Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    I don't know if you know this, but you can take ingame screenshots by pressing the "PrntScn" on the top right of your keyboard, then simply upload that clean image from to the internet straight from the game's screenshot directory (Documents>Heroes of the Storm> ImageUpload> Screenshot). No need to use a camera to take a picture of your monitor.

I have lightshot installed on my desktop so every time I press my prntscreen button it kicks me out of HOTS :/ I usually have the game being recorded, so I usually take a screenshot from the video editor I use, but I was in a hurry and the alternative was my phone camera

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    World's best Zagara with 1550 games under her belt who has no clue what Abathur is and then proceeds to start namecalling and AFKing the match after I pointed out I was doing more damage than her. I hope these fucking cunts go die in a literal fire. These people are the reason humanity hasn't advanced to the next level of technology yet.
    i think you should put abathur down for a bit, you're taking yourself to an early grave

Whoa. Just had the worst QM game and I doubt I will have a worse game ever.

So, QM. On my smurf account with low MMR I just go Nova to screw some noobs up (the kind that get brought to 30% hp, go to healing well and come right out of the gates to get sniped, lol). So I join a game and I get... 3 bots. 3 bots. And it's not the usual 3 bots. Bots atleast constantly play. These laggers just interrupt bot flow with their reconnects. So basically it's 2v5. Second human player = butcher.

Not a surprise he's a complete imbecile.

So literally I just had a game 1v5. And as Nova, I cannot poke against 3-5 people when my team mates are far away.

So I get constantly get kicked for afk

do you believe this shit?

I got roflstomped plenty of times, because matchmaking does not exist, but I got used to it and playing since early alpha (since ~Tychus release). But this just takes the cake. Not only you cannot do anything, you get kicked for afk.

wow

Lost my faith in hots, such a terrible design.

wow

My mind is literally blown how this design makes for these unplayable terrible batshit crazy retarded experiences.

wow

I doubt anyone had worse experience with hots.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Spider Queen QM. Our team is Uther, Zeratul, Raynor, Nazeebro and me as Abathur.
    And the enemies, oh boy. Abathur. Zeratul. Nova. And seemingly as an afterthought, Kerrigan and LiLi.
    I thought my life would be living hell. That couldn't be further from the truth. Enemy Zeratul just straight up ignored me, but Nova went on a hunt after some wicked teamfight where I sniped her. Watching the replay, I could see that she wandered throughout all 3 lanes trying to find me, when in reality I was inside my Ultimate Evolution. And just as I popped back right beside her, she twitched and sniped me, forgetting that the fort blocked me from her. After that I kited her around, and she died to fort, slowed to a crawl. After a moment of calrity I decided to move back into the inner circle of walls, and in hindsight that was a wise decision, because Nova was even angrier and just gave up on everything and spent most of her time hunting me.
    Enemy Abathur was quite weird with his mixed build not quite hat and not quite push, including Volatile Mutation at lvl16. And Evolve Monstrosity. Seriously, who takes that on Spider Queen, even more so when you have 2 stealh burst assassins on your team just waiting to be copied. Plus he made tons of lethal mistakes, like running out of the gates, not leaving the lane where our team was pushing, and stuff. One time I even killed him by symbioting with a minion and spiking his fat ass, which he completely ignored, too invested into controlling the Monstrosity.

All in all, it was rather fun, especially at the beginning. They were never behind on levels, so it wasn't a roflstomp for us, but still their chances of winning were quite slim, with only 1 our fort down at 20:00 mark, while their were all destroyed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    And Evolve Monstrosity. Seriously, who takes that on Spider Queen
    Master Abathur here; it's very useful on the map, though considering the map I can see why people wouldn't think so. It's great to have a passive, fire and forget extra body on the field that can be moved between the lanes for maximum farm potential - it can get up to 30 stacks within a minute - allowing you to pretty much instantly field another body on the battleground that will first of all never despawn like Ultimate Evolution, therefore it can potentially have a 100% up time (which is entirely possible on this map, considering how easy it is to move between the lanes to heal up quickly and you can retreat to a fort just as so) for a unit that can basically put out hero levels of AA dmg, soak tower shots for fort pushes, and does not feed EXP (Like Ult Evo does if you die), and secondly can be left to it's own devices in a lane while everyone else is busy in team fight (usually a confrontation at boss).

From what you described, it seemed more likely that the enemy Abathur was simply inexperienced, as defaulted to using Monstrosity instead simply because he knew how to play it. As I said; it's a fire and forget body that you can always come back to and with hatting is very easy to use. Ultimate Evolution on the other hand, requires some knowledge of the hero you wish to clone. If he never played that hero (ie, Zeratul and Nova) he may have felt too intimidated. Mana isn't a problem when cloning, since you do not have enough CDs to get to OOM before the clone dissipates, but proper ability use is a must. Cloning another healer like Li Li isn't a strong use of the ultimate in most situations.

Yeah abathur can be so frustrating

Whenever I pick up Hivemind and the two melee in my team suddenly decide to always fight completely different people and stay as far away as humanly possible from eachother.

I'll pick locust nest I swear >:l

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a terrible time in Quick Match lately. So many games lost just because the matchmaking decided for me to fight premades and have team mates who don't respond fast enough to assists in lanes or objectives. The enemy team is just constantly steamrolling or is incredibly lucky that my team decides to split up and get picked off one by one in the late game. I'm really getting tired of waiting for Blizzard to implement the necessary changes to make the matchmaking bearable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I've had a terrible time in Quick Match lately. So many games lost just because the matchmaking decided for me to fight premades and have team mates who don't respond fast enough to assists in lanes or objectives. The enemy team is just constantly steamrolling or is incredibly lucky that my team decides to split up and get picked off one by one in the late game. I'm really getting tired of waiting for Blizzard to implement the necessary changes to make the matchmaking bearable.
    I've stopped doing QM atm due to the shitty matchmaking, Hero League if I want to play actual games, Vs AI if I want to do quests.

Deleted
    I ended up in a rut in hero league in the rank 20's after playing with some friends that were terrible.

The climb has been steady with limited play time and i'm at rank 8 now. Johanna is my carrying beast, current sporting a W17 L3 record with her in hero league.

The difficulty never seems to go up, as the rank goes up, though. I'm not sure hero league rank even means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Master Abathur here; it's very useful on the map, though considering the map I can see why people wouldn't think so. It's great to have a passive, fire and forget extra body on the field that can be moved between the lanes for maximum farm potential - it can get up to 30 stacks within a minute - allowing you to pretty much instantly field another body on the battleground that will first of all never despawn like Ultimate Evolution, therefore it can potentially have a 100% up time (which is entirely possible on this map, considering how easy it is to move between the lanes to heal up quickly and you can retreat to a fort just as so) for a unit that can basically put out hero levels of AA dmg, soak tower shots for fort pushes, and does not feed EXP (Like Ult Evo does if you die), and secondly can be left to it's own devices in a lane while everyone else is busy in team fight (usually a confrontation at boss).

From what you described, it seemed more likely that the enemy Abathur was simply inexperienced, as defaulted to using Monstrosity instead simply because he knew how to play it. As I said; it's a fire and forget body that you can always come back to and with hatting is very easy to use. Ultimate Evolution on the other hand, requires some knowledge of the hero you wish to clone. If he never played that hero (ie, Zeratul and Nova) he may have felt too intimidated. Mana isn't a problem when cloning, since you do not have enough CDs to get to OOM before the clone dissipates, but proper ability use is a must. Cloning another healer like Li Li isn't a strong use of the ultimate in most situations.
    It is great to have a body, but I find that on small maps, such as spider queen and especially haunted mines, monstrosities just don't live. People are constantly killing waves for those crystals, and when walking between lanes you'll definitely get yourself enemies on your tail, and while you guide your monstrosity to evade all that, you are not simbioting your allies.
    I've never really tried push build on such maps for the same reason - heroes are almost always present in all lanes. On a map like Blackheart Bay enemy would have to run all across the map to clear a beefy wave of shielded minions. But on the spider one lanes are at a spitting distance, and stopping a monstrosity, let alone a bunch of locusts, is quick and easy. At least in my experience.

And Evolve Monstrosity. Seriously, who takes that on Spider Queen
    Monstro on every map. Especially Spider Queen.

30 stack Monstro >>>>>>> UE for teamfights!

But obviously you have to be smart and keep it alive since it's a small map.

- - - Updated - - -

It is great to have a body, but I find that on small maps, such as spider queen and especially haunted mines, monstrosities just don't live. People are constantly killing waves for those crystals, and when walking between lanes you'll definitely get yourself enemies on your tail, and while you guide your monstrosity to evade all that, you are not simbioting your allies.
    I've never really tried push build on such maps for the same reason - heroes are almost always present in all lanes. On a map like Blackheart Bay enemy would have to run all across the map to clear a beefy wave of shielded minions. But on the spider one lanes are at a spitting distance, and stopping a monstrosity, let alone a bunch of locusts, is quick and easy. At least in my experience.
    Yeah on small maps you can't spawn a Monstro and leave it alone. True to some extent of big maps as well. You only want to spawn it if (a) you can pilot it, (b) the enemy team is preoccupied elsewhere, (c) you can plant it in a lane behind your own team or (d) you can spawn/pilot it to a place where it'll have a long walk back to the lane so you have time to get back to it after a teamfight (risky).

On the flip side, on a small map you can retreat your Monstro faster as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

hero league. tomb of the spider queen. my team mocks the enemy for choosing "pve heroes" and then gets stomped by them.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Monstro on every map. Especially Spider Queen.

30 stack Monstro >>>>>>> UE for teamfights!

But obviously you have to be smart and keep it alive since it's a small map.

Yeah on small maps you can't spawn a Monstro and leave it alone. True to some extent of big maps as well. You only want to spawn it if (a) you can pilot it, (b) the enemy team is preoccupied elsewhere, (c) you can plant it in a lane behind your own team or (d) you can spawn/pilot it to a place where it'll have a long walk back to the lane so you have time to get back to it after a teamfight (risky).

On the flip side, on a small map you can retreat your Monstro faster as well.
    Monstrosity can indeed turn the teamfight in your favor, especially if you ambush the enemy from behind with it. But a UE Jaina can help burst down the enemy so much, it will be over in seconds. Or sniping a squishy with nova/zeratul at the start of the teamfight, and then the real one will finish the scattered remains.
    By the way, concerning your d) point - I love the Adrenaline Boost talent in regards to that - you just sprint with your monstrosity towards your base, and can safely disconnect from it to take care of more important things.

Ah, so many decisions, the fun of playing Abathur. Always improving yourself, striving for perfection. Evolution never over.

another team who cant team fight worth a dam. every garden terror we went for, the enemy showed up and stomped us into the ground. I did more damage to the enemy as LiLi then Illidan did.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2015-07-30 at 09:23 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I was in an AI game with a friend last night as Muradin (she only likes playing vrs AI) and we had a really bad Rayner who was only interested in laning on the Raven Lord map. Rayner wasn’t helping with tributes so it was 50/50 on getting them and it was inevitable near the end that they would get the third tribute finally so we went about releasing waves of mercenaries from our side to thiers so all the mercs hit at once and I figured we were solid easily win the enemy core, sit back, gg.

Then my friend told me in vent, “OMG they are pushing our core!” and we were way out of position. I teleported back to base alone to face 4 ai enemies and 3 ai lost vikings. I dwarf toss, aoe hammer, stun hammer, haymaker all 7 into the top fort and cannon they didn’t take down, reset all but haymaker with Rewind, dwarf toss, aoe hammer and everything explodes except for Malfurion who dies to my stun hammer throw. The core hits 3% and the game screams, “HERO OF THE STORM!”

The enemy core falls a few seconds later and my friend says on vent, “Blink.... Blink.... Blink.”

I can now die in peace.

Monstrosity can indeed turn the teamfight in your favor, especially if you ambush the enemy from behind with it. But a UE Jaina can help burst down the enemy so much, it will be over in seconds. Or sniping a squishy with nova/zeratul at the start of the teamfight, and then the real one will finish the scattered remains.
    By the way, concerning your d) point - I love the Adrenaline Boost talent in regards to that - you just sprint with your monstrosity towards your base, and can safely disconnect from it to take care of more important things.

Ah, so many decisions, the fun of playing Abathur. Always improving yourself, striving for perfection. Evolution never over.
    Yeah any time I'm not taking Locust Brood I take AB, it kicks ass in so many situations but especially on Monstro.

Definitely true that UE can be super clutch. I think Butcher is another great pick to Evo. I just find Monstro impossible to resist. Kind of feel like UE should last longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played some Hero League today as Arthas. Managed to go from rank 8 to 5 by having a nice win streak while teaming up with a new friend I made from the first game I played today. While I still think Arthas needs better talents and better designed ultimates, I still had a blast playing him.

Also, Sindragosa >>> Army of the Dead, no contest. While Army of the Dead gives you decent burst healing, it doesn't give your team such an advantage in team fights by having the entire enemy team slowed and damaged. At lvl 20, Sindragosa's snare and range are so insane that you will not need the burst healing from the other ultimate. Not to mention that Arthas gets an insane pushing power by freezing buildings and minions and the 80 second cooldown guarantees you to use it in every necessary team fight as well as if you die with full resurrection timer.

The one major downside to Sindragosa is that it can be interrupted and has a stupid long cast animation. However, this ultimate has won me so many team fights recently that it's worth using.

I only really find Sindragosa useful if you're not behind. You tend to need the healing more otherwise I find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I only really find Sindragosa useful if you're not behind. You tend to need the healing more otherwise I find.
    You'd be surprised how powerful it is. I pick Regeneration Master, Rune Tap, Spell Shield, Immortal Coil/Stoneskin for the necessary surviability to compensate for the lack of Army of the Dead. It works really well when you have a good team to support your initiations.

Generally, your going to need double tanks to pull off Sindragosa, as Arthas will be disabled as he casts it, so you'll need another to charge in with the team and soak shots. Leoric, Johanna, and Muradin are great at this. Raynor and Butcher with executioner builds are insane bonuses to add on.