 wouldn't give you a 100% gain. It would realistically give you a 20-25% gain in heavily IPC dependent titles like WOW. The 4690k/4790k would give you a good 50% increase over the 8150 in those titles.

In newer games like Crysis 3 that can use a lot of threads and are more GPU bound, the 8150/8350 will run pretty close to the i5/i7 (and be pretty far ahead of the i3).

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I was on a pretty tight budget for her computer since shes in school and shouldn't be buying stuff like this. And when I went to tiger direct in person they sold me...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819106011

They sold me this package for 99$, I figured it was a solid deal since the liquid cooling is pretty good quality. and the reviews for the cpu were more then worth 100$ Plus in the future we can always upgrade the CPU and now I have liquid cooling.

She only plays WoW / D3 / Sims etc.. and shes pretty content with high settings and not ultra Even though it got decent fps in a 25 man when we tested it. ( Currently gets 2-8 fps on a laptop ) Heroic raiding is not cut out for that.

Also thanks for all the info guys, I ended up getting Corsair Vengeance since I could pick it up for 1 day shipping FREE for 89$ and it had insane reviews.

$89 for 1866mhz memory? Yeesh. Just be careful with those fins, they can be dangerous to your squishy fingertips

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    It really doesn't matter what brand you get as far as ram is concerned, its all the same. What makes difference between kits is Mhz and cas. So say you got 2 kits of 2x4gb @ 1866Mhz. One tho is cas9 and the other cas10. The cas9 is faster. But to be honest you won't notice any difference in gaming.

So get the cheapest you can get at xMHz and if the price between 2 kits as i said is pretty much the same get the one with lower cas.

(it would make a difference if you weren't using a dedicated gpu and had intergrated cpu one)
    Volt can be important I believe.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose