Poll: Do you prefer tiered raids or 4 raid difficulties?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you prefer tiered raids or 4 raid difficulties

If you got to choose the raid make up , tiered ( 4 different raids, each one harder than the next) or split as difficulty levels ( 1 raid, 4 levels of difficulty), which do you choose?

More content versus some not being able to see all the content.

(turning this into poll shortly)
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    1 raid. I'd prefer they create a stellar, polished raid than rush 4 of them through in the same amount of time.

Considering I'd end up doing only one of those raids, and the development time would be wasted for me, gonna go with 1.

How often do people really run Flex, or ToT if they've cleared heroic? Gonna go with a "almost never" for most people.

4 raids easily - I hate running the same raid week after week after week...

How would splitting up a few huge raids into smaller raids, removing the difficulty options=more content? All you're doing is splitting things up.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a player that raided heavily to burning crusade, a mix of both your options is best. Personally, I had no problem seeing all the content because I was in a top raiding guild on the server as their off tank. That being said I still feel no one should be locked out of content that they are paying for and just may not have the same time to commit.

Yes I know that we can't "dumb-down" the content to raid with the style of the weakest link. But at the same time "casuals" need to also know that they wont see the same rewards as mythic players. I don't go around thinking I should get pvp gear in the mail for beating a heroic pve boss.

I'd much rather prefer the older-style of tiered raids.

Having to run the same raid on multiple difficulties really ruins *it* for me and burns me out way faster than I would having to raid 4 separate raids.

I'd prefer the 4 raids option as opposed to 4 difficulties, but so many WoW players are total carebears these days they'd flip out and cry if they couldn't LFR or Flex their way to the end boss of a tier.

I never killed Illidan, Kael, Vashj or Kil'Jaeden pre-nerfs back then and I never felt like I'd been short-changed by Blizzard.

I rather like that there would be something a head of me to do. I believe the mystique is sucked out of the game with 4 levels of difficulty and one raid. I think it is great that some things are out of reach for me but there if I choose to take the next step. In game as in life, there should be things within our grasp and things just outside.

Well that would leave some of the content ( maybe) out of my reach (maybe). Maybe not. I think an online world should represent some realistic goals and spark some hard to reach ones. I might not get to see some content, thats fine, it would be stellar for it to be there waiting if I choose to go there. I am not deluded to think I should have it all....but it is nice to just have the chance..waiting...not a sure thing. That spark would engage ...or maybe not...but the challenge is there...waiting.

Doing the same raid on multiple difficulties offers a certain level of hell. Burn out happens quickly with that, for me. I would rather appreciate the diversity of different raids than the sureness of content.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

I liked the TBC model. I started playing in vanilla but never saw anything past UBRS and I was fine with that. In TBC I wanted to raid and was able to get into a guild that was able to defeat Kara/Mag/Gruul then SSC/TK, and then we defeated Hyjal/BT. We got into sunwell but you really needed to have shamans (hero was important and back then only the group that shaman was in recieved Hero, not the whole raid).
    We were also able to go into ZA and get the Amani warbear every week.

We also had to take up leather working to get the haste drums...the problem was it was late summer and we had issues recruiting. Once the nerf went through we blew right through sunwell and even then only 5% of raiding guilds managed to do that...hell in the beginning of wrath lvl80 pugs were going into sunwell and still wiping despite the lvl difference and the huge nerf.

I still never blamed blizzard. Today having all these different difficulties kind of takes away from raiding but I can live with it as it is how raiding is going to be from now on. It just makes killing a boss on normal/heroic less rewarding because you have already killed him in LFR/Flex.

Kaelthas, Vashj, and Illidan are still my favorite fights. I didn't like archimonde.

Deleted
    What about 4 raids with 4 difficulties?

That would solve all the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Having to run the same raid on multiple difficulties really ruins *it* for me and burns me out way faster than I would having to raid 4 separate raids.
    If all difficulties dropped the same loot you wouldn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    What about 4 raids with 4 difficulties?

That would solve all the problems.
    They are hard pressed to do tiered when it was tiered and on the other side, it takes just as long to tune 4 raid difficulties it seems. Guess we need to be realistic. Since your choice is not on the table, have a preference?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    What would be the purpose of the different difficulties then? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Communism may work in theory but always fails in practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Communism may work in theory but always fails in practice.
    I think it could work great in computer games. As there are no real physical needs and no real resources you need to limit.

I would like the D3 loot system in WoW.

Any mob would give the chance to drop legendary. While the harder mobs would drop more and slightly better items.

Translated to WoW that would mean that every content had the same drop quality on different chances.

If you kill a gulp frog on timeless isle, you had a 0,0002% chance to drop a heroic warforged item, for example.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-07-25 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I'd prefer the 4 raids option as opposed to 4 difficulties, but so many WoW players are total carebears these days they'd flip out and cry if they couldn't LFR or Flex their way to the end boss of a tier.

I never killed Illidan, Kael, Vashj or Kil'Jaeden pre-nerfs back then and I never felt like I'd been short-changed by Blizzard.
    Thing is, Blizzard felt short-changed by you.

They made all that nice content (not to mention spending all the money making it) and you *never* played it.
    I think they finally fed up with that and decided 'fuck it, no one is interested in this shit, let's just make one and let them grind it till their fingers bleed'

It's Blizzard who doesn't want to spend money for nothing. We didn't want to play them, so they stopped making them, I think they heard our opinions loud and clear.

Four separate raids is never going to happen because it would require four times the amount of time (or people) to develop those.

Also it seems like people with nostalgia goggles up their arse already forgot what happened last time Blizz launched separate raid (Zul'aman). The vocal minority whined up and down in all possible forums because the content wasnt aimed at them specifically (the 1337 hardcore raiders who had already Black Temple on farm) but for the unwashed masses of 10man guilds. Hundreds of pages of crying because there was no "real" content for 25man raiders during the 11 month content break. Does the people who voted for four separate raids really want that back?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    What would be the purpose of the different difficulties then? Am I missing something?
    Better drop rates, faster loot gain in general.

For someone who only does LFR it would take about two months to get the same amount of loot as someone who does heroic gets in a week. And mythic would be a different animal on separate lockout. LFR, normal and heroic would be on the same lockout.
    Last edited by Dilbon; 2014-07-25 at 09:08 PM.