Started ranked again, got Infernal Shrines, first picked sylvanas - game was rocky start and someone got salty, we win the last three punishers and never push with them at all, evgeryone goes back to defend a camp to appease the salty player who screamed at us all.

We eventually lose, team raged, says Sylvanas is troll pick and does no damage. #justplatinumthings
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-05-16 at 08:52 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I freaking hate Platinum. It's the border between Gold and Diamond, and it shows. Either you get amazing players who are on top of their shit, or you get Laynors. It's really a toss-up every single game.

Yeah, last week was amazing; drafts made balanced sense and fights were strong. This week it's like just pick their favourite hero and it's just an oh shit here we go every fight.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had a game where our Assassins picks were Samuro and Tracer. Because they did not think about the consequences about those picks and allowed the enemy to completely destroy us in draft, we lost in no time at all. Then they ended up talking trash in chat the entire game.

I need to emphasize how much I hate the current environment in ranked. I am now below a 50% win rate despite having been at 54% just a couple of weeks ago with over 200+ games played at the time (now I am at 400+). If this matchmaking had any quality whatsoever, this significant drop in quality in matches would not happen. I should just try to find a team to play TL, since at least then I would have better quality insurance about the games than I do now.

just won braxis holdout in 8 minutes and 12 seconds

what a slaughter

sometimes i love hero league

Platinum 2, ladies and gentlemen:

Twin Blades Varian btw!

Had an awesome game, even though my team lost! It was just a quick match, nothing like the fancy ranked whatnots that others post.

These are the actors in our play: Tracer (me), Valeera, Valla, Kharazim and Stitches in my team; Leoric, Butcher, Tyrael, Malfurion and Tychus in the enemy team. The map is Towers of Doom. Pronouns in the story are based on the character's gender.

Things started kind of slowly for me, I ended up solo top against Tyreal, where he harassed me, I harassed him, we killed some minions and so on. But suddenly Butcher appeared out of the bushes and tried to gank me, but I used "E" and amazed myself! It was then that I knew Tracer is overpowered. But the good kind of overpowered!

Unfortunately the rest of the team didn't have such a fun time. Not because they died or anything, but because the Valla in our team decided to bitch and moan and dampen my positivity. And following in her footsteps was Valeera (just with better spelling and grammar). "Stitches sucks", she said. "Omg Kharazim damage build, gg", she bemoaned. "gg", "GG", she sarcastically remarked. Emboldened by my positivity and a cheerful outlook at life, Stitches protested! "I shall become a hero upon reaching level 10!", he exclaimed. But before reaching that level we had to contest the first towers (of Doom). We managed to capture one. It's kind of obvious what happened next.

Obviously my positive outlook brought the team together, and we reached level 10 before the enemy team! So in our next team fight we did much better, we got some kills, got some tower shots at their keep, it was wonderful. That sentence was also a lie. We lost both towers and our Valeera and Valla didn't have kindness in their hearts, but instead had poison in their tongues. Or fingers. In any case, "u suck", "no u suck" were exchanged and accomplished absolutely nothing. But I remained positive!

And all that positivity paid off, since around the 10 (or 15?) minute mark, we actually started to work as a team! Hooray for positivity! We managed to kill the boss, and when the next tower appeared we actually contested it! More or less. Valla and Valeera died rather quickly and started spewing poison, but Stitches, Kharazim and I managed to cause enough mayhem to kill 4 of them. But alas, poor Stitches and Kharazim lost their lives as well. But I remained, and since Tracer is just so wonderfully overpowered managed to kill Leoric, then Tychus (who already respawned and rode back on his mighty fel saber thing). So we captured the tower!

So the match went on, finally reaching the 22 minute mark, our team fighting valiantly, capturing the newly spawned towers, just being all around positive (if you ignore the "no damage valla" and "omg retard palm me" being thrown around), when all of a sudden the enemy team disappears from the map! Where could they be?! The numerous pings quickly alerted me and explained that the enemies must be attempting to kill the boss to finish us off. Bravely riding into battle, we reach them in time and start a bloody battle! Valla died quickly, Valeera soon followed, then Kharazim, then Stitches, until only I remained. If you've read the entire story you might have a feeling what happened next, because I wasn't amazed by Tracer for no reason.

We obviously lost, I said that at the start. Tracer ain't no fool to go 1v5, this isn't "HotS WTF Moments ep. 360".

But it was an awesome match and Tracer is a blast to play. Even though there were two negative players, I managed to bring the other two back into the light!

15+ Year Old Account
    Enemy team had Varian, Medivh and Genji. The slew of immunities got tiresome really, really fucking fast.

To top it all off, our Chromie took Temporal Loop and our Kael took Pyroblast. Sigh.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Platinum 2, ladies and gentlemen:

Twin Blades Varian btw!
    Is twin blades varian bad?

Although with only rexxar as a solo tank I would have gone taunt since he cannot solo tank, but they obviously did not need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Twin Blades is situational. It is very strong given right situation, but weak in most cases.

Usually it suffers really hard against team with a lot of CC or Blinds. The build makes him very similar to Illidan, but more 'in your face' rather than darting around in your backline. Looking at their composition, the only real CC they had was roots, so it worked well for him.

I would say Taunt is definitely the best general option. If you want to go Assassin build, Colossus Smash has more uses in general, but Twin Blades is extremely strong if they lack counters. Twin Blades Varian is probably one of the strongest 1v1 Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post

Although with only rexxar as a solo tank I would have gone taunt since he cannot solo tank, but they obviously did not need it.
    They did not need the tank, thanks to the moronic decisions made by Lucio. Taunt Varian is one of his best counters, and they didn't even need it because he stood in their melee range anyway!

Just had a Hanamura game where we went 3-7 and then 1-6 down and ended up winning. I rate it 6.5/10 #nocomebackmechanics

We had Varian, Jaina, BW, Artanis, Abathur vs Chen, Zarya, Auriel, Chromie, Zul'jin.

Today appears to be an especially egregious day where people don't understand laning and are puzzled why they are losing despite winning team fights.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Falstad split soak carrying me forever. In truth, I've never seen a more mismatched game. Their Li-ming still went Glass Cannon and didn't get Dominance, Valla was AA build, Uther clearly hadn't played the character much if ever.

#matchmaking
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-05-18 at 09:38 PM.
    I am the lucid dream

Throwers, AFKers, ragers. I'm almost Plat 4 now. I was Plat 2 when I started today.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, fun fact. I have been last pick in every single game today. 9 games, 9 lastpicks. I refuse to believe this system is supposed to be random.

Been playing all day in QM trying to learn the new heroes, still yet to see a healer.

I would pay so much money to get a button that said "I'm willing to wait for a tank and healer".
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Been playing all day in QM trying to learn the new heroes
    I don't think that will work out :P First play via try then unranked till you are comfortable. Even though with 2.0 unranked has become a complete hell, I don't know how much mmr you need to not play with new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    I don't know how much mmr you need to not play with new players.
    Diamond 1 or above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerraw View Post
    diamond 1 or above.
    qft .... 10....

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    I don't think that will work out :P First play via try then unranked till you are comfortable. Even though with 2.0 unranked has become a complete hell, I don't know how much mmr you need to not play with new players.
    Aye, trouble is when I play unranked I end up playing the healer
    I am the lucid dream