Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Modern societies not. The first world countries societies grow at a much slower pace than the second and third world populations. Fuck, Germany's population actually shrinks for some time already.
    That's the thing though, slow or fast pace, growth of the populus is still a bad thing overall. If our population is growing it means we're not in equilibrium with our environment and if it's happening slowly what do you think happens when there's eventually too many of us for the resources available?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    I think I could count on one hand the amount of people I have met in life who have never been in a relationship.

I think you might be getting your personal bias in the way here , feels that way.
    Having been in a relationship and procreating are nowhere near the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No you didn't. You just implied it. Why else would you be pushing a normal person to change their ways?
    I didn't imply it. You're reading something that isn't there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous View Post
    Having been in a relationship and procreating are nowhere near the same thing.
    Or even desire to procreate. It's not terribly abnormal to want to be in a relationship, but still have no desire to procreate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    More and more? Cool, glad you know so much about me from two sentences.
    Oh sorry. I got confused. For some reason I thought you were OP. That explains the "more and more" part. I DO still think what I quoted of yours MIGHT be part of insecurities of your own. Are they actually criticizing you for not having kids or is just a perceived "look" you are noticing.

Speaking as a representative of those who DO want kids...we don't really give a shit. Not a one. You don't want kids? Fucking great...where are we eating tonight?

Disclaimer...I don't actually represent people who have/want kids.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

What gets to me is when I meet a person I haven't seen in forever or even a person I haven't seen in an average while and not even 5-10 minutes into whatever pointless conversation we're having they dump the question "so do you have a girlfriend?" and without even thinking you simply answer "no, I'm single", and they give you this wide eyed stare and the most ridiculous sounding "whaaaaatt???", only as our whiny generation knows to say "whaaaaattt???" followed by checking for text messages they didn't receive then staring back at you in utter disbelief, as if you just told them you bathe in virgin's blood and ride pigs naked around your house.

And if it's someone who's in a relationship they immediately attempt to take action and hook you up with the randomest women on the planet you've never met, as if looking at them bickering half the time they're together gives me any sort of desire to be glued to the same one chick day in and out.

Not that I'm a nihilist or against the system, but society is composed of the same people who firmly believe that macs are better than PCs, who think "life hacks" such as eating an apple from top to bottom has a major advantage over eating it side to side, who think that holding a microwave (cellphone) next to your brain and in your hand all day long browsing at 5.6 GHz frequencies has absolutely no long term health effects, who think that pandaria was a step up for WoW in general, who think that wearing brand name clothes is going to impress anyone, who think that that world famine is just a myth, who think that The Hunger Games is a good series and Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress and that she actually deserved an Oscar, who think that posting shit on Facebook and getting likes for it makes them important...the list goes on.

In conclusion, with that ^ being society...it can go fuck itself, and mind its own romantic life. You've obviously got bigger problems than me being single.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    What gets to me is when I meet a person I haven't seen in forever or even a person I haven't seen in an average while and not even 5-10 minutes into whatever pointless conversation we're having they dump the question "so do you have a girlfriend?" and without even thinking you simply answer "no, I'm single", and they give you this wide eyed stare and the most ridiculous sounding "whaaaaatt???", only as our whiny generation knows to say "whaaaaattt???" followed by checking for text messages they didn't receive then staring back at you in utter disbelief, as if you just told them you bathe in virgin's blood and ride pigs naked around your house.

And if it's someone who's in a relationship they immediately attempt to take action and hook you up with the randomest women on the planet you've never met, as if looking at them bickering half the time they're together gives me any sort of desire to be glued to the same one chick day in and out.

Not that I'm a nihilist or against the system, but society is composed of the same people who firmly believe that macs are better than PCs, who think "life hacks" such as eating an apple from top to bottom has a major advantage over eating it side to side, who think that holding a microwave (cellphone) next to your brain and in your hand all day long browsing at 5.6 GHz frequencies has absolutely no long term health effects, who think that pandaria was a step up for WoW in general, who think that wearing brand name clothes is going to impress anyone, who think that that world famine is just a myth, who think that The Hunger Games is a good series and Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress and that she actually deserved an Oscar, who think that posting shit on Facebook and getting likes for it makes them important...the list goes on.

In conclusion, with that ^ being society...it can go fuck itself, and mind its own romantic life. You've obviously got bigger problems than me being single.
    You don't have to invent completely unrealistic scenarios, or whine like a spoilt child about things you dislike, in order to say you can't get, or don't want, a partner. Just say you don't want one.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

God forbid someone checks before they express interest in you.

10+ Year Old Account

Im going to have this x10 on the upcoming 80th birthday of my grandma.. big party with every single family member.. Im going to hate it

A lot of virgins in this topic lol.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-07-29 at 03:30 AM.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

I have to agree with OP here, i've been in relationships, and they're honestly just a hastle, unless you're with someone who actually cares for you. And working my life away for a SI who lays around the house, and ungrateful kids doesn't seem like a very enjoyable lifestyle to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being a virgin.

Deleted
    I don't know. When it's brought up by my family, which is just one grandma lol, it's usually just to start or make conversation, so eh.

I guess it depends from family to family or something like that.

Infracted
    Which is a bad thing because... ?

Infracted
    Not sure if this was done ironically but this post here - these 7 words and one contraction - just illustrate the ENTIRE point made by the OP and this thread haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    God forbid someone checks before they express interest in you.
    ?

That wasn't the point of their post though, it was how people make it out as though it's something dirty to be single.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous View Post
    *snip*

That wasn't the point of their post though, it was how people make it out as though it's something dirty to be single.
    Misery loves company.

Why do you think married couples are always trying to set up their few remaining single friends? Deep down they cannot bear it that you are single and unattached. That you are free of the crushing responsibility of children and long term commitment that they struggle with on a daily basis.