1. #4601
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,469
    Had a great game two days ago. Completely silent lobby for infernal shrines. We had Jaina, Stitches, Azmodan, Uther (me) and Sonya prepicked. Ended up with Jaina, Tyrael , Sonya, Tyrande (me), Rehgar.
    Can't remember enemy setup, but they didn't had much peel and had KT and Malfurion definitely.

    The game started silent, we all rushed towards mid to get early pokes, managed to take down a tower, got 1 kill and lost Rehgar (i managed to get 5 stacks on E), then Sonya went to top and Jaina moved to bottom. Before first shrine we managed to get 4 more kills via roaming. No chat communication - single ping to a lane and Rehgar and Tyrael react to them, we move to unsuspecting victim and murder it.

    First shrine - it doesn't look good, we are way too separated, enemy already sit on the shrine as 5, we have only 2 guys (Tyrael and Sonya) on it, we understand that we are 20 seconds too late for this party... i thought that (as usual it happens) Sonya and Tyrael will jump in, die (maybe take someone with them) and we'll end up with 3vs4 without anyone tanking but... They didn't, they silently sat in the smoke clouds, waiting for us to approach. Count number goes up... 30... 33... 36... we engage and wipe them all with surgical precision but they manage to get the Punisher.
    This keeps happening again and again - the only lacking part from our side was mercs, Rehgar was too busy roaming and stopping convection from stacking (announcing amount of stacks every now and then) and Jaina being late with her RoF (but usually Judgement+Lunar Strike+Doge bite was enough to take down Malfurion and secure the teamfight).

    It kept happening through the game but we just couldn't push fast enough, game dragged out, both teams are 20+, we understand that our advantage is blown away so we start making cheeky kills on separated enemies (get 7 stacks of shooting stars, approach unsuspecting enemy, drop lunar strike on top of his head, as soon as stun disappears he'll eat another 1k+ lunar strike which kills almost anyone). Then we blew it.

    We successfully pushed top lane with Fallen Shaman merc and Khazra merc into enemy Keep and we got attacked from two sides - me, Jaina, and Rehgar were tagged and drawn away from gates to the keep by Azmodan, Kerrigan and someone else, but both Tyrael and Sonya kept pushing. While we were too busy dealing with these 3 we were too late to notice what's happened to Tyrael and Sonya. Rehgar started running to throw Ancestral Healing but it was too late. Sonya and Tyrael, both at less than half HP. Both stunned by KT, grass sprouting behind them, Twilight Dream unveiling and convection-complete double flamestrike beginning to form under their feet. And to secure that - a giant Globe flying over our heads to finish them off. All of us died, except Rehgar. He managed to finish off wounded, greedy Kerrigan and started returning to base at half health. He stopped.

    We had our base somewhat safe - all lanes were on enemy side we had all out keeps intact, but they were 4 against Rehgar. With extremely strong push from Azmodan and KT. Rehgar decided to do something crazy - leaving enemy for 60 seconds like that would end the game, it was more than enough time for them to just punch through everything and finish. Rehgar continued to do what we started doing on top. He demolished the keep, and as soon as enemy got to our keep he started punching enemy core forcing them to retreat. He waited patiently until it's too late for them to cancel hearthstones, exposing himself to danger, but managed to escape anyways. He was our hero, he saved the game.

    I respawned with enough falling star stacks to get an easy kill but i needed someone to make sure that enemy can stand still for about a second. Rehgar took some camps instead of hearthing, so i came to him and typed "bait KT" in chat as soon as i spotted him from Shadowmeld. Rehgar froze in place. KT started walking towards him. I aimed my Lunar Strike at the position he would take to throw in a stun and it worked, 3 more auto-attacks, second Lunar Flare was released and KT died. Now it was as easy as rightclicking the core.

    We won this and it was the most satisfying hero league victory on this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  2. #4602
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    We don't have any official player numbers since Blizzard isn't releasing them, but they've kinda painted themselves into a corner. Quick Match is, well, quick and easy to get into, but you get some crazy imbalanced matchups that discourage a lot of people. Hero League is a mess thanks to a string of bad decisions on the side of Blizzard. Team League is only really fun if you're a full team of 5, but then you have to wait obscene amounts of time to get into games. That leaves Unranked where everyone congregates. Solo-queuers, partial groups, and the tryhard groups of 5 that can't be bothered to wait for the TL queue to pop. There's honestly not a whole lot of incentive to hold on to new players currently.
    I won't lie, I'm playing unranked mostly myself xD QM has actually longer queues and when you finally get into a game it has no tank and no healer unless I pick one (but then, the second role is missing). I think it can be solved by playing with friend but it's simply not worth it - unranked lets me adjust pick based on team comps, bans and of course - map. Then I'm also playing TL for the mount (this season is meh but the bear from last season is something I couldn't miss)

  3. #4603
    Pretty much just a rant about the attitude in ranked...

    Hotslogs has me at between Platinum/Diamond over 2000 games, but at single player ranked I fully admit, I don't understand the draft. Over the past seasons I have achieved anything from just playing Li Li and getting to Platinum 1, and doing my best and getting placed in Silver 1. It's okay, I just want to play. I just get the feeling, MMR isn't really consistent, but I don't care.

    So in the current season I'll start my drafting games, and pretty quickly I'm down to silver. There goes the draft: 1 tank, 1AA dd, 1 mage, me, and player 5. Player 5 prepicks Li Li, so I'll pick Tyrande, because she does nice sustain damage and I have a decent win rate with her (like 57%) and I think some second support to Li Li would be nice. A storm of outrage occurs, "Tyrande sucks" and is really useless.

    The countdown goes down and I just don't know what to pick, I pick her and say "hey guys, it's okay, I think it'll work out". Player 5 flames me - "you don't pick what I want, I'll ruin your game" - switches to Gazlowe and mentions how he hasn't played him for a year. He tried to blame this for the whole game on me ("you brought this on yourself"), even though I would have picked a healer, if I didn't think he would.

    We tried everything, the game dragged on for over half an hour, and even Gazlowe played in his lane - and only there. After we had some ambition to win, he began to sabotage the operation.

    Needless to say without a real healer we would have lost anyway, I got top Healing and Damage overall. Still was the one to blame.

    Got put with the same guy for the next two games. Third game again, I cancel the draft - no punishment. The fourth game I'll state that "I can't really play tank" (I never said I wouldn't!). Reaction: "THEN WTF U PLAY RANKED" and a flamewar occured, about how selfish I am. I tried to explain that I really would, but that it wasn't in the interest of everyone involved with my tank winrate. Meanwhile everyone else picked just what they liked to play without any form of communication. It went like this for like 10 games after which I quit for good.

    I don't know, but ranked just doesn't work for me. I don't care about my rank, I just want the odd game for fun. I have tried for years now, and every time it works out like that. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. :-( So back to QM^^
    Last edited by captmcneil; 2017-10-10 at 02:18 AM.

  4. #4604
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,469
    Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    Pretty much just a rant about the attitude in ranked...

    Hotslogs has me at between Platinum/Diamond over 2000 games, but at single player ranked I fully admit, I don't understand the draft. Over the past seasons I have achieved anything from just playing Li Li and getting to Platinum 1, and doing my best and getting placed in Silver 1. It's okay, I just want to play. I just get the feeling, MMR isn't really consistent, but I don't care.
    your MMR is very consistent, the thing is - hotslogs doesn't know your MMR, it extrapolates your stats and makes up your MMR. It's not accurate to what blizzard uses. Especially (no offense) considering that you struggle with draft, and hotslogs puts you in play/diamond MMR - lo-fucking-l.

    And usually if you manage to get anywhere high by playing one character - it's a huge luck streak, then if you can keep up with changed draft - you stay where you are (like i've got into play by spamming Tyrande last season, got about 20 wins, then started drafting properly (between Zarya, Tyrande, Raynor/Zul, Morales/Uther, D.va) and kept my plat rating.

    Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    So in the current season I'll start my drafting games, and pretty quickly I'm down to silver. There goes the draft: 1 tank, 1AA dd, 1 mage, me, and player 5. Player 5 prepicks Li Li, so I'll pick Tyrande, because she does nice sustain damage and I have a decent win rate with her (like 57%) and I think some second support to Li Li would be nice. A storm of outrage occurs, "Tyrande sucks" and is really useless.

    The countdown goes down and I just don't know what to pick, I pick her and say "hey guys, it's okay, I think it'll work out". Player 5 flames me - "you don't pick what I want, I'll ruin your game" - switches to Gazlowe and mentions how he hasn't played him for a year. He tried to blame this for the whole game on me ("you brought this on yourself"), even though I would have picked a healer, if I didn't think he would.
    You've got placed where blizzard think you should be, considering anyone saying "Tyrande sucks" - i'd throw a guess that they haven't been playing a lot of hots, so yeah, that around silver-early gold. And you don't get demoted from plat to silver in one game, so you've seen that coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    Got put with the same guy for the next two games. Third game again, I cancel the draft - no punishment. The fourth game I'll state that "I can't really play tank" (I never said I wouldn't!). Reaction: "THEN WTF U PLAY RANKED" and a flamewar occured, about how selfish I am. I tried to explain that I really would, but that it wasn't in the interest of everyone involved with my tank winrate. Meanwhile everyone else picked just what they liked to play without any form of communication. It went like this for like 10 games after which I quit for good.
    There is an option that stops matchmaker from matching you with players, i think it's below report player button. When people start talking on what they can and can not play in short window of drafting heroes - it's annoying. Especially when, say, one guy goes AFK for 2 minutes without prepick, the returns and says "i can't play tank guys sorry".
    Sorry to not be compassionate, but it doesn't seem right and i'd guess that you embellish a lot of what happened to "win" forum on your side (which this thread complains boil down to - we have one side blaming other for all faults and mistakes, aka "we definitely lost this game because of this troll pick, not because we were ranting in chat @20 minute and got piled on while doing that).
    Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    I don't know, but ranked just doesn't work for me. I don't care about my rank, I just want the odd game for fun. I have tried for years now, and every time it works out like that. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. :-( So back to QM^^
    If you want fun games i wouldn't advice you to go QM, unranked draft will help you with your draft problems, QM is just cancer of HotS. Most likely your draft is wrong, or you play at very low level (or you are like one friend of mine who plays Chromie/Ming on a laptop with touch pad and 1024x768 resolution. Fuck that even sounds ridiculous)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  5. #4605
    Pandaren Monk RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,807
    Man, why am I always losing Promotion games on first try. Would be a nice change of pace to win it from time to time.

    EDIT: And of course I got to get losing streak after that, I hate my life. Special thanks to ETC who fed whole game to allow me sink deeper.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-10-10 at 07:52 AM.

  6. #4606
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you want fun games i wouldn't advice you to go QM, unranked draft will help you with your draft problems, QM is just cancer of HotS. Most likely your draft is wrong, or you play at very low level (or you are like one friend of mine who plays Chromie/Ming on a laptop with touch pad and 1024x768 resolution. Fuck that even sounds ridiculous)
    about this bit - yes, QM is cancer but it's the only way to level specific heroes outside of vs ai (unless you want to be a dick to your team and just pick whatever you want, team composition be damned)

    anyway, another rant about QM matchmaking, but i'm not going to be crying about unbalanced matchups in general, but rather something that's been bugging me for some time already:

    1. specialist vs assassin. yes, i know that specialist doesn't only mean 'pve focused hero' but let's be honest here, assassins usually have way more cc / escape / ability to chase than specialists (if we average all assassin chars vs all specialist chars), and cc is how you win games in wood league / random QM. the problem i've been seeing is that matchmaking tends to put plenty of assassins and no specialists on 1 team, and plenty of specialists on the other team, which means that the specialist team more often than not have no hopes of winning team fights (while yes, they might have much more pushing power). and it keeps me wondering, why not split those assassins and specialists through the teams, i know sometimes its not possible cause ppl queue together but i've seen often enough teams where there's been noone in pt or 2 ppl at most and they had something like 3 specialists 2 supports (or a support and warrior) on 1 team and 3-4 assasins and 1-2 supports (or warrior, support and 3 assasins) on the other.

    2. this i've been seeing while queueing with a buddy, and its that we often run as a 2 stack + 3 randoms vs 5 stacks... srsly, at least give us another 2-3 stack against this...

    any of you guys seeing this too in QM, or its just the fact that humans tend to remember unpleasant experiences more + confirmation bias? :P

  7. #4607
    Does anybody else get those squishy feeders (assassins & specialists) with dmg done less than everyone's else in the game including pure tanks and supports?

  8. #4608
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Does anybody else get those squishy feeders (assassins & specialists) with dmg done less than everyone's else in the game including pure tanks and supports?
    All the time. There's a severe lack of incentives to learn in this game, sadly.
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  9. #4609
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    All the time. There's a severe lack of incentives to learn in this game, sadly.
    Another unrankeds done - 3 squishy assassins first picks again. 10 deaths first pick Kael doing shit damage? You got it!

    One game we managed to win because I went Tyrael and gace 0 f*cks about lanes and team fights. I captueed 14 merc camps and paid so much that cannons fired 5 or 6 times (and enemies were too busy chasing Tracer on whole map lol) and their cannons fired 0 times.

    Other than that - all lost. Next time I'm just gonna play along and pick 4th squishy encouraging last pick to do the same.

  10. #4610
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    your MMR is very consistent, the thing is - hotslogs doesn't know your MMR, it extrapolates your stats and makes up your MMR. It's not accurate to what blizzard uses.
    [...]
    And you don't get demoted from plat to silver in one game, so you've seen that coming.
    [...]
    If you want fun games i wouldn't advice you to go QM, unranked draft will help you with your draft problems, QM is just cancer of HotS. Most likely your draft is wrong, or you play at very low level (or you are like one friend of mine who plays Chromie/Ming on a laptop with touch pad and 1024x768 resolution. Fuck that even sounds ridiculous)
    Well, I don't think you understood what I was complaining about. First, after 2000 games, Hotslogs should have SOME accuracy. There are many reasons to question HotsLogs, for example that they have to use their own algorithms ("similar to Microsoft's TrueSkill"). But you can always view the profiles of your colleagues after a QM to get a feeling or to double check. But that's not my point at all. You can see it mostly from your game experience.

    The point is, as terrible as QM might be for some, I find it so much more enjoyable than my ranked experience in Silver 1. The fact that you find QM so toxic makes me believe you have a similar 'problem', just with QM. If your QM rank is much lower than ranked, you may have a worse match experience there simply because of that. My experience with QM is actually pretty good. I have played in Plat and Gold and have seen the difference by now. Which makes me believe my QM rank is quite alright. I just hate that your rank defines your experience so much, that's all.

    I have no problem with losing and acknowledging my limitations - I have a problem with toxic people who ruin the game. And silver is full of it. If you can't play a game properly just because you're not in platinum because of players who are really not any better than you, I think there is something seriously wrong with the punishment system of the game.

    I mean, in silver, playing your character really well is sometimes or often more important than to have a better comp. Comfort picks are sort of a no-no in plat, but in silver... yes, please. Most players will not understand the pros or cons of a draft anyway. But if you can't pick your A heroes most of the time just because someone will sabotage the game when you do, that's not fun.

    Besides, if anyone flames you for playing badly, despite you trying your best, he just can't be right - because it's is also his fault he is still in your bracket - right?
    Last edited by captmcneil; 2017-10-11 at 08:27 PM.

  11. #4611
    Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    because it's is also his fault he is still in your bracket - right?
    It's not how it works in HotS. In HotS everyone is matched with everyone. Diamond with unranked, Platinum with Bronze against Golds. Sometimes you face a fully pre-made diamond team with average winrate in TL of 65% while your team, doing last call placements has an average winrate of 45% and average player level 3 times lower.

    So in the end it doesn't matter how good or bad you play when it comes to matching and that's why some people quit.

  12. #4612
    Pandaren Monk RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,807
    I have finally been demoted, thanks to all the random drafts.

    Ignoring HL for the rest of the season because the next patch will bring some horrible maps back into rotation and Unranked is just better quality.

  13. #4613
    My brain gets error whenever I try to understand some people' plays. I'm on such a massive losing streak and all games except one were very one sided. The one game was doing very well untill Jaina and Arthas decided to go 2vs5 ;_;

  14. #4614
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    My brain gets error whenever I try to understand some people' plays. I'm on such a massive losing streak and all games except one were very one sided. The one game was doing very well untill Jaina and Arthas decided to go 2vs5 ;_;
    That's ok, you literally can't understand anyone plays because you don't know all the variables that the other player have. And also there is a risk factor, when player takes a risky move and expects good outcome, but in the end gets bad one. Like me not knowing a situation with your Jaina and Arthas and not believing into this "decided to go 2vs5" thing, because neither do you know what information they had and which "plan" they were following.

    I've been in a situation when 2 players tried to gank one (and sometimes i even was this one) just to get ambushed and killed by whole team, because they risked in and wanted to pop him quickly, instead, fight 2v1 fight dragged long enough and 1 player manage to tie them up for enough time for team to arrive and kill them. Yeah, that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  15. #4615
    Climbing out of gold is killing this game for me, I'm nearly done but fuck me it's taken weeks of the most demoralising drafts ever. Thanks horrible placement games
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Junkrat, the Junker Demolitionist

    "Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged."

  16. #4616
    Pandaren Monk RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,807
    So I play ETC and we have pretty squishy team (Valla, Kel'thuzad, Malfurion and Malthael) vs Illidan, Artanis, Garrosh, Sylvanas and Morales. Yes, their team is not ideal as is ours, despite enemy team having an indentity crisis they still possess a dangerous dive and potential for isolation kills.

    ETC is great pick as he can interrupt both Artanis and Garrosh when they try to combo, so naturally I play passive to peel for my team while they posture up. I interrupt most attempts for isolation kills and Valla goes into melee range versus Garrosh because she started to be cocky. He throws her over the wall and he starts to ping me and say I am 'lousy' Tank. I explain to him why I play that way and that he shouldn't go into melee range against Garrosh as he still has the throw up after I interrupt his pull. If I played aggressive I risked my backline to be vulnerable towards dive and I wouldn't be able to move back to save them in time.

    He says nothing, but when I push back one target out of Kel'thuzad's ability because he overstepped on Valla once again and was about get swapped by Artanis he starts to complain once again. I say sorry to Kel'thuzad to butcher his combo, but I had to do it so save Valla from getting swapped behind enemy fort by Artanis.

    I mean, he was pretty good player and we dominated the game even with my lousy play. Had great Mosh Pits and peeled for them really well, nobody but the Valla died when I was near (The other deaths were picks).

    After the game he whispers me that I should calm down my ego as I am in platinum for a reason and starts to smug about him being Master. Talk something about ego, right? Was I wrong..?
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-10-14 at 01:03 PM.

  17. #4617
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,469
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Was I wrong..?
    Is it that important?

    IMO - your team couldn't threat Morales at all, so she was free to heal whenever she wanted and for as long as she wanted. You don't have anything to punch through Artanis and Garrosh... so, yeah, from the very beginning your chances were quite low.

    I don't believe that Valla and KTZ "went" into melee range against Garrosh, more likely it was him playing good and reaching them mounted when they were clearing lanes (pushed by Sylv) alone, then they had no escape (KTZ literally have no escape and Vallas Vault still puts her into range of Garrosh groundbreaker, so if he had some help in sense of damage he can easily kill them.

    And again - time wasn't on your side, Artanis and Illidan will ramp their damage through the game significantly, KTZ, if he went for D&D build, (which he should do by the way) could do devastating damage on Artanis and Illidan if played well but... there is a Morales in backline who simply will heal through his burst. So it was the question "if we can setup a kill on Morales before fight or locking down Morales and Illidan in a moshpit for D&D and Valla burst to pop them both", which is quite hard to do against opponents who play well.

    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I push back one target out of Kel'thuzad's ability
    Game is long and shit happens, players are not connected to a hive mind and can't reliably predict what the fuck each of them do.

    So yeah, your game could end well only in case of enemies overextending or exposing themselves, they had better push, they had better defense and basically had an answer to anything you do. While you didn't, so you had to defensively wait and capitalize on their misplays, which apparently you did, good job.

    Dunno where this "ego" argument came form, probably from chat.

    Also it would be really neat for us, fellow players to upload replays with posts like "i don't get it my team plays like shit"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  18. #4618
    Pandaren Monk RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    *Snip*
    I think you missed the fact we won in a dominant fashion. We won and he still started to insult me after the game.

    During the game, he used Vault aggressively to chase down Garrosh under their towers who did quick turn around and threw him over the wall. He started to spam me with pings and told me I am 'lousy' as I should head first under enemy towers to soak shots so he doesn't take damage. I just used Powerslide before that to get kill on Artanis or Illidan, don't remember, and since I knew Garrosh still had his throw ready I didn't walk up to enemy wall to get thrown over the wall. Sounds reasonable no? I asked him to stop pinging me and explained to him why I play defensive and that he should respect Garrosh's cooldown.

    2 minutes after that I pushed somebody out of Kel'thuzad's Frost Nova and Valla started to spam ping me again with Kel'thuzad joining him for few seconds telling me I shouldn't use push when he throws a combo. Which I obviously know and told him that I had to use it to save Valla with interrupting swap. Valla kept pinging for fun I guess. Since asking kindly didn't work before I told them if they won't stop with it, they can play without Tank. After that no pings and very clean path to victory.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-10-14 at 02:43 PM.

  19. #4619
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,469
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I think you missed the fact we won in a dominant fashion. We won and he still started to insult me after the game.
    No, i said that your odds were really small and you had to capitalize on enemy mistakes to win, instead of making plays, which you apparently did.
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    During the game, he used Vault aggressively to chase down Garrosh under their towers who did quick turn around and threw him over the wall. He started to spam me with pings and told me I am 'lousy' as I should head first under enemy towers to soak shots so he doesn't take damage. I just used Powerslide before that to get kill on Artanis or Illidan, don't remember, and since I knew Garrosh still had his throw ready I didn't walk up to enemy wall to get thrown over the wall. Sounds reasonable no? I asked him to stop pinging me and explained to him why I play defensive and that he should respect Garrosh's cooldown.
    That's one way of doing things, probably he overestimated his own damage (because it's Garrosh and to be frank, rare players do actually factor armour into their predictions), and wasn't paying attention to his allies using abilities.
    I usually just block pings from a person after shit like that, no one likes angry pingers.

    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    2 minutes after that I pushed somebody out of Kel'thuzad's Frost Nova and Valla started to spam ping me again with Kel'thuzad joining him for few seconds telling me I shouldn't use push when he throws a combo. Which I obviously know and told him that I had to use it to save Valla with interrupting swap. Valla kept pinging for fun I guess. Since asking kindly didn't work before
    Yep, definitely ping-block worthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I told them if they won't stop with it, they can play without Tank. After that no pings and very clean path to victory.
    And that's where this "ego" things came from? I hate when players pull this shit, it reminds me of little kid with the ball "if i have to stand on gates i'm going home and take my ball with me!". From my experience saying this kind of things doesn't improve anything in game, because it's an empty threat: if you really go afk because of pings you are going to be reported and if you happen to continue that - banned; if you don't - what did exactly that mini-tantrum accomplished? It's not like they are insulting or griefing, they are just being obtuse, it's just pointless went from people with attitude problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  20. #4620
    Pandaren Monk RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, i said that your odds were really small and you had to capitalize on enemy mistakes to win, instead of making plays, which you apparently did.
    Yeah, exactly. I adjusted the playstyle to a pressuring and countering gameplan, you slowly move towards them and try to intercept anything they try use on you. It worked really good whole game, but apparently Valla player had different idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's one way of doing things, probably he overestimated his own damage (because it's Garrosh and to be frank, rare players do actually factor armour into their predictions), and wasn't paying attention to his allies using abilities.
    I am not wondering Garrosh is sporting high winrate anywhere outside of HGC. The Hero is deceptive when it comes to his vulnerability and people have hard time respecting his combo and it's range.

    However he certainly is tricky Hero to play against. Against Stitches it is slightly easier as you either try to stay far away from Hooks or close the gap as fast as possible to nulify the chance of pick. Closing in on Garrosh doesn't do that as he can still throw you into his team when you go into melee range, by doing that you just increase your chances of saving the guy.

    I think ETC is really good counter against Garrosh as he can interrupt his combo. You just dance on the edge of a blade, countering his engage and allowing your Range Carry to punish him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I usually just block pings from a person after shit like that, no one likes angry pingers.
    This might be my naivity, but I rarely block people because I like to keep it open for communication. You never know, even the biggest dick in the world might have something sensible and truthful to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And that's where this "ego" things came from? I hate when players pull this shit, it reminds me of little kid with the ball "if i have to stand on gates i'm going home and take my ball with me!". From my experience saying this kind of things doesn't improve anything in game, because it's an empty threat: if you really go afk because of pings you are going to be reported and if you happen to continue that - banned; if you don't - what did exactly that mini-tantrum accomplished? It's not like they are insulting or griefing, they are just being obtuse, it's just pointless went from people with attitude problems
    Guess so. As I said though, I don't block people and I certainly wouldn't start to grief for reasons you mentioned.

    It wasn't tantrum, it might have been empty threat but it helped to get across a point that I don't like to be a target of bullying. If you disagree with me or my tactic, fine. However show some respect as clearly we are dependant on each other if we want to accomplish something.

    It is not like I dismissed his point, in fact I tried to posture up for him more but not as far as to leave rest of a team vulnerable.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-10-14 at 06:00 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •