Professions in wod not trivialized by garrisons, quite the opposite

Hello, just an opinion from playing beta but I keep hearing people talk about how professions will be trivialized by garrisons, but I have seen quite the opposite. Every minor and major finished good seems to require mats directly from another profession. Tailors wil need potions from alchemists and hides from skinners. Alchemists will need oils from fishing. Garrisons let you circumvent SOME of these with work orders but at 24 hours it is a compliment not a replacement. Expect a more interesting ah and crafting game in wod.

all that I read in this post is just "no choice for my Garrison small plots" because I will use the 3 professions that will provide supplies to my main profession...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are taking out the combat perks in professions, then only the farming ones will be worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    all that I read in this post is just "no choice for my Garrison small plots" because I will use the 3 professions that will provide supplies to my main profession...
    not at all what i meant. i just meant to say there will be more interplay between professions, and garrisons are a small safety net. but ultimatley they do not replace professions the way people have been saying they will. for instance an alchemy lab for one work order can make 5-6 alchemic catalysts, just one component of making flasks.

in terms of small plots it depends on what you like. if you are an alchemist all you need is the alchemy lab. you can buy fish (fish oil really) from AH and go with timber yard or storehouse. i think this is good for the game, we might see product move on the auction houses a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    not at all what i meant. i just meant to say there will be more interplay between professions, and garrisons are a small safety net. but ultimatley they do not replace professions the way people have been saying they will. for instance an alchemy lab for one work order can make 5-6 alchemic catalysts, just one component of making flasks.

in terms of small plots it depends on what you like. if you are an alchemist all you need is the alchemy lab. you can buy fish (fish oil really) from AH and go with timber yard or storehouse. i think this is good for the game, we might see product move on the auction houses a little better.
    btw I did not accuse you that you meant what I wrote . I just see it that way.. it was my opinion. Even for a small safety net, I think people will chose the "useful" profession instead of what they "like". Personally I wanted to be a full access to professions via garrisons. I thought it was a move for Blizzard to decrease the need of alts for professions.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Good because the only thing I still enjoy doing on this game is making gold. They better not destroy the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    Hello, just an opinion from playing beta but I keep hearing people talk about how professions will be trivialized by garrisons, but I have seen quite the opposite. Every minor and major finished good seems to require mats directly from another profession.
    Yeah - this effectively kills my professions for me.... they used to be stuff I did on my down time (Tailor/Enchant) ... now I can't even make the basic mats for Tailoring without having an alt ...

My wife and I made tons of gold off of professions before professions had perks. If people stop using professions for perks that will leave the rest of us that like that stuff to do it for gold.

Making professions use other professions is something they should have done a long time ago.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone know if you should have your current professions buildings in your garrison? my priest is tailor /jc, should I have those buildings plus 1 other (ex. alchemy lab) or would it be better to have 3 completely different profession buildings?

The profession buildings only provide leveling gear or low quality consumables. In order to get crafted epics, other than cloaks, or the better flasks, you need to have the profession because they're only purchased through the token that comes from using the profession's daily cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    My wife and I made tons of gold off of professions before professions had perks. If people stop using professions for perks that will leave the rest of us that like that stuff to do it for gold.

Making professions use other professions is something they should have done a long time ago.
    Its something they did do a long time ago, tons of Vanilla patterns required you to have mats from several different professions. Arcanite Bars and Enchanted Thorium bars comes to mind, along with various secondary mats ( hides, etc)

Its going to be interesting to see how it goes. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do as far as character. My two mains are both double gathers, while my professions are on my alts.

tbh im not liking it im planning to swich fomr my mining and bs ret (which is only going to be the same in wod) to my herb+ alch hunter or even my skinning and LW druid garrisons kinda screws me over since alch stuff from garrisons require ore havent looked at the lw stuff and no i dont have better just going by what infos avalible

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tbh im not liking it im planning to swich fomr my mining and bs ret (which is only going to be the same in wod) to my herb+ alch hunter or even my skinning and LW druid garrisons kinda screws me over since alch stuff from garrisons require ore havent looked at the lw stuff and no i dont have better just going by what infos avalible

It actually has the potential to make professions very lucrative, because the more complicated things are, or the more difficult things become ( although lets face it still won't be hard) the less people want to mess with it. Lots of people had max professions in Vanilla and TBC, but the number of people actually selling things was pretty low compared to today.

It will be interesting to see if we see a return of professions back to the people that really like them, compared to today where everyone has them and uses them because its easy, and because it has a profession bonus.

I would not feel bummed out if these changes stick to the core of professions. This is an mmorpg after all. Is a little human interaction that bad for people?

If someone on beta could answer this... My main is a Tailor/Enchanter. I understand that the daily cloth cd on tailoring requires mats from skinning and herbalism. How much leather and herbs can I expect from my garrison and will that be enough for the cloth cd's.