Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard the haste "soft cap" is around 430, I currently have 479, but haven't been able to test in a raid setting, since I didn't change anything prior to yesterday's raid. If it's the case that 430 is around where you want to stop, do you just start using strength/mastery gems in haste/mastery place to balance it out?

Also, the 23 atk power 28 crit leg enchants should be way ahead of the 19 str 11 crit in terms of value, yet I keep seeing the latter labeled as bis, any reason? other than just it's been forgotten? (edit: apparently they still show +23 atk power, but only give +8, nvm.)
    Last edited by Varyk; 2014-10-17 at 07:31 AM.

I'm currently running with 449 haste and it feels pretty ridiculous, I wouldn't want to go any higher.

Haste softcaps around 400 at level 100. As I recall, it softcaps around 250 at 90.

Was running sims for dps/stat weights.....and then all these changes are expected to come so stopped them. I'll do some gear stuff instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I'm currently running with 449 haste and it feels pretty ridiculous, I wouldn't want to go any higher.
    so is the only choice just to gem +5 strength/+10 mastery gems instead?

Depending on what you have available it may be better to keep your haste gems and swap out haste gear for other stats.

I can't get haste any lower than 506, but with the AMS nerf it doesn't feel like too much at all. And I find myself with 24 RP WAY more often than I'd like.

Deleted
    I really don't get the stress about haste. I'm sitting at 170 haste (36.71%) and it's not an issue at all.

Should probably clarify that I was talking about unholy when I said that 449 haste felt like too much. Haven't tried either version of frost at 90 yet.

Deleted
    Should probably clarify that I was talking about unholy when I said that 449 haste felt like too much. Haven't tried either version of frost at 90 yet.
    UH I speak of too.

Deleted
    When i raided wednesday i had around 460 haste. It felt like waay to much. Down on 275 now. Hope it'll be better.

Deleted
    I can't get any lower than 500 haste... Though I still seem to being coming top on dps charts! Using RC is really nice aswell as that makes your runes regen at such an immense speed now!

Lots of other specs significantly changed. DPS DKs didn't, so all your expertise in playing still applies. Also we are legitimately much stronger in 6.0-- both unholy and frost were near the bottom in 5.4.

FYI, Runic Corruption is completely unchanged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running 182 haste as unholy and it felt fine. There was some moments of downtime but honestly it wasn't anything terrible, at most it was 1-2s every now and again. I think the 240 haste "breakpoint" that was thrown around is probably accurate but it doesn't *really* matter, bosses are dying super fast anyway that mastery especially and crit are just point for point superior.

Don't have too much warforged gear outside of the standard crit/mastery setup from prepatch, so I'm just using that with haste/mastery gems in the red sockets. It puts me at about 280 haste and it feels pretty okay so far, haven't raided mythic yet though. If the bosses are dying as quickly as I have heard the bloodlust uptime will devalue haste pretty significantly compared to the sort of fight lengths that we usually sim.

Unholy was in a fairly decent spot before, it was only Frost that was lacking. Now it's just more balanced between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I can't get haste any lower than 506, but with the AMS nerf it doesn't feel like too much at all. And I find myself with 24 RP WAY more often than I'd like.
    I agree. Frost Strike in Frost Presence should cost 24 RP, not 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    I agree. Frost Strike in Frost Presence should cost 24 RP, not 25.
    Totally. Frost would play so much better with that one tiny change.

Sorry haven’t posted in a while had a combination of some RL stuff and some SimC bugs that made this take a little longer than wanted.

Here's a big post about some gear sims from the latest build. Note that SimC is still in the workings and bugs may exist and what not.

READ BELOW BEFORE GOING ON. I WILL NOT BE REPLYING TO THINGS ANSWERED HERE.
    • There are duplicates in the profiles, but that was really unavoidable due to the way shifting gear and out.
    • I initially started out simming what I thought was/would be BiS for the spec and then shifted the profile a little until it was apparent what would be BiS.
    • My APL's are the same as SimC's, I've updated the SimC ones to reflect a comprehensive list.
    • There are warnings above each of the profiles about ‘use_item’, but that was implemented to ensure that trinkets would be used.
    • The nomenclature of the “bis” profile was not changed from where I was doing some other testing so it should be right for unholy, but as you’ll from 2h frost is was not the best, but point gets across anyways.
    • The nomenclature for the other profiles is the piece that was swapped out from the original “BiS” profile.
    • Assumed legendary ring would be BiS automatically.
    • WF/Gem slots change things drastically so make sure you sim that on your own once you get those.
    • If you see any errors please let me know and I'll correct them.

Links for all sims:

Here’s the BiS for each of the 2h frost difficulties:

2h frost @ mythic:

2h frost @ heroic:

2h frost @ normal:

Here’s the top 40 for each 2h frost spec:

2h frost @ mythic:

2h frost @ heroic:

2h frost @ normal:

My analysis:
    It’s interesting to see the proc pvp trinket as one of our BiS trinkets through mythic (Brozooka over in WWA brought this to my attention). The tier pieces we’ll want to take are head, chest, legs, and hands with shoulders as off-piece. Seems as though Kagraz’s Burning Blade will be a really close competitor through the tiers as another weapon. The same goes with our options for shoulders since they are all extremely close. Seems as though switching out chest tier for Chestplate of Rolling Fury and taking the tier shoulders is also a competitive set as well. Vertebrae Protector is also a viable option for a neck piece.

Here’s the BiS for each of the unholy difficulties:

unholy @ mythic:

unholy @ heroic:

unholy @ normal:

Here’s the top 40 for each unholy spec:

unholy @ mythic:

unholy @ heroic:

unholy @ normal:

My analysis:
    It’s interesting to see the pvp trinkets are BiS for us at normal and a combination of either of them with some other trinkets is competitive as well. The tier pieces we'll be looking at are head, shoulders, chest, and legs with hands as off-piece. Vial and Tectus seem pretty close for other trinkets (swapping out the pvp one). There are also pretty close weapon options with blackhand (though won’t get until later..) and crescent as well. Some other options for bracers, belt, and cloak are pretty close as well.

Here’s the BiS for each of the dw frost difficulties:

dw frost @ mythic:

dw frost @ heroic:

dw frost @ normal:

Here’s the top 40 for each dw frost spec:

dw frost @ mythic:

dw frost @ heroic:

dw frost @ normal:

My analysis:
    It seems that weapons are pretty close between kromogs and taners at least (combinations of them as well). Seems that fleshmelter bracers are a competitive option for bracers. Also seems that flamefury gauntlets are pretty competitive and uktars belt of chiming rings as well. Close options too for cloak and ring.

To do list:
    • Pre-raid list, need to finish updating my list of items.
    • Re-run race stuff and comprehensive stuff whenever changes slow down/confirmed.
    • Do AoE stuff again since BoS operates like old FoF did for monks.

Deleted
    Do AoE stuff again since BoS operates like old FoF did for monks.
    You mean it works as the *new* FoF works? http://prntscr.com/4zpxq8