Thread: Worth the wait?

7+ Year Old Account

Worth the wait?

Hello everyone.

I am split between two options. Should I rather buy World of Warcraft and Mists of Pandaria now, start playing and then getting Warlords of Draenor later on or is World of Warcraft worth the wait and buy everything at once.

Also If I buy World of Warcraft and Mists of Pandaria, will I have to make additional downloads?

(The main reason I don't buy games anymore is because of constant patching)

10+ Year Old Account
    You will have to download patches. You will be downloading patches regularly - World of Warcraft is ever-changing. That's not stopping.

Personally, I'd do it now. First, NOW is the time to get used to the game when people are running SoO like crazy for heirlooms and are geared enough to carry. Now is the time when the game is at a lull and you have time to learn. I'd definitely do it now than later.

I'd buy it now, especially if you can get a hold of Mists of Pandaria and the Battlechest at a discount. You should start learning thing like game mechanics, class mechanics, etc now rather than later, and get some practice with them if you plan on playing seriously at all during Warlords.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You will be downloading patches regularly
    When you say I'll be downloading patches regularly, how regularly is that? Once a month patches is fine for me.

How big of a download is the patches normally, and can you play whilst the game is patching?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre2807 View Post
    When you say I'll be downloading patches regularly, how regularly is that? Once a month patches is fine for me.

How big of a download is the patches normally, and can you play whilst the game is patching?
    You can play while patching. Frequency depends on their schedule. Usually months apart. It's been 11 months since the last major patch.