Deleted

Cloudburst Totem

Thought I'd make a short illustration of the new lvl 100 talent that replaced the god-awful condensation totem:

- Doesn't work in conjunction with other healing totems when totemic persistance is talented.
    - Tooltip says it absorbs 20% of all healing. What exactly this means I'll need to test further (if it absorbs other healers healing - I doubt it).
    - Range needs testing, but it seems quite big (40+ yards.)

This is definitely a nice additional controlled AoE for resto shaman. I can see the benefits of it for raids.

Wow, ok, we might actually have a choice to make now with the 100 talents.

And if it actually collects all healing, from other healers as well, that's straight up OP.

Considering it being a talent, my guess is it will be able to collect other healers' spells as well only slightly tweak for resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiph View Post
    Thought I'd make a short illustration of the new lvl 100 talent that replaced the god-awful condensation totem:

- Doesn't work in conjunction with other healing totems when totemic persistance is talented.
    - Tooltip says it absorbs 20% of all healing. What exactly this means I'll need to test further (if it absorbs other healers healing - I doubt it).
    - Range needs testing, but it seems quite big (40+ yards.)
    hi thanks for the video. I was wondering if you could do some testing for me as i don't have beta access. Could you test the following.

1: does it collect other healer's heals.
    2. Does it not collect heals from other water totems or can u just not place other totems?
    3. Does using totemic recall cause it to detonate early or cancel the explosion. Meaning can i blow it up early with recall?
    4. Is there a cap on the healing done?
    5. Whats the mana cost?

Deleted
    If it collects other healers healing then thats pretty nice! Will need to get on the beta night to do some testing with it, I'm assuming that Cloudburst totem not working with the totem talent to allow 2 totem types of the same school at the same time is just bugged currently. Although it may be intended though I doubt it.

I believe what he meant is that it doesn't absorb healing from other water totems, at least that's what I found. I could have both it and HST up at the same time but healing done by HST didn't contribute to the "cloudburst".

Deleted
    It sort of looks like a mini ascendance when he's got the totem up and casting chain heal and getting chain heal healing first then cloudburst explodes some all over too.
    I'm surprised this even made it into a beta test build I mean what happened to our niche of stacked healing? This totem looks like its got a fair range on it to be honest considering how far its hitting in the video above.

Also looks like it doesn't really have a cap on healing targets? You know like healing rain? Could be wrong though.

I've got a feeling that this totem is gonna be way better than High Tide and obviously Storm Elemental (Unless theres a crazy 600% damage buff on a boss etc) whether we're stacked or spread its just pumping out so much healing even if its just the shaman's healing its still a bucket load. Couldn't imagine what sort of numbers it would be pumping out if you added 4-5 more healers healing into that too. Look forward to seeing where this talent goes, hopefully to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripply View Post
    I'm surprised this even made it into a beta test build I mean what happened to our niche of stacked healing?
    I hope the stacked healing niche crawled somewhere to die a painful and horrid death. Because until the day that I see a spread-healing niche for a class that absolutely sucks at stacked healing, our "niche" will forever remain a bad excuse thrown at shamans who were upset about repeatedly having been told "sorry, buddy, can't bring you. Your class isn't good enough at spread-healing for progress. You come in on farm."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I hope the stacked healing niche crawled somewhere to die a painful and horrid death. Because until the day that I see a spread-healing niche for a class that absolutely sucks at stacked healing, our "niche" will forever remain a bad excuse thrown at shamans who were upset about repeatedly having been told "sorry, buddy, can't bring you. Your class isn't good enough at spread-healing for progress. You come in on farm."
    Amen, I'm just very surprised that such an ability has been given to our spec and it doesn't have a 10-15 yard range.

In my opinion cloudburst looks like one of the best spread healing tools in terms of healing real estate. I mean considering how many targets its healing and currently for quite an amount, I can't really think of any other spell that has a similar effect. Its like a druids Shroom but it pulses and hits an entire raid stacked or spread, its beautiful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    hi thanks for the video. I was wondering if you could do some testing for me as i don't have beta access. Could you test the following.

1: does it collect other healer's heals.
    2. Does it not collect heals from other water totems or can u just not place other totems?
    3. Does using totemic recall cause it to detonate early or cancel the explosion. Meaning can i blow it up early with recall?
    4. Is there a cap on the healing done?
    5. Whats the mana cost?

I went to bed shortly after posting the video, but just tested the things you asked

1. It doesn't collect other healers' heals. Tested with a friend in party.
    2. I can place 1 other water totem when I have totemic persistance talented, but it collects no healing. from either HST or HTT. (reported this as a bug )
    3. Yes. you can have a HR down -> pop cloudburst -> recall for an explosion of 40 yards. (just tested the range)
    4. Not that I know of. I went full ham on the healing dummys in shattrath and couldn't reach any cap. Tooltip says it collects "0%" of all healing done. Its 20% of the shamans healing.
    5. No mana cost atm. (also reported that as a bug)

Edit:

Theres also no cap on the amount of targets it heals. It hits EVERYONE within 40 yards. The healing is split evenly among however many targets there is in those 40 yards. (Same thing for HTT btw)

- - - Updated - - -

Just tested. Call of the elements does not reset the cd on cloudburst totem.
    Last edited by mmocf2b2f177b5; 2014-07-26 at 01:23 PM.