Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    In the UK there have been Mexican restaurants since at least the late 1980's, maybe not Taco Bell, but that's an issue with Taco Bell.

And your claim that they didn't eat Mexican because it was too spicy is total crap. If you think the British don't eat spicy food, you haven't been to any town in the UK over the last 30-40 years.

I can't speak for France, Spain, or Switzerland as I've only been to those countries on holiday and wouldn't have gone to eat Mexican food when I was there, but your story doesn't ring true for Britain.
    I lived in London from 1979-80, 1992-1994. I have been to what was at the time the only Mexican Restaurant in London, it was god awful, nothing tasted right, the food was soggy slop, and luke warm. I also eat a ton of Indian food in London, since really it was the best take out food, at the time there was no delivery food. I wonder if this has changed, can you order a Pizza to be delivered yet? However the spiciest food in the Indian take outs would count as medium spice in Los Angeles, however it was really tasty, I do wish I could get British style Indian food in LA, sadly the Indian Restaurants here try to be as authentic to India as possible, and tend to not be the same flavor profiles.

I love authentic mexican food. Living in Arizona, it's pretty easy finding some good stuff. Lots of little family owned places.

It makes me wonder how Taco Bell still has stores here....
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzolith View Post
    I love authentic mexican food. Living in Arizona, it's pretty easy finding some good stuff. Lots of little family owned places.

The Taco Bell in my town closed because it couldn't compete with the family owned places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzolith View Post

This:

and this:

oh and this:

because people smoke green herbs, and like a midnight drive thou when they get the munchies.

but do not worry Taco Smell isn't the only fast food company selling to the cannabis crowd. (p.s. legal in my state California)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    This:
    Don't forget this:

I don't know if you saw my response to one of your posts, but we really are on the same side about this.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    They sell Baha Blast in cans where I live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in London from 1979-80, 1992-1994. I have been to what was at the time the only Mexican Restaurant in London, it was god awful, nothing tasted right, the food was soggy slop, and luke warm. I also eat a ton of Indian food in London, since really it was the best take out food, at the time there was no delivery food. I wonder if this has changed, can you order a Pizza to be delivered yet? However the spiciest food in the Indian take outs would count as medium spice in Los Angeles, however it was really tasty, I do wish I could get British style Indian food in LA, sadly the Indian Restaurants here try to be as authentic to India as possible, and tend to not be the same flavor profiles.
    I lived in London from 1973 to 2010, I don't really remember 1979-80 as I was a kid, but there was not only one Mexican restaurant in London between 1992-94, which I know as I worked in Central London then and ate at more than one, and you could order pizza to be delivered in those years as well as a number of other different deliveries.

We were getting food deliveries in the suburbs in the mid-to-late 80s, as we used to get them every Saturday after rugby practice when I was at school. I can't speak for earlier as my father would have bought the food then, and he wouldn't have eaten a takeaway in his life, let alone get anything delivered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Don't forget this:

I don't know if you saw my response to one of your posts, but we really are on the same side about this.
    I did, I figure that subject is dead, plus ear infection so I'm extra crancky.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    They sell Baha Blast in cans where I live.
    lucky. I could dew with a 2 liter bottle. Love Baja Blast.

Baja Blast is probably the only reason I go to Taco Bell.

Everything else tastes like microwaved vomit.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I lived in London from 1973 to 2010, I don't really remember 1979-80 as I was a kid, but there was not only one Mexican restaurant in London between 1992-94, which I know as I worked in Central London then and ate at more than one, and you could order pizza to be delivered in those years as well as a number of other different deliveries.

We were getting food deliveries in the suburbs in the mid-to-late 80s, as we used to get them every Saturday after rugby practice when I was at school. I can't speak for earlier as my father would have bought the food then, and he wouldn't have eaten a takeaway in his life, let alone get anything delivered.
    ok, I exaggerated, the Dominions across from my flat in Chelsea had a red Moped for Deliveries. Sadly Dominoes has never been a good Pizza no matter what Nation you live in, and the delivery times varied based on day and time. I honestly think they only had one Delivery driver. Not sure about the Suburbs, as I've always been an Urbanite. However my comment about British Delivery food relates to my love of Douglas Adams, which in some of his books he would joke about the lack of delivery food in the UK. As to Mexican Food, I could only ever find the one place and it was dreadful. However as I said living in London at the time I eat a lot of British style Indian food. I wish the local Indian restaurants would cook that stuff.

instead we get ...

Granted LA Indian food is the bomb, but still something about chicken vindaloo, and the heavy on the sauce British Indian foods, makes me hungry.

Deleted

Granted LA Indian food is the bomb, but still something about chicken vindaloo, and the heavy on the sauce British Indian foods, makes me hungry.

Vindaloo chips are my go-to hangover food. It mentally, emotionally and physically drains me to the point were I need a nap.

The spice is real.