Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Titans and holy magic

Howdy! So I've been really digging into titan lore lately, and I'm curious about their connection with holy magic. First off, do you think there can be holy runes? It seems that there are runes for every school of magic, and I don't see anything that necessarily refutes the existence of runes existing in the holy school, while simultaneously not seeing anything that supports it.

If you go to the halls of origination/stone (can't remember which one), it seems like a lot of the constructs and machines are powered by some sort of holy magic. In particular, the end part of the dungeon where you defend Brann while you get bolted with holy-esque bolts. I dunno, just trying to see if anyone else sees some kind of connection
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Titans used just about every type of magic. I think the only one they didn't touch was fel. They even used shadow on occasion.

I think they are able to use anything. Maiden of Sorrow in Halls of Stone uses a decent amount of shadow magic, while Ulduar is full of lightning, nature, fire, ice, etc. Holy stuff is likely used as well, but I cannot think of any off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    I think they are able to use anything. Maiden of Sorrow in Halls of Stone uses a decent amount of shadow magic, while Ulduar is full of lightning, nature, fire, ice, etc. Holy stuff is likely used as well, but I cannot think of any off the top of my head.
    Norushen in SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with it being apparent that the Titans did in fact use holy magic, would it be plausible that a human that's very close in connection with his Vrykul ancestry to somehow use holy magic not as a paladin, but to use it to honor the Titans? I'm working on a character right now, and the thought of a viking-esque human fighting with holy fury in honor of his ancestors and creators gives me a throbbing erection. What would make it even better if I could get some input on whether or not you guys think holy runes would be acceptable?
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion View Post
    So with it being apparent that the Titans did in fact use holy magic, would it be plausible that a human that's very close in connection with his Vrykul ancestry to somehow use holy magic not as a paladin, but to use it to honor the Titans? I'm working on a character right now, and the thought of a viking-esque human fighting with holy fury in honor of his ancestors and creators gives me a throbbing erection. What would make it even better if I could get some input on whether or not you guys think holy runes would be acceptable?
    Never saw vrykul use holy magic. Titans also aren't the source of holy magic, they just used it.

Deleted
    there were those vrykul that saved their deformed children(humans), so they were obviously good hearted people

you could honor those by using the Light

there's also the whole story about Tyr helping the early humans and stuff like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    there were those vrykul that saved their deformed children(humans), so they were obviously good hearted people

there's also the whole story about Tyr helping the early humans and stuff like that
    Nyoh my god I love you. I actually had no idea who Tyr was! At first I was like "Tyr... like the norse god of swordsmanship?", but I googled it and learned a lot more about Vrykul and early humans that I didn't know! Thanks a lot man

10+ Year Old Account
    Update for those who care: I was reading more into ley-lines, and although the source is form the RPG, it says a ley-line pattern powers the sunwell. Wouldn't that mean that the runes were holy in quality?

Update for those who care: I was reading more into ley-lines, and although the source is form the RPG, it says a ley-line pattern powers the sunwell. Wouldn't that mean that the runes were holy in quality?
    The sunwell was never powered by ley lines, only by a vial of eternity. Though it was build on a hotspot so to speak to enhance it further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The sunwell was never powered by ley lines, only by a vial of eternity.
    I thought they picked that spot because it was a ley line nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I thought they picked that spot because it was a ley line nexus.
    Yeah but it was not the primary power source for the magic, otherwise it could have just been reignited after kael decided to destroy it, but its powers were spread out. Thus making the spot more like an enhancement.

The Sunwell is arcane. It has holy power now because of the heart of M'uru.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Titans used just about every type of magic. I think the only one they didn't touch was fel. They even used shadow on occasion.
    One could say they created magic...

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I'm pretty sure they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Extremely unlikely, especially if you consider that they are not even gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

Oh how I want Tyr to show up in-game some day.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Extremely unlikely, especially if you consider that they are not even gods.
    they're as close to gods in the warcraft universe as it can get (aside from the Old Gods)...they shaped azeroth (and an untold number of other worlds), they created life, as much as they reshaped it. Granted even they answer to some higher being, but that doesn't make them any less powerful, i wouldn't say they "Created" magic, but they were probably the first race to discover it, and harness it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    they're as close to gods in the warcraft universe as it can get (aside from the Old Gods)...they shaped azeroth (and an untold number of other worlds), they created life, as much as they reshaped it. Granted even they answer to some higher being, but that doesn't make them any less powerful, i wouldn't say they "Created" magic, but they were probably the first race to discover it, and harness it.
    Naaru and void gods were probably the first to use magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    Not being a god does not make them weak but it makes it extremely unlikely for them to have invented magic, which is all I wanted to say.