10+ Year Old Account
    Going to report on every game and see if people find anyway how i could have salvaged this. Since people claim it is never just the teams fault always i could have done something different.

Infernal shrines.

Draft, me first xul, followed by chromie and raynor against their sylv and tracer picks. followed by varian and stukov. and they round up with lili, arthas and artanis.

Take note in this tier prepicks rarely to never happen and that was also the case.

Started soaking top lane all 4 of the rest go mid, warned them with pings to not go back works out fine. Artanis goes top in attempt to counter me, their sylv goes bot and is ignored.

Have to repeatedly ping for someone to go bot to soak, does not happen for majority of the game, Chromie can't do much as expected against tracer, Varian takes no tank talent. try to win the event does not happen since nobody can effectively zone and chromie gets zoned out by tracer.

Second event they are 10, are barely 9, 3 of them engage them and get wrecked by ults. Their 10 becomes 11 and it's a snowball since nobody listens to attempts to play defensivly.

Game lost. Don't see what i could have done differently. So much for attempting to "outsoak the other team"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    When it comes right down to it, you can only control your own contribution to the game. But as long as you can ensure that you play properly, your team only has a risk of being comprised of 4 morons, whereas the enemy team runs the risk of 5 morons.

I know this is highly counter-intuitive given the team-oriented nature of this game, but don't trust your team to be able to do anything. Pick your heroes and your battles accordingly.
    This is why i really miss duo queue Hero league, you could guarantee at least 2 decent people on your own team.

Team league is a bit of a mess atm with 2 player queues taking stupidly long and as 3 players you get people ridiculously far from your rank.
    That's why I've given up on hots for a bit and got back into OW.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Varian takes no tank talent
    Nothing you can do against Moronitude(TM). Only thing you can do in that case is completely purge your midn of the game and move on to the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    This is why i really miss duo queue Hero league, you could guarantee at least 2 decent people on your own team.
    We had some good times during that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing you can do against Moronitude(TM). Only thing you can do in that case is completely purge your midn of the game and move on to the next one.
    Yep but things like that take place in most games, such it seems hardly skill or know how related and just sheer dumb luck.

Next game, again first draft.

Dragon shire.

One person pre-picks Dehaka, i go with guldan after falstad and sonya bans using the reasoning that range and sustain is good on this map. They go with bright wing and nova. next up we pick thrall and rehgar. Next bans anub and theirs and KT ours. Their next picks diablo and valla, ours Dehaka and tyreal and their last pick jaina.

Setup as final ours Guldan, thrall, Rehgar, Dehaka, Tyreal, theirs Jaina, nova, valla, bw, diablo.

Managed to get enough pressure in my lane while most remained mid again, early dk cap for us and so were the next 2 ones and so we snowballed them despite thrall managing to rack up 9 deaths and tyreal 7 deaths compared to the rest who only had 1 or 2.

So won this round. although as you can see tyreal wasn't the best pick for this setup.

So won this round. although as you can see tyreal wasn't the best pick for this setup.
    Honestly, I don't care much about setup (outside of absolute hardcounters). I'd rather people play with a hero they're good at than picking the "correct" hero and sucking at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't care much about setup (outside of absolute hardcounters). I'd rather people play with a hero they're good at than picking the "correct" hero and sucking at it.
    Well okay, but a lot of times i am now being paired with people how have around 10-15 games played on said hero. It is true i have at times said fuck it and went for an assasin instead of support and oddly enough it works better and get more wins in those setups then going for a support and leaving the killing to others.

Acidbaron, I feel your pain, and admittedly get a little comfort from knowing someone else is in the same boat. After absolutely disastrous placements I got ranked a whole lot lower than usual, and being a support main on that level it would seem I'm simply doomed to keep crashing down, loss after loss. I work my ass off, consistently outperforming the enemy support and herding my cats, but inevitably they always find a way to turn a winning game into a swift loss in one stupid move. Sure some games are just bad overall with the enemy dominating, but the amount of promising matches where my own team performs a massive throw is bloody astounding; if I didn't know better I'd think I'm being trolled hard.

I don't really know what could I do to fix it. Play something more carry-like that I'm not nearly as good at? Kinda see a problem there too.

Deleted
    For the first time in a long long while TILTED. Leading to 8 losses in a row, my - so far - longest streak. Started with a game when my team drafted two more squishies in addition to Valla into an early enemy Butcher pick. One of the morons died 5 times in less than 6 minutes.

Next game no wave clear and no heal besides Tyrande after four picks on BHB, I asked them what of the two they wanted. Varian claimed he would solo lane so I grabbed a heal. He actually did not solo lane. At all. And the whole ordeal lasted even longer than necessary despite us being back level 8 vs level 11 quite quickly.

Game three one of my 'squishies into Butcher' pickers from game one of course again in my team. He already flamed our first pick for taking Azmo on towers (a reasonably good pick at least in low gold). I flamed him for taking Jaina against Butcher earlier; love, peace, happiness and an afk-ing tank ensued.

Game four our tank was what must have been the worst Garrosh EU. Till the final fight at our core we had better damage. We had better healing. Four of us had two deaths or less. Just our Garrosh had less siege damage than enemy Morales, less hero damage than enemy Morales and in the end 11 deaths. He would happily waddle back into fights at 5% health and yes, he would still do no damage.

Game five the enemy had a four man front: whatever tank, Butcher, Sonya, Uther. Our fourth pick indicated tank, I as last pick indicated Arthas telling them we needed double warrior. Fourth pick switched to Assassin, I switched to Nova, two people told me 'reported'. Got my first siege damage in minute 11 after sitting at exactly 0 till then. It was an accident, I swear.

I fucking hate Garrosh. That is all.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting into group with a Gazlowe and Nova mains in one day, feels good.

Is HL just something to be utterly avoided these days? I haven't had a consistent night of games on it in... I genuinely can't even remember how long
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I love how she is right now, but I'm expecting a nerf pretty soon =/
    I don't get it how people can love how she players right now, it's just retarded strong and taken little to no effort to play

- - - Updated - - -

Got placed in low silver due to a terrible spree of placement games.
    Same shit. Lost 8 out of 10 games on my placement, got placed in gold 1, dropped to gold 2 in next 5 or so lost games. It's incredibly hard to play my usual heroes (Tyrande is constantly picked/banned, it's impossible to pick Zarya or Uther because of people locking in 3 assassins in the very beginning of draft, it's impossible to play Morales because people expect me to fill, instead of picking around Morales) and its just loss after loss after loss. I have a feeling that i need to start locking Zagara and just afk pushing whole game to get somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yes trying to play for the team in HL will get you frustration and pain.

I went 2-6 last season before I stopped giving a hot gay fuck what my team needed and instalocked Azmo when I could. Wound up crushing the last two games and placed gold.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Is HL just something to be utterly avoided these days? I haven't had a consistent night of games on it in... I genuinely can't even remember how long
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't get it how people can love how she players right now, it's just retarded strong and taken little to no effort to play

- - - Updated - - -

Same shit. Lost 8 out of 10 games on my placement, got placed in gold 1, dropped to gold 2 in next 5 or so lost games. It's incredibly hard to play my usual heroes (Tyrande is constantly picked/banned, it's impossible to pick Zarya or Uther because of people locking in 3 assassins in the very beginning of draft, it's impossible to play Morales because people expect me to fill, instead of picking around Morales) and its just loss after loss after loss. I have a feeling that i need to start locking Zagara and just afk pushing whole game to get somewhere
    I have been doing what nerraw said more or less that is go with a Hero that can lane and still do their team role, it is hard. In higher rankings you have people drafting a team in silver and gold YOU need to make certain you pick something that fits the map, counters their setup, complements your setup and can lane.

And it is still hit and miss. Basically you have to rely on yourself but you need to support your team mates at the same time preventing them from doing stupid stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been doing what nerraw said more or less that is go with a Hero that can lane and still do their team role, it is hard. In higher rankings you have people drafting a team in silver and gold YOU need to make certain you pick something that fits the map, counters their setup, complements your setup and can lane.

And it is still hit and miss. Basically you have to rely on yourself but you need to support your team mates at the same time preventing them from doing stupid stuff.
    Funny thing is, that only games i've won were the ones where i actively communicated with other, trying to convince people to not pick whatever the fuck they want, and instead pick something that'll give us at least a chance of winning (seriously, i had a game where two of last picks wanted to pick Thrall and Kerrigan and were fighting for it... when we already had Diablo, Uther and Azmodan. Against KT and Johanna. Good shit that we've managed to convince them to go Valla and Genji instead). But it's so fucking tiresome dealing with people who doesn't want to communicate and treat HL solo q as a unranked draft, or worse - quick game (me not being able to remember how this mode is called probably says about level of frustration about it), where they prepick whatever they want and go afk for 5 minutes
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Funny thing is, that only games i've won were the ones where i actively communicated with other, trying to convince people to not pick whatever the fuck they want, and instead pick something that'll give us at least a chance of winning (seriously, i had a game where two of last picks wanted to pick Thrall and Kerrigan and were fighting for it... when we already had Diablo, Uther and Azmodan. Against KT and Johanna. Good shit that we've managed to convince them to go Valla and Genji instead). But it's so fucking tiresome dealing with people who doesn't want to communicate and treat HL solo q as a unranked draft, or worse - quick game (me not being able to remember how this mode is called probably says about level of frustration about it), where they prepick whatever they want and go afk for 5 minutes
    They still need to play their part, i have had people going varian as the only tank and not picking a single tank ability. So there's that but yes it is hard work to win that tier and when you don't feel like doing that you need to simply not play since you'll be 2 steps back before you know it.

And yes there are plenty of people that go "it is just a game man! take it easy!"

15+ Year Old Account
    QM matchmaking couple of days ago:

My team: Tyrande, Artanis, Valla, Brightwing, Nova
    Enemy team: Medic, Uther, Illidan, ChoGall

I had a feeling that even if enemy played with their d***s instead their hands, we would lose anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Shes strong, but not that strong imo.

Her healing can be matched by an Abathur specced into shields and her damage can be pretty inconsistent due the cooldown and travel time of her owl, it may be extremely annoying in Quick Match when you have no healer and you keep getting hit by the damn birds every now and then while playing with a character with no sustain and/or a low HP bar forcing you to recall pretty often… otherwise it’s only really a problem in team fights where you team stacks like crazy allowing her to get 3-4 hits resetting her owl cooldown completely, that can be avoided with good positioning =/
    She isn't picked for her healing, she is picked for 200k+ damage in 30m games, which are possible to be stalled by her on maps like BHB.
    She used to have to play smart with her Owl before significant buff, with width bonus it's piss easy to land an owl on at least 1 player per launch.
    She has sustain in form of a heal, and she doesn't have low HP bar. She doesn't have reliable escape that is, but she is incredibly strong duel character and very hard to punch off line.
    And actually, Owl is not a problem for teamfights, granted how weak it is on small range, problem is starting teammfights, because she will reveal your team every 30 or so seconds and just bomb your squishy for half of his health, forcing a retreat or dump of healing, and she will do it again in worst-case of 12 seconds (but in reality it's 8 seconds, because of how easy it is to land it on unsuspecting enemy).

Just look at how many stacks Tyrande players used to have for Lunar strike, and how many for Owl, in REALLY good 30m games it's 40-50 lunar strikes and up to fucking hundred Owl hits in 30m games. It's just ridiculous how reliable Owl damage is now, and all of that simply because of 4 seconds CD reduction - revert this shit, nerf Lunar strike to be on par with Sentinel and it'll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

They still need to play their part, i have had people going varian as the only tank and not picking a single tank ability. So there's that but yes it is hard work to win that tier and when you don't feel like doing that you need to simply not play since you'll be 2 steps back before you know it.

And yes there are plenty of people that go "it is just a game man! take it easy!"
    Yeah, it's just a game, and we play the game to have fun. But the key word is play the game - picking nonsense in HL soloq, ignoring your teammates, ignoring team compositions and bans is not playing the game by any stretch of imagination.

FeelsBadMan

- - - Updated - - -

Won the next two, though! Aaand sleep
    I am the lucid dream

Sometimes you have a good setup but your team mates choose all the wrong talents. Dont want to get into that because I had a great match right after.

its rare to find a tyrael who is on point with his teleports, Charges and E's. Especially one who protects his stukov (me). Everyone just played so well. I went with an unconventional talent build. Ranged shot, a mix of Healing and slows with the blinding talent due to their ranged comp. It devastated them.