Poll: Should Blizzard allow more toggle options for armor?

Thread: Shoulder Armor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Blizzards file checker would return it to normal and no change could be seen :/
    You might be able to do something like this with Tmorph...
    Naah you can edit textures w/o modifying MPQ archives, I have multiple edits running for years.
    Golden rings on dark Draenei, Nightelf guards with gear you see from artwork (old Moonfeather guards).
    Just never had the idea to mod an item before.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Naah you can edit textures w/o modifying MPQ archives, I have multiple edits running for years.
    Golden rings on dark Draenei, Nightelf guards with gear you see from artwork (old Moonfeather guards).
    Just never had the idea to mod an item before.
    Oh it's still possible?
    Remember it being banned due to people making stealthing rogues pink and the size of a tauren..

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Go look Swtor with all those dancer costumes.
    Striptease girls fighting huge robots and monsters, ye, right. Disgusting what they let get in the game....
    What game do you play? Polychromatic Visionwrap and Vestments of the shifting Sands say hi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's still possible?
    Remember it being banned due to people making stealthing rogues pink and the size of a tauren..
    Model editing / effect editing is not the same as texture editing.
    never tried to fiddle with either, because that requires a detectable 3rd party program.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanElf View Post
    What game do you play? Vestments of the shifting Sands say hi!
    One of those cloth outfits that would look soo much better w/o mandatory shoulderpads.

Model editing / effect editing is not the same as texture editing.
    never tried to fiddle with either, because that requires a detectable 3rd party program.
    Back then it didn't require anything, you could just edit the HEX values.

One of those cloth outfits that would look soo much better w/o mandatory shoulderpads.
    I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!!! Also with the sentiment that rogues with BIG-ASS shoulders look ridiculous!

10+ Year Old Account
    Back then it didn't require anything, you could just edit the HEX values.
    Aah, the good old days.

- - - Updated - - -

Also with the sentiment that <ANY CLASS> with BIG-ASS shoulders look ridiculous!
    Big ass shoulders only do one thing: Impair your vision and your mobility.
    No sane fighter would want either.

Aah, the good old days.

- - - Updated - - -

Big ass shoulders only do one thing: Impair your vision and your mobility.
    No sane fighter would want either.
    Yeah, then blizzard thought it would be good to have a software that checks file integrity on login :P

Tho, no fighter wants a pair of shoulderplates anyway, the pauldrons are in the chestplate.

But thank god blizzard doesn't follow realism with the armor, the sets would be so boring without actual shoulders plates and helmets without anything besides small ornaments.

Deleted
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Rift has exactly what you're talking about; two separate equipment screens, one for stats and one for visuals. You can disable any of the armour pieces in the Visuals equip (In case you want to use your Stats armour's appearance), and also Enable that particular piece with nothing equipped, causing your character's visual model to forego that piece of armour. Probably worded that horribly, but essentially you can use whatever visuals you want. Not actually that many naked people running around, either. I think even in games like this, the psychology of social acceptance has its influence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, then blizzard thought it would be good to have a software that checks file integrity on login :P

Tho, no fighter wants a pair of shoulderplates anyway, the pauldrons are in the chestplate.

But thank god blizzard doesn't follow realism with the armor, the sets would be so boring without actual shoulders plates and helmets without anything besides small ornaments.
    Nah bruh bruh. Speaking as someone who actually wields a hand and a half sword, northrend shoulder pads actually come in handy. Especially when rushing an opponent or two. The spiked ones are the best-great for puncturing armor. Or a face.

Hate when polls have obvious biased answers in them...

I wouldn't mind seeing options to turn off individual shoulders and gloves / boots. Doesn't really hurt the aesthetic of the game in the ways dyes could (man I'd love dyes) and just gives you a bit more options. Sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Rift has exactly what you're talking about; two separate equipment screens, one for stats and one for visuals. You can disable any of the armour pieces in the Visuals equip (In case you want to use your Stats armour's appearance), and also Enable that particular piece with nothing equipped, causing your character's visual model to forego that piece of armour. Probably worded that horribly, but essentially you can use whatever visuals you want. Not actually that many naked people running around, either. I think even in games like this, the psychology of social acceptance has its influence.
    Yup, there are many games that do things better, or more generously than WoW does; WoW is an overall better game though. Blizzard should take that cue and give a little on their staunch standpoints. People that don't care to mess around with cosmetic stuff will not. I really doubt it would pull much resource away from any major content either, as they bandy that around at convenience.

Hiding the helmet makes more sense than most of the helmets we got.
    It may be preferable, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    because of some sets in game, i wouldn't mind toggling shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Male Bloodelf reasoning:
    I'm going to fight that dude with the big club w/o any head protection at all... my face is way to pretty to make contact with the his club.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    As someone mentioned earlier, let's not hold "makes realistic sense" a factor in our fantasy game...

Also, Diablo has dyes, why can't WoW? (I know D3 was designed with it; RGB alpha masks 'n stuff...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, Diablo has dyes, why can't WoW? (I know D3 was designed with it; RGB alpha masks 'n stuff...)
    Sadly: yes. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of being able to hide one shoulder pad. Hiding both would make some sets look slightly odd, or maybe bland.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a option that you can have 1 shoulder pad instead of 2 shoulder pads, like some npcs have!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I really wish they'd put the entirety of diablos aesthetic system into wow.

How when you pick up items you unlock the mog, and the dyes themselves besides vanishing dye, which would be supplemented by the options to turn off certain bits.