Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Superpowers, if you could choose one what would it be?

Lets suppose you could have irl a superpower. However the rule stands it can only be 1.

this means you can't have multiple powers like certain superheroes do, seen as how they have additional powers to protect them from the rigors of said super powers.

Infact lets make a game of it. I'll think of a power to have, say why i think it would be great to have, and the next person writes a reason why that power would suck and the problems it would cause, then for them to suggest a power they'd like and why it be great and so on.

Starting off..

Power of regeneration, able to heal from any wound or disease and remain healthy because of it.

This would be great because I'd never have to worry about ever getting sick, could heal from any injury so able to push myself harder, and in general would live a long healthy life.
    #boycottchina

Immortality. That means unaging and no bad health effects. (That shit counts as one.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Immortality. That means unaging and no bad health effects. (That shit counts as one.)
    You would see everyone you know, love or befriend grow old and die while you still carry on. Also if you got buried in a landslide you'd be trapped forever, and couldn't die from suffocation because your immortal.

-

Control of plants, I'd be able to warp and manipulate plants to grow anywhere and to any height or speed.
    #boycottchina

Man, immortality would blow. Imagine reaching the end of the world, and then just floating around through space endlessly, even past the point of anything existing but you, trapped with only your thoughts and no other stimuli to keep you sane. You'd relive every bad decision, every loved one's death, everything, and never have an end to look forward to. That's a curse more than a gift.

As for my personal choice: general telepathy/mind control. Either being able to read people's thoughts at my own discretion or even influence them would make me nigh unstoppable if used properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Control of plants, I'd be able to warp and manipulate plants to grow anywhere and to any height or speed.
    The downside to that is you repeatedly get cast in movies with George Clooney and Chris O'Donnell.

Deleted
    A cool power would be to become all knowing. To know everything aboout everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    As for my personal choice: general telepathy/mind control. Either being able to read people's thoughts at my own discretion or even influence them would make me nigh unstoppable if used properly.
    You would be able to hear all the negative thoughts people have about you as well. Plus with violent thoughts it might be difficult to distinguish the serious ones from someone saying "man I swear I'm gonna kill that guy if he makes that joke again" or similar stuff. Also if people discovered your power they'd most likely never trust you ever again.

I'd go for the ability to turn invisible at will. You could do all manner of stealthy stuff for good or for evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    You would be able to hear all the negative thoughts people have about you as well. Plus with violent thoughts it might be difficult to distinguish the serious ones from someone saying "man I swear I'm gonna kill that guy if he makes that joke again" or similar stuff. Also if people discovered your power they'd most likely never trust you ever again.

I'd go for the ability to turn invisible at will. You could do all manner of stealthy stuff for good or for evil.
    Until it rains. On topic, the Sentrys ability to manipulate matter. No power ever depicted even comes close to that.

Deleted
    Mind control. Think of all the... fun things one can do with that

electrokinesis.
    aka the ability to control and manipulate electricity.

doesn't matter how strong you are, if your heart can't beat and your neurons can't fire.

essentially be Magneto. "op, did that bank safe that used to be here suddenly burst through the roof?"

/me cackling in the distance

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reality manipulation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Psychokinesis (aka telekinesis)

superspeed so long as i don't suffer the bad effects of friction and relativity

Instant Genetic manipulation would seem cool. Would be able to do most things. Make your body constantly repair itself, so no aging and the like.

Reality manipulation or GTFO. Why you would pick any other power when you can probably just do everything under the sun with RM is beyond me. If we cant pick this godly power...telekinesis for offense and flight. If my power doesnt involve me flying, I dont want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    Reality manipulation.
    Beat me to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Psychokinesis (aka telekinesis)
    Honestly, can't think of anything that would suit me better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Unagging. At 21 I'd be at my highest potential but ever learning or... Super Intelligence. Smartest being on the planet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Flight, obviously. Though, telekinesis works as that would also give flight as a side effect with a bit of thought and practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Control of Matter like Mr Manhattan in Watchmen