Poll: Should there be paid Class Changes in WoW?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelofthesea View Post
    I would do it just so I could get the unobtainable Scholomance gear from my rogue to my monk.
    I would rather they just find a way to reintroduce content that was otherwise cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Why care if it's not your money ?
    Principles, you'll have them some day
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Principles, you'll have them some day
    Hopefully, although it seems like a super power in today's world.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    Hopefully, although it seems like a super power in today's world.
    people who pay to skip the game... will constantly, and continually baffle me. Because, most of the time, it's casuals. I mean, I don't get spending money on candy crush or clash of clans either.. but hey
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I would rather they just find a way to reintroduce content that was otherwise cut.
    I agree. I'd love to see some stuff like that return. At least I got the Deathbone set on the majority of my plate wearers!

In the past I was against it but Blizzard will likely try to implement pretty much anything as an 'optional' paid service and so at this point I'd say that although I'd have reservations I'd reluctantly accept such a feature. If only because it'd allow me to change my warlock into something I enjoy playing whilst also keeping all the achievements and exclusive items that I earned during the years that I played him.

Maintaining achievements doesn't sound like enough justification to add a redundant service. Just buy a 90 and be done with it.

Also, if you're looking to switch your mains class, you're not as attached to it as you think you are.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    To those asking why would you do it, if you already have the boosting service:

GEAR.

There are a lot of people who are very casual raiders who I think would pay for this. Anyone in a strong guild/raid team wouldn't have an issue gearing up alts, but those who lack that support probably would like to skip some of the PITA that geraing can be.

Also legendary quest line... I don't know if I would have paid to skip it on an alt, but when I main swapped at one point... I would have given it some consideration after week getting the bare min on runestones I think it was 3 weeks running, and having to put in a ticket for the one off Sha in SoO, on two of those weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    people who pay to skip the game... will constantly, and continually baffle me. Because, most of the time, it's casuals. I mean, I don't get spending money on candy crush or clash of clans either.. but hey
    The worst part is honestly Blizzard even offering the boost. They're essentially just saying "Yeah, levelling sucks, pay us to skip it". They should just make it not take as long as it currently does, especially the last few levels are a pain in terms of how long they take.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    To those asking why would you do it, if you already have the boosting service:

GEAR.

There are a lot of people who are very casual raiders who I think would pay for this. Anyone in a strong guild/raid team wouldn't have an issue gearing up alts, but those who lack that support probably would like to skip some of the PITA that geraing can be.

Also legendary quest line... I don't know if I would have paid to skip it on an alt, but when I main swapped at one point... I would have given it some consideration after week getting the bare min on runestones I think it was 3 weeks running, and having to put in a ticket for the one off Sha in SoO, on two of those weeks.
    So I change my Warrior to a Pally. Great. Lookit all this str gear on my Pally!!

I'm guessing you'll come back with the idea of having all gear in your possession transform into appropriate gear for your new class.

The amount of coding and prep required to do this, plus the sheer amount of possible variations in all the different types of gear in game, is staggering.

How bout.... you guys boost a 90 and get new gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    I once thought it would be a good idea but now, I find it to be a no as time goes. Don't wish to switch about for such, levelling already too easy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Unless the class change comes with a service to convert all your gear, what would be the point?

It's simpler to just level another character.

Deleted
    No, I do not see the point in that now that there is paid character boost.

Deleted
    First of all, as a few others have pointed out as well, boosting to 90 and changing class isn't necessarily the same thing once you scrape beneath the surface. One service's emphasis is to let you skip levelling and jump right into the action, while the other lets you keep your main as your main, with everything that entails (ownership, pride, gear, achievements, name, etc.). The benefit of a paid character boost is that you'll have two characters instead of one, with the drawback that the new one is a tabula rasa, while the benefit of the class change is that you'll get to keep your already built-up seasoned character as a new class, with the drawback that you do not get a second character and everything that entails (professions, etc.).

See? Two clearly distinct services for two very different purposes.

Personally, I have no interest in buying (boosting) a new character of a different class and decking it out. The amount of 'work' (e.g. playtime) involved just getting it up to speed with my older character does not appeal to me. I do have a few alts for professions, but that's about it. I would never go through the legendary quest twice, or forge two Sulfuras hammers, for instance.

I do, however, get the occasional urge to experience the game from another perspective; armed with new spells and abilities, and a different way of playing. At some point, I might fall completely out of love with the dps paladin, and instead wish to play as a warrior tank.

The two options I have is to hope Blizzard makes everything account-bound eventually, or to pay for some sort of class change. Considering they already have support for more or less everything the class change would entail (including replacing gear), I don't see why it's a problem.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2014-07-24 at 10:45 PM.