Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Its mostly the atheists who get butthurt.
    Nah we just laugh at your stupidity, and keep trying to understand why so called sane people continue to believe in this crap.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2014-07-26 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    Nah we just laugh at your stupidity, and keep trying to understand why so called sane people continue to believe in this crap.
    Calls out stupidity...

Assumes I'm not also an atheist...

Tasty tasty irony.

*shrug* Maybe on some forums you get lots of angsty religious nuts shouting down the others, but from my experiences on MMO champion, the religious people tend to limit their posts on the topic to descriptions, and the atheists tend to limit their posts to "You guys are stupid/the cause of all the war in the world/talking to imaginary friends".

Hence: Its mostly the atheists who get butt hurt.

Disclaimer: Agnostic/Atheist here
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

But this is the issue isnt it? People dont read the book!!! If they had they would know what i am talking about. I didnt pick on anything small and irelevan that can be skiped. I picked on the main issues of the testament, the core if you will. Anybody who read it once knows what im talking about.
    You can't make arguments about the bible and then refuse to quote your sources. Lol.

there are christians, and then there are christians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    You can't make arguments about the bible and then refuse to quote your sources. Lol.
    What of the things i've posted do you find problems believing it exists? I will post the source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette View Post
    there are christians, and then there are christians.
    There can be no real christians in a civilized society because there are several things (even in the Lutheran bible) that are straight ass illegal in all western nations or then allowed because things that are forbidden in the bible as just plain wrong when looked at from the stance of personal freedoms or rights.

Religion is not a salad bar where you pick and choose what parts to keep. Either you believe in it fully or then it's just a book that you rip out the pages you don't like and it becomes meaningless.
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2014-07-26 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    There can be no real christians in a civilized society because there are several things (even in the Lutheran bible) that are straight ass illegal in all western nations or then allowed because things that are forbidden in the bible as just plain wrong when looked at from the stance of personal freedoms or rights.
    Just as there are no real muslims or no real atheists?
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    What of the things i've posted do you find problems believing it exists? I will post the source
    Please quote all your sources.
    Most people trying to make any argument whatsoever would post all their sources without question. I'm not sure why you seem to think that's such an extraordinary request to ask of you.

How are you a real atheist if I may ask?

Muslims yes..atheists..whaat? Don't tell me you're one of the people that think atheism is a religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post

But this is the issue isnt it? People dont read the book!!! If they had they would know what i am talking about. I didnt pick on anything small and irelevan that can be skiped. I picked on the main issues of the testament, the core if you will. Anybody who read it once knows what im talking about
    When someone's trying to prove a point in some manner, it's their burden to provide all the information needed to convince someone.

If your response is going to be "I'm right, you're wrong, go read the book because I don't need to prove anything to you", then everyone's just going to be talking to a brick wall and/or most likely arguing which is probably why this thread was brought into existance in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    How are you a real atheist if I may ask?
    With a lot of self assurance I presume. My point is you can't on the one hand label a whole group of people and then say "But they aren't real [whatevers] because for that you have to believe X"

I'm sure there are people who identify as atheists who have disagreements on the nature of their denial. For example, atheists who still subscribe to superstitions. Are you denying they exist? Are they not "true atheists" because they subconsciously won't walk under a ladder, or because they say "for christ's sake" on occasion?

Religious books are the source of many of the bad things that we see today.

Deleted
    Well that depends on how you look at things, in essence atheism is a rejection of supernatural deities - at least that is how I classify it.

If you're trying to refer to it being a belief or a religion, it's not - it's a rejection of such.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Well that depends on how you look at things, in essence atheism is a rejection of supernatural deities - at least that is how I classify it.

If you're trying to refer to it being a belief or a religion, it's not - it's a rejection of such.
    My point is you can't on the one hand label a whole group of people and then say "But they aren't real [whatevers] because for that you have to believe X"
    That's all I meant. I don't want to get into the debate of "Atheism as a religious position" its not really relevant.

Maybe on some forums you get lots of angsty religious nuts shouting down the others, but from my experiences on MMO champion, the religious people tend to limit their posts on the topic to descriptions, and the atheists tend to limit their posts to "You guys are stupid/the cause of all the war in the world/talking to imaginary friends".

Hence: Its mostly the atheists who get butt hurt.

Disclaimer: Agnostic/Atheist here
    Pretty much sums me up. MMO-Champion is not the place for any meaningful discussion or debate on the matter of religion. Most of the time, the arguments amount to little more than the same arguments; regurgitated from baby's first New Atheism book, such as The God Delusion, God is Not Great, etc. Luckily, most people mature and grow out of their teenage New Atheist phase and into a state of general indifference; myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "I do not think christians read the bible, or else they wouldnt say these things"

Are you for real? If that's true then we'd have to kill every muslim in the world, because in Quoran there is a text about how Muhamad is saying that everyone who do not believe in Allah should be killed.

Do I see everyone killing Muslims? NO.
    Do I see every muslim killing other non-believers? NO.

Just because someone believes in the God from the Bible doesn't mean that they'll act like people from the Old Testament, time is changing and we(Christians) are trying to fit in the modern times. Religions are evolving( ) in their own way. Just because we believe in the God it doesn't mean that we don't believe in evolution or other things which were against Church in the medieval times. Sometimes people are too stupid to understand that...

You must be the smartest living being in the whole Universe.
    Could you perhaps tell me where it says so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    See that's the generalization again.

I have an athiest friend who is pretty much devoted on proving anyone who believes in religion wrong. Goes to athiest conventions, meetups, joined so many forums and groups about having no religion and how people with religion are stupid, but it's not just to laugh as a haha you're dumb, she goes hardcore into it. She's so into the concept of athiesm that while it not being a religion, she puts as much effort into it as christians do their god. Pretty sure she'd be at an athiest group every sunday, and continue to post what she always posts on facebook about the lack of god and such. It's almost a complete mirror to my christian friends, only instead of the word god, put not-god and that's what you get.

And then you have the athiests that just quietly keep to themselves. Some people don't believe in god because science science, some have more personal reasons. Saddly though, the current "mainstream" athiest assumes that if you don't believe in god it's due to logic versus any other possible idea you had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Religions are evolving( ) in their own way..
    This is made me chuckle ^^.