[WoD] Class impressions (strictly PvP wise)

Hey guys, I thought we could get a thread rolling with people's impressions of the classes and how they're shaping up for WoD pvp. Personally I currently play rogue, holy priest and some very casual/now-and-then affliction warlock. I consider the rogue to be my main, and other classes just to be time fillers when I get bored of sneaking around.

My impression is that rogues stay mostly unchanged, except for the wonderful long awaited change to how combo points work - FINALLY they're on the rogue and not on the target. Will go a long way to make rogues even more dangerous. The loss of Shadow Blades is a bummer, but probably needed. In full Prideful I can currently gib someone without a trinket before they can play the game. Even without blades the damage output can be ridonculous! To see Subterfuge in its current MoP version go is a hard blow, but probably also needed. As long as Vanish will actually work and not break you out the first 3-4 seconds, I think it'll be okay.

Rogue TLDR: Not much changing, mostly good things.

I've had a hard time forming an opinion on holy priests. I see very few priest streamers in the beta. Feels like a heavy blow that they made Psychic Scream a talent. And now that every heal is supposed to have a cast time, I can only imagine the fun of having an angry warrior and a rogue on me in the opener of a game. Anyone have any constructive thoughts on priests?

Haven't seen much Afflock play either, but what I've seen looks boring. No more DoT snapshotting means burst will be harder to time, and soul shard generation has been nerfed hard. Soul Swap also has a shard cost now, meaning it will be real hard to keep damage rolling. Atleast that's how it looks to me. The spec just looks a bit more boring, but otherwise mostly the same.

So what are your thoughts on your favorite classes for WoD - how are they shaping up for PvP, and what will you most likely be playing? Me, I'll certainly keep my rogue as my main, always have.

Deleted
    As it currently stands, melee>ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkisyum View Post
    As it currently stands, melee>ranged.
    Welp, thats new, it has been World of castercraft since wotlk/cata, nice with some change

Not in beta myself, but a close friend of mine has been playing it. From the feedback he's given, it seems Warriors are godmode and in general most of the melee classes are very strong.

I don't think it's worth TOO MUCH going into the nitty-gritty details of classes when the whole fundamental balance of the game is broken. It's going to take a lot of work (it seems) from Blizzard to get balance between melee and ranged to a point where you can even begin comparing classes and specs. I'll honestly be extremely surprised if come WoD there is any decent balance at all - it's VERY sketchy at the moment (from what i've seen).

I agree on the current balance situation. Lets not discuss numbers (as far as possible atleast), but rather mechanics and what seems fun and/or strong. Warriors seem to do a ridiculous amount of damage - talking Executes that oneshot people etc - but they also seem to have lost alot of survivability. On the other hand DKs seem stronger than ever (discounting their launch season), with great survivability and retaining all of their anti-CC mechanics. Maybe they even got more of that? Not sure.