Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Retribution Paladins] Where do we stand in Draenor

I read the updates thus far for Paladins for the upcoming expansion in WoD - which can be found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...amp-Discussion

I will admit that I dont know how or what these changes mean specifically for Ret Paladins in the PvP and arena stages. I read somethings that make me feel shocked like not having Guardians of the Kings anymore or that Art of war is not embedded into Exorcism. Or that now mastery is our big secondary stat.

I know its still Beta, chances could come.

I would like to know where Retadins stand at the current moment as PvP and Arena usage.

thank you in advance!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Generally, we stand behind the boss.

Heh, couldn't resist, sorry. Seriously, though, in beta Ret is the strongest it's been in PvP in ages, with good damage output and utility. With the Empowered Seals talent you're almost invincible, and alternately with Holy Avenger + Final Verdict you have the burst output of a warrior or a destro lock spamming Chaos Bolt. Off-healing is greatly improved with the removal of Battle Fatigue.

PvE-wise, single-target damage ranges from good (Emp Seals) to excellent (FV), but AoE is absolute garbage; as usual nothing was done for AoE to make up for the loss of the tier-16 set bonus. HotR and DS hit like wet capellini, and the latter can only be spammed with a cooldown or a very lucky DP streak.

TLDR: All of this will be nerfed before release. TO THE GROUND, BABY!

you have no idea how happy this makes me to read this!
    It also makes me very sad and nervous that ret could (and probably might) get nerfed before release : /

I really dont care too much about aoe damage I mean I don't even have DS on my action bar these days. Once I saw the Empowered Seals talent I made a noise I thought I could never make.

Battle fatgiue removed? New to me! Didnt read that key bit o information. Thank you very much!

Side note - which combos do you see being used more effectively (not necessarily the most regularly used ones), rather would you come across the 'invincible' build or the 'warrior-esuq bursty' build in pvp/arena.

Thank you for your response. I am pleased. yes. nais.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    With the latest beta build, Final Verdict goes from best single-target-damage talent to best raiding talent, period. AoE damage won't so bad now. Not when you can cleave for more damage than a stock Templar's Verdict.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...until it's massively nerfed in the next build.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still too early to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    TLDR: All of this will be nerfed before release. TO THE GROUND, BABY!
    Truer words have never been spoken

Ret doesn't get to have nice things for long. It makes warlocks and mages jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken

Ret doesn't get to have nice things for long. It makes warlocks and mages jealous.
    Leaning towards this. keep your anus puckered until WoD is live and has been live for a month. Then release your bowels and drop your party pants.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    ...Then release your bowels and drop your party pants.
    Too late

/10char
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

In PVE our damage is fine but our utility could be better. Rotation is a bit boring without Inquisition or any meaningful procs to watch.

In PVP we still have low CC and no gap closer but we have good mobility and our healing is potent again for the first time since Cataclysm.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have the feeling that the scaling is lower now that Inq as a mechanic is gone. Individual abilities tuning can not make up for this.

Since Inquisition didn't effect all of our abilities, we should be able to scale better

10+ Year Old Account
    Come back a week or two before or after WoD is released, then we'll have a better idea of how Rets doing. Honestly nearly every expansions beta testing has always shown Ret to do really well, and then suddenly nerfs. They usually come out when Beta testing is done.

I defiantly WONT be lvling my paladin.

Every expansion its the same thing that happens.

1) Ret starts off in pretty good shape. Questing and lvling are smooth.
    2) Ret starts getting some gear at max lvl and getting a bit stronger with stat upgrades.
    3) Ret starts dueling morons out front of their various capital cities and smoking them.
    4) Morons cry straight to the forums and complain ret is OP.
    5) Ret is nerfed harshly
    6) Ret remains nerfed the remainder of the expansion.

Ill be lvling My Mage or warrior. 2 classes that have NEVER been at the bottom of the barrel. Even after nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    I defiantly WONT be lvling my paladin.

Every expansion its the same thing that happens.

1) Ret starts off in pretty good shape. Questing and lvling are smooth.
    2) Ret starts getting some gear at max lvl and getting a bit stronger with stat upgrades.
    3) Ret starts dueling morons out front of their various capital cities and smoking them.
    4) Morons cry straight to the forums and complain ret is OP.
    5) Ret is nerfed harshly
    6) Ret remains nerfed the remainder of the expansion.

Ill be lvling My Mage or warrior. 2 classes that have NEVER been at the bottom of the barrel. Even after nerfs.
    You might be right about mages, but warriors have almost ALWAYS been a shitty class in the start of an expansion just because of the insane dependency on gear.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    You might be right about mages, but warriors have almost ALWAYS been a shitty class in the start of an expansion just because of the insane dependency on gear.
    This why I usually dust of my Warrior near the end of expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we stand for the light, right brothers?

Couldn't resist too, @Kaeth ;P

Looks like we'll become a solid Cleave machine with a decent gameplay complexity. But we'll know after the early number passes on damage/healing/etc.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, we've now entered the awkward phase of getting most of what we wanted and hoping it isn't all nerfed before release. I'm even done complaining about how crappy our talent options still are (because there's still at least one REALLY good one in each row, even if there's not much "choice").

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, we've now entered the awkward phase of getting most of what we wanted and hoping it isn't all nerfed before release. I'm even done complaining about how crappy our talent options still are (because there's still at least one REALLY good one in each row, even if there's not much "choice").
    Agreed with the exception of no scalable raid utility Retribution Aura'like and EmpSeals Insight should heal for 2%.

But we know it's just a matter of numbers now. Fix insight, don't nerf damage/healing more than enough to make it right and we're golden.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

PvE-wise, single-target damage ranges from good (Emp Seals) to excellent (FV), but AoE is absolute garbage; as usual nothing was done for AoE to make up for the loss of the tier-16 set bonus. HotR and DS hit like wet capellini, and the latter can only be spammed with a cooldown or a very lucky DP streak.
    Check the perks we get from 91-99 we still have the t16 bonus
    wod.wowhead.com/spell=174718