Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptnic View Post
    I remember seeing Glyph of Outbreak been talked about before, saying it was a dps+ over using plague strike. However, I can't seem to find it/lazy, anyone have a break down for me?

And currently, how trust worthy is the Icyvains article on unholy dks, it doesn;t even mention the glyph of outbreak anywhere.
    It's a very slight gain on aoe as it can proc rune regen talents, so that plus using SS over PS makes it a very small gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    It's a very slight gain on aoe as it can proc rune regen talents, so that plus using SS over PS makes it a very small gain.
    Good enough for me to use it. Cheers matey.

Just to ask, slight gain on AoE, I guess it's not the same for single target then, I still use plague strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptnic View Post
    Good enough for me to use it. Cheers matey.

Just to ask, slight gain on AoE, I guess it's not the same for single target then, I still use plague strike?
    Yeah for single target it's not worth it, use PS to refresh dots unless Outbreak is on CD naturally.

Deleted
    Going full out multi-strike isn't smart right, need some mastery aswell right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Going full out multi-strike isn't smart right, need some mastery aswell right?
    They are fairly close in weight, though in Foundry we aim for a lot of pieces with MS/Mastery on them, and one trinket with a Mastery proc. So you will kinda fall into a nice balance of them even with going after MS gear.

Can Simcraft use the Outbreak glyph (and how do I do it)?

Deleted
    I am really torn right now. I've just made a neck through Jewelcrafting and stats weren't too bad.

Current neck.
    103 Str
    155 Stam
    +76 Versa
    +57 Multi

The one I crafted

103 Str
    155 Stam
    +55 Crit
    +77 Mastery

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Very very clearly the new one, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Very very clearly the new one, no?
    Good, was thinking the same, just unsure.

With the recent changes to the DMF trinket, it's pretty garbage now isn't it? Even if it's 665, it's still worse than our heroic trinkets like fires of the sun (well, mine has a socket but still very close in value without it). Highly doubt they're worth using now. But the Scabbard is definitely a very strong trinket to use cause they allocated all the vers into the strength proc !

Quote Originally Posted by roarfacelol View Post
    With the recent changes to the DMF trinket, it's pretty garbage now isn't it? Even if it's 665, it's still worse than our heroic trinkets like fires of the sun (well, mine has a socket but still very close in value without it). Highly doubt they're worth using now. But the Scabbard is definitely a very strong trinket to use cause they allocated all the vers into the strength proc !
    What exactly do you think they changed on the DMF trinket? I mean looking at it, still has STR and the crit proc. Unless the str or proc got reduced a bit?

Well, considering that I have the trinket, it's only 117 strength with a 1396 crit proc that lasts 20 seconds with a 115 second ICD. That's atrociously terrible compared to the 630 trinkets that we can get in heroics that have the possibility of getting a socket and being warforged. Definitely not worth it.

That's also the 640 btw. The 665 version only gives 147 str (which is still lower than heroic trinkets) and the proc is only raised to 1760. Regardless of the ilvl, it still loses to a 630 trinket.

On another little note, they also increased my friend said they he read somewhere that they're going to increase the ilvl of highmaul gear to 670, so all the effort of even trying to make a 665 dmc viable isn't even worth it.
    Last edited by roarfacelol; 2014-11-23 at 08:34 PM.

Heroic Highmaul gear already is 670?
    The DMF trinkets aren't supposed to be BiS or anything, just supposed to be a fairly powerful trinket that you can get from a source other then raiding/heroics. That's how they have always aimed them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Heroic Highmaul gear already is 670?
    The DMF trinkets aren't supposed to be BiS or anything, just supposed to be a fairly powerful trinket that you can get from a source other then raiding/heroics. That's how they have always aimed them to be.
    Not exactly sure if that's true, that's just my friend reading up somewhere that Highmaul gear is going to be 670. He's usually good on that kinda info though and I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the ilvl to make sure that BoE's don't take over the gear that we're suppose to be earning. And I understand that DMF trinkets aren't suppose to be BiS or anything of the sort, but the fact that they're worse than heroic trinkets even when they're upgraded to 665 is quite atrocious. That's 35 ilvls and still worse. Considering the time spent creating them and the resources required to upgrade. It was a big mistake to nerf the trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by roarfacelol View Post
    Not exactly sure if that's true, that's just my friend reading up somewhere that Highmaul gear is going to be 670. He's usually good on that kinda info though and I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the ilvl to make sure that BoE's don't take over the gear that we're suppose to be earning. And I understand that DMF trinkets aren't suppose to be BiS or anything of the sort, but the fact that they're worse than heroic trinkets even when they're upgraded to 665 is quite atrocious. That's 35 ilvls and still worse. Considering the time spent creating them and the resources required to upgrade. It was a big mistake to nerf the trinkets.
    Highmaul ilvl's break down like this
    RF: 640
    Normal: 655
    Heroic: 670
    Mythic: 685
    Been like that for a good while, they aren't changing em at all.

I get what you mean but really, the trinket is for people who want a boost over trinkets that might not be as good for them (for example is crit was your main stat and there weren't any other heroic dungeon trinkets with a decent amount, this would be lovely). I mean for DK's the trinket is pretty meh, but it doesn't make it worthless to other specs that value crit more. Might not be worth the 250-300k people are trying to sell it for atm, but I would say 150k wouldn't be hard to see it go for.

I would say that even 150k is quite overpriced at this point. Alot of the 665 pieces or even the 665 trinkets aren't even selling at 150k (unless you're talking about the 665 version). Each card is selling at like 5 - 8k (at least for my server) that people are willing to pay for. This is the DK forum so I'm talking specifically about DKs and right now it's probably one of the worst choice trinkets for DKs. The main point is that DMF trinkets are suppose to be a boost over heroic trinkets, but it's just not.

Hey I'm on Mal'ganis, everything is overpriced lol.
    Again take it into context, it's horrible for us (or well I would say horrible for Frost meh for Unholy) but it's not horrible overall. For other classes it is a boost over dungeon trinkets, for us it isn't. So yes for us it falls short of what it should be.

I'm okay with that, more gold in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I'm okay with that, more gold in my pocket.
    Likewise, I have to recheck he sim listing of trinkets but I'm thinking I am probably selling it instead of keeping it.

Sold mine that I was saving for 100. Tbh quite glad they aren't close to other trinkets