1. #4441
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    I understand your point but it was too late in the game for that. They had a keep left on that Lane we had no keeps left so as soon as we lost a team fight that was it we were done for, they would rush and win no matter what. This was our first chance at attacking the core and both teams were 20+
    This late into the game it's too much of an advantage to have a keep alive. 6 catapults will demolish your core way faster than 5+punisher vs 3 , so i still think that leaving punisher to dispatch the keep while you defend and get map coverage would be a better call, unless enemy have really strong specialists like Zagara, Murky or Azmo who cal just /lol wreck your core while you fight enemy. As long as you push the lanes away (and make sure that catapults are dead) and keep control over the battlefield enemy just can't "rush and win". That's granted you are at the same skill level, hero level and no cheesy specialists mentioned above (one game we won by me dropped Probius' permanent null gate sneaky enough for enemy to not notice and it just ate away enemy core while they were busy fighting us).

    Don't take this as an insult or a blame i just want to highlight that game is seen differently by players, you may miss something, others may notice it or vice-versa, coming to different conclusions about current situation, that's why communication is very important, i would say that it's even more important than in other similar games.

    And the most satisfying victory is when enemy chips away your core wile all your team members are dead, but 6 catapults + 4 siege mercs just blast away enemy core in a matter of seconds.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-08-07 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  2. #4442
    I got lately too much series of lost games instead of wins.

    Today i played unranked draft with Johanna, what was afk for half of match, and back at the end. Good i got chat disabled, or i could get easily mute.
    Whatever...

  3. #4443
    Hate it, fucking hate it when a Stitches - or Diablo - has OCD and has to press a button just b/c it's there. Four man retreat. Stitches already furthest away and the only one with significant health left. What does he do? Riiiight, pull the opponent's healthy Muradin in, who proceeds to slaughter the three of us while Stitches gets away.

  4. #4444
    Legendary! Nikkaszal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,503
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Hate it, fucking hate it when a Stitches - or Diablo - has OCD and has to press a button just b/c it's there. Four man retreat. Stitches already furthest away and the only one with significant health left. What does he do? Riiiight, pull the opponent's healthy Muradin in, who proceeds to slaughter the three of us while Stitches gets away.
    Dude I feel you

    A couple days ago I watched our Diablo flip the opposing Leoric right on top of our Jaina, saving him from the RoF she'd just put under him. Leoric beat the hell out of Jaina as she ran the hell away, and she had a clean getaway right until Diablo charged Leoric directly on top of her.

    -.-

    - - - Updated - - -

    Pulled off the greatest Artanis pick in my playing career tonight

    Stealthed Nova, through a vent on WHJ. Q'd in, fired blindly into the fog of war at where I expected she'd run to, and got the bitch

    =D
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  5. #4445
    Promotion game! Placment FP Illidan, they draft Arthas, he proceeds to try and fight Arthas all game and dies 10 times in 12 minutes, all the time telling us he's hard carrying and we suck.

    -2 as we were favoured going in, despite them all being in higher division... hidden mmr bs lol

    PLATINUM LEAGUE
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Alexstrasza, The Life Binder

    "There's no event in history, real or imagined, that wouldn't have turned out better for everyone involved if Picard was in charge."

  6. #4446
    Played 4 unrankeds today. 2 lost and 2 won.

    1 lost because no one focused actually Nova, so all of team anyway was feeded enemy team, even if most of team fights we had won.

    2 lost because everyone went thier own way so again feeding time.

    1 win was actually unexpected, because someone picked lost vikings and murky, so they feed us much well. Allthough the only supp we got, was Tassadar so no healing.

    2 win was actually easier than 1 since most of team fights we had won, and actually Garrosh did good job with wrecking ball.

    So yeah, not bad.
    Whatever...

  7. #4447
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,699
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    1 win was actually unexpected, because someone picked lost vikings and murky, so they feed us much well. Allthough the only supp we got, was Tassadar so no healing.
    You don't need healing when you can blow fools up fast. Level 20 cleaving archon is worth struggling for 20 minutes of no healing
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  8. #4448
    Cursed Hollow:

    Their team: Dehaka, Brightwing, Chromie, Greymane, Azmodan

    Our team: Lili, Diablo, Jaina, Zul'jin, Illidan (me).

    So we're 2/3 tributes, we manage to get a pick on Brightwing and Dehaka top lane, just as they die the tribute timer starts, i'm going "fuck yes we just won this" and leg it towards our boss telling the rest of our team to contest the tribute on their side of the map.
    And so they run for the tribute, the moment diablo starts channeling it and Chromie/Greymane shows up however, Lili fucks off, running towards me (in a very obvious manner) we lose the tribute, dehaka bushwookies after lili who leads him to boss where they kill us, get boss and continue to snowball the game to victory.

    "Lili, what the fuck? I can easily solo boss, I told you to get the tribute and I repeatedly pinged retreat on the boss, why the fuck did you leave the teamfight?"
    "Случайные кириллические слова"

    I'm so mad right now I might just have to kick a puppy.

  9. #4449
    Pandaren Monk RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,857
    What the fuck is happening again? Like 5th game in a draft mode over past 2 days where people just refuse to draft either a tank or support.

    So disgusted, I play draft modes because I want sensible games not just delayed motherfucking Quick Match. Seriously, people who are last to pick and we still miss a Warrior or Support should be prevented from picking other roles. It is so unfair, I either have to play 3 leaver games or eat another loss while wasting time.

  10. #4450
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    What the fuck is happening again? Like 5th game in a draft mode over past 2 days where people just refuse to draft either a tank or support.

    So disgusted, I play draft modes because I want sensible games not just delayed motherfucking Quick Match. Seriously, people who are last to pick and we still miss a Warrior or Support should be prevented from picking other roles. It is so unfair, I either have to play 3 leaver games or eat another loss while wasting time.
    I've got the same slighty yesterday, guy who wanted in my team play Stukow, he didin't get it so he went afk and when he back, we got Tychus. So easy lost game.
    Whatever...

  11. #4451
    Won 7 straight team league placement matches, ended 7/3 and in plat 1 with 15 points to promotion. I'm okay with that, won the promotion and got my diamond

    The awesome thing was not really my placement (while still fantastic, for me), it was my friends. We were 4 people having a LAN. Last time I did one was like 10-15 years ago. So much screaming, shouting and loud celebration happened. Was a BLAST!
    Well met!

  12. #4452
    Immortal Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    7,025
    Been playing over 200+ games in a matter of two weeks on the ladder in Hero League. Struggling to even get out of Platinum and have a 47,7% win rate with 104 wins, 114 losses. The amount of thrown games that I have seen as well as the complete jumbled mess of skill among players make having any significant impact on winning the game completely nullified. When I thought the ladder could not get worse with the last season, this one takes the cake.

  13. #4453
    First pick Tracer. On Braxis. Dies constantly. Flames our Sonya for being in solo lane.

    Get me out of platinum!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Second game: Guy picks butcher in Li Li/Johana

    WTF IS THIS
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Alexstrasza, The Life Binder

    "There's no event in history, real or imagined, that wouldn't have turned out better for everyone involved if Picard was in charge."

  14. #4454
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    WTF IS THIS
    Platinum in post-2.0 Heroes.
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  15. #4455
    Had a Stiches in the game after who refused to leave me as Xul soloing top/mid on BHB as our bot lane got swamped and Guldan who literally only lifedrained.

    I can't do anything to win these games.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Last game of the night, guy in draft says it's his second ever ranked game. My heart sank, but he just wanted some advice. He liked specialists so the team all helped him out with some Nazeebo builds and tips. Was a 30 min game but we won and the guy thanked us for helping him into ranked so kindly.

    For all that hell tonight, that game felt special
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Alexstrasza, The Life Binder

    "There's no event in history, real or imagined, that wouldn't have turned out better for everyone involved if Picard was in charge."

  16. #4456
    Melee guldan, specialist afked in the 1st minute. Just my li ming and sonya against a highly coordinated team. The healer was busy soloing mobs or attempting to solo the entire enemy team alone in lanes (but never objectives)

    We had...HAD...a chance at a come back after an amazing team kill. We went to the boss but the healer separated from us to kill mobs. Half the people at the boss died and the objective then comes up for the resurrected enemy team to capture.

    2nd match was...pure hell as Jaina. Had a team full of people with knock backs and yanks. Me and the li ming were losing our minds because the rest would CONSTANTLY USE these abilities without purpose or reason. The button is just available so i guess its time to use it! We kept missing our skill shots because the rest of the team constantly pushed them out of our AOE, away from our skill shots, out of danger or RIGHT INTO US to get us killed. Knockback is a tool! dont just waste it, it has to be used at the right moment for a good reason!

    It didn;t even matter if we waited to fire after the first knockback because we would miss our guess at where htey were being knocked back because 1) we couldnt possibly know which of the three idiots would use their knockback first 2) the others would immediately follow up with another knockback/yank/whatever. Once or twice these idiots even blocked li mings orb from getting kills by pushing enemy mobs into it. All out of sheer incompetence.

    There was one team fight where they AMAZINGLY made us miss EVERY skill shot. I wish i had recorded it. I had my ring ult perfectly set up at the start but it completely misses because of our brightwings ult. One after another my and li-mings abilities all miss because of our team mates moving them out of the way with perfect timing.

    had an amazing 3rd match as jaina after that though. was on fire from the start, getting kills with a burst build and setting up 34 assists. It feels so good to have people who take advantage of your setups for them.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-08-11 at 08:48 AM.

  17. #4457
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,699


    Just had a great game in general, one of first Tyrande wins after a huge loss streak. Felt really good, didn't whiffed much skillshots, always was in a proper position, lucked out with heals on teammates bunch of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  18. #4458
    Immortal Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    7,025
    2 wins - 10 losses today. The HL ladder is complete trash.

  19. #4459
    Pandaren Monk RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,857
    Can I get to play with people that:
    • Can draft a Tank when we already have a melee Assassin/Bruiser?
    • Can draft a Support that heals?
    • Can draft a decent carry when we already have Tassadar?
    • Can draft a solo laner on maps where it is important?
    • Can play Hero needed for draft instead of whatever they want to play?
    • Can draft a Hero good for map?
    • Understand soaking experience?
    • Understand not to fight before having Talent advantage when we are about to get it?
    • Look on map before engaging?
    • Who don't die in solo lane because their objective is to get experience and not kills in that phase?
    • Who know when to contest or give up objectives?
    • Who can give me a dash target when playing a Hero with ability to jump to allies?
    • Who understand some Heroes are not scoreboard whores despite being labeled as Assassin?
    • Who can learn from mistakes and take criticism just fine?

    Thank you!
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-08-14 at 01:13 PM.

  20. #4460
    All week I've been bitching to my friend that I'm getting non stop Tychus skins in boxes as legendaries. Like it's been every single legendary for weeks now. I hate Tychus with a passion and never play him.

    Just got an email from Blizzard thanking me for voting in the second year anniversary...

    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Alexstrasza, The Life Binder

    "There's no event in history, real or imagined, that wouldn't have turned out better for everyone involved if Picard was in charge."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •