Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm not that big of a dog person. It was a great episode, but I've always though The Sting was more "depressing" and the best written episode of any series ever!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    I'm not that big of a dog person. It was a great episode, but I've always though The Sting was more "depressing" and the best written episode of any series ever!
    Yea, The Sting was really good too. I've just always preferred Devil's Hands. The ending with Fry's bad playing and childish drawing was just too damn good.

Great great show!!!!! "Walking on Sunshine"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they done done with the show?

I've always heard hints of it returning (As always.) and understand that it comes back on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

I've always heard hints of it returning (As always.) and understand that it comes back on occasion.
    I believe the finale with Fry and Leela spending their life together with time frozen for everyone else was it. I guess it's always possible but I haven't heard of the show coming back.

10+ Year Old Account

I think now they're done done.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

There really hasn't been a cartoon, or any show for that matter, that has given me the feels like futurama. All the best ones were already mentioned. Except for the episode where fry has the time travel code tattooed on his butt. And the bald guy turns out to be fry. I thought that was a good one too. But the best one was where he finds out his brother named his nephew after him, as was already mentioned. Also, when time skips and fry and leela get married but they're unsure why, the very end is kinda sad for fry hehe.

15+ Year Old Account

The creators said that it has felt like extra innings for the last few years with that show, but the last time it got canceled should be the final time and they were happy with the end.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolandw View Post
    There really hasn't been a cartoon, or any show for that matter, that has given me the feels like futurama. All the best ones were already mentioned. Except for the episode where fry has the time travel code tattooed on his butt. And the bald guy turns out to be fry. I thought that was a good one too. But the best one was where he finds out his brother named his nephew after him, as was already mentioned. Also, when time skips and fry and leela get married but they're unsure why, the very end is kinda sad for fry hehe.
    One of my favorite lines ever was the end of Naturama...

"Why did they live, and why did they die?"

"No reason."

To this day just thinking about that episode makes me tear up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Great show too bad they cancelled it.
    i thought matt groening said he didnt want to do the show anymore after this. my favorite character was the robot devil and then bender. i also really liked mr burns from the simpsons. maybe i have a thing for evil characters in cartoon shows. too bad after what was it season 12 of the simpsons they mostly focused on the familys antics and pretty much reduced the other characters to very minor roles.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2014-07-25 at 06:08 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolandw View Post
    The one where Bender got lost in space and ended up chatting with 'God', another good one imo.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    The one where Bender got lost in space and ended up chatting with 'God', another good one imo.
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

One of my favorite quotes from the show

It's kind of crazy how deep this ridiculous show can be. One minute you are laughing at a fart joke then 15 minutes later you are having a true existential breakthrough.

This episode is just too sad for me. I can't watch it. My wife started watching the episodes through and we got to Seymour. I told her to skip it...that I couldn't do it. Fortunately I caved in and we went back and watched it. Very powerful.

As someone else mentioned the luck of the fryrish was another really emotional and powerful episode.

All in all a really great show.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!