Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well seeing as that is your opinion I can't say you are wrong, I will say I simply don't agree, and based on the lack of everything else we have gotten or has changed simply because Blizzard can, There is nothing compelling about the expansion, I am willing to gather it will be revamped in a last bit of desperation come June, or WoW will be going F2P a lot sooner than its going to, and its going to be the death nail for WoW and any other projects. Just over all bad, bad bad poor execution on the part of over indulged lazy developers that run out of actual fresh ideas.
    You're only hurting yourself by staying, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    Except NOTHING is said about Tanaan Jungle as a zone. They specifically said that alliance/horde would go off to other zones after introductory quests in Tanaan. Although people assumed Tanaan was a full-blown zone off launch, it was never specified.
    Was the Isle of Quel'Danas listed on the BC zone list? How about the Isle of Thunder or any of the other islands and patch zones they added?

Tanaan Jungle was going to be a zone at launch. They just realized that if they wanted to get it out sooner to appease impatient people they had to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I just wonder what you enjoy in special about no flying, the bad new race models. I am not forcing you to anything (how could i).. i am just questioning your ideas. Thats part of a discusssion process, you know?

Questioning and argumenting.
    I don't like flying for the same reason flying doesn't exist in BG. It lets you bypass all danger and gets straight to the objective. The world feels smaller with flying too. I like new models because they look good? That's enough reason. Dwarf looks frickin cook and Night Elf female looks strong,athletic and graceful. They have fangs too. Just like in lore. I heard that PvP just got a lot better too.

I could explain for every point but I wouldn't bother more than this because you will keep saying how bad it is and how wrong I am. You even have no clue when you said that Moonkin revamp is just removing skills when Blizz is changing eclipse system.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-07-27 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    So exploring all the zones, killing mobs, doing quests, leveling up, finding cool items, running dungeons, doing scenarios, building a garrison, finding some pets, doing some raids, doing some new pvp, getting some new bad ass looking gear.... none of that matters.

Because you can't move around your garrison, you can't fly right off the bat, and you can't have Karabor/Bladespire for a faction hub, you have no reason to look forward to the expansion and you don't want to buy it? That's a shame man. I would hate do feel shitty about an expansion because of stuff like that.

You actually say that much like a Parent that says "Well I feed and cloth my kids" Yeah guess what, that is generally what a company does for PC expansions, and like many other games PC or not, people point out mistakes, some company's ignore it, some company's build on it, Blizzard isn't building on it, because people like you are grateful to be given a shitty game " Oh I am glad Blizzard took away flying for MINE and everybody else's OWN GOOD" LOL!

Sure they said the Faction hubs were going to be one thing as a selling point and fucking LIED, but I a sure it was for our own GOOD, right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I don't like flying for the same reason flying doesn't exist in BG. It lets you bypass all danger and gets straight to the objective. The world feels smaller with flying too.
    But wont just turning off flying for quests solve that problem as well instead of using a sledge hammer here?

Sorry, but blizzards reason to not add flying is another one than you think. Blizzard just adds no flying because they will not complete the world until WoD ships. Thats what they planned from the start. At the end, blizzard gives nothing about immersion. They just want to save development time.

And they hyped people like you on the forums they would like to remove flying as it would raise "immersion". No, it wont. Adding immersion to a game raises immersion. Adding content does. Keeping a world alive does. And not removing the most convenient way to travel, as this could have been solved in a very different way as well.. as long blizzard just had invested effort to do so.

I like new models because they look good? That's enough reason.
    Do you also like vampires and disney?

Night Elf female looks strong,athletic and graceful.
    They werent "strong athletic and graceful" before. They were beautiful and graceful before. It's a bad move to remove this from people who were used to their character models in the years. My guess is blizzard wants to gain money by selling race chages here, and make former beautiful races more ugly or even unbearable to the players that used to play those races before.

They have fangs too. Just like in lore.
    Yes. Really beautiful. Well, no, sorry.

I could explain for every point but I wouldn't bother more than this because you will keep saying how bad it is and how wrong I am.
    Well, i am not sure if you really mean what you talk about. But i have to take it as given you do. And we can discuss about our ideas of what is beautiful and what is not. But i am not interested to tell you that you are wrong, as it is about preferences here. If you like those scary new models, well, fine fore me.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-07-27 at 03:11 PM.

They werent "strong athletic and graceful" before. They very beautiful and graceful before. It's a bad move to remove this from people who were used to their character models in the years. My guess is blizzard wants to gain money by selling race chages here, and make former beautiful races more ugly or even unbearable to the players that used to play those races before.
    Hey lot of outspoken people complain and Blizzard goes back to the roots of what the Night Elves used to be, or Blizzard just decided to put the savagery and wickedness that the Night Elves used to possess.

Everything that I see so far about WOD looks like they are rushing the hell out of it.

Deleted
    Wow will be released on late september / early octomber, here are some facts:
    Cataclysm beta raid testing started: 15/10/2010
    Cataclysm launched: 7/12/2010
    MoP beta raid testing started: 20/06/2012
    MoP launched: 25/09/2012
    See the links? well let me tell you, raid testing started durring the half of the beta.
    WoD raid testing started: 21/07/2014
    Wod beta started: 26/06/2014
    Based on this facts we might have wod launch on said dates.
    Other facts:
    -In the last patch build on beta they updated the brewfest items to wod.
    Brewfest starts: 20/09/2014.
    -Some people say that blizzard will release wod after blizzcon because otherwise they wouldn't have what to show on blizzcon and therefore ppls would not attend blizzcon 2014. FALSE: Blizzcon tickets are already sold so ppls will go to blizzcon regardless.
    -Some peoples say that blizzard will release wod close to christmas to boost their sales. FALSE: As shown on MoP blizzard sold roughly 2 mil. mop games in stores because most ppls preordered a virtual copy + most ppls want to log in as soon as the servers are up

But wont just turning off flying for quests solve that problem as well instead of using a sledge hammer here?

Sorry, but blizzard reason to not add flying is another one than you think. Blizzard just adds no flying because they will not complete the world until WoD ships. Thats what they planned from the start. At the end, blizzard gives nothing about immersion. They just want to save development money.

And they hyped people like you on the forums they would like to remove flying as it would raise "immersion". No, it wont. Adding immersion to a game raises immersion. Adding content does. Keeping a world alive does. And not removing the most convenient way to travel, as this could have been solved in a very different way as well.. as long blizzard just had invested effort to do so.
    See? This is the twisted reason I am talking about. There's no way they are going to left the world in blank or block. Some beta players look from the sky and the zones were clearly designed as whole not like original Vanilla zones.

Do you also like vampires and disney?
    I don't? and I don't think the new models look like them.

They werent "strong athletic and graceful" before. They very beautiful and graceful before. It's a bad move to remove this from people who were used to their character models in the years. My guess is blizzard wants to gain money by selling race chages here, and make former beautiful races more ugly or even unbearable to the players that used to play those races before.
    They are always supposed to be strong. This is Night Elf females we are talking about. You proceeded to twist it to that they want to force people to race change.

Yes. Really beautiful. Well, no, sorry.
    They are beautiful but not your teeenager beautiful. They are warrior.

Well, i am not sure if you really mean what you talk about. But i have to take it as given you do. And we can discuss about our ideas of what is beautiful and what is not. But i am not interested to tell you that you are wrong, as it is about preferences here. If you like those scary new models, well, fine fore me.
    You sure are not interested to tell me I am wrong? I am not sure about seeing what you posted. lol
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-07-27 at 03:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, actually I don't have to be specific, because anybody who is capable of independent thought can take him point for point and verify that he is right.

1.Blizzard is taking out Flying because they are in capable of creating content for flying case and Point their position on previous content and this content being something they don't want people to just fly over, and instead of just creating flying mobs or as I said DOING something NEW, they took away something they spend Cata bringing to Azeroth

2. The Last Blizzcon Blizzard developers clearly stated where both Factions would be starting off as a Faction hub, in both cases they straight up LIED, and then back peddled,and NOW it seems where both factions WILL be starting off, might not be completely DEVELOPED until later patches! Are you really incapable of going back as much as few hours and reading the latest updates on that?

3. Another one of the main sell points for this expansion was that we would get new race models instead of a new class or races, OK, The ones we have been waiting for forever aren't even ALL done, and there still a bunch of them we haven't seen that we are being lead to believe will ALSO BE IN LATER PATCHES, like the FLYING, Like the STARTING ZONES

4. Garrisons, were once thought to be an idea where you could create your own Garrison kind of like housing anywhere you want, ERRR wrong, it isn't like that at all, YOU CAN't CREATE it anywhere you want, You can only create one in certain places, and honestly it sounds like that isn't totally ready either, and its going to act MORE like WoW Farmville 2.0
    Independant thought? Lol, you're flaterring a lot of us.
    1. Try flying over Draenor in a sandbox. It's pretty much ready for flying. And don't come with the Tanaan shit, it came much later. Only a few cliff textures that need to be shaped and properly textured.
    2. Super early pre-alpha information is optimistic? Goals cannot always be reached? Sounds like any project ever, long before Blizzard.
    3. Have you even seen how far they are? We have all but a few races and genders, I think they are really far into development of the models. Blood elves and trolls are the only races we havn't seen anything from, but we're way past half way.
    4. Ignoring technical limitations (which there are a lot of, mr average joe who does not into IT), it would be super impractical to place your Garrison in, say a questing area. That plot of land which was occupied by quest mobs (like the Shadowmoon/Frostfire garrison areas) have to be super empty to allow you to, potentially, build a garrison. Imagine Blizzard placing mobs for Nessingwary quests in xx.yy area, you build your garrison there and poof, that quest is now impossible to complete. To bandaid that, they'd have to spawn every single kind of quest mob everywhere in every zone. Most boring and bland questing experience I can think of. The alternative is having a few spots in every zone 100% empty, no mobs, no herbs/minerals, flat landscape so you can potentially (probably not) build your Garrison. No thank you.

Deleted
    See? This is the twisted reason I am talking about. There's no way they are going to left the world in blank or block. Some beta players look from the sky and the zones were clearly designed as whole not like original Vanilla zones.
    There is no "twist" here. Lore posted that as reason to remove flying on twitter.

I don't? and I don't think the new models look like them.
    Take a closer look onto gnomes and nightelves then.

They are always supposed to be strong.
    They werent for 10 years. And now, in the eleventh year they have to be turned into strong Amazones?

You proceeded to twist it to that they want to force people to race change.
    I dont twist anything. This is how blizzard actually works. And why they add changes. It's all about money and development effort.

They are beautiful but not your teeenager beautiful. They are warrior.
    My idea of "beautiful" is different here.

You sure are not interested to tell me I am wrong? I am not sure about seeing what you posted. lol
    I am interested in argumenting. Not in telling you that you are wrong with your preferences.

I dont twist anything. This is how blizzard actually works. And why they add changes. It's all about money and development effort.
    No, you're twisting it, players have been asking for new models for a long time now, if you seriously believe it's some tinfoil hat theory when they're trying to keep the models looking the same, AND they still have the option for old models in game...

There is no "twist" here. Lore posted that as reason to remove flying on twitter.
    can I have the source?

Take a closer look onto gnomes and nightelves then.
    I did. Didn't see it

They werent for 10 years. And now, in the eleventh year they have to be turned into strong Amazones?
    They were in WC3

This is what you think. It's a accusation. Yes, they made Night Elf female to look something like a lot of people have been wanting for people to race change.

My idea of "beautiful" is different here.
    It's subjective. I don't care.

I just wonder what you enjoy in special about no flying, the bad new race models. I am not forcing you to anything (how could i).. i am just questioning your ideas. Thats part of a discusssion process, you know?

Questioning and argumenting.
    What's wrong with the new models? They look pretty great to me. Especially once you start watching the emotes being animated. It's quite a difference. It's about time they were updated.
    As for flying, I love flying (my main is a druid). It's going to be different not flying but it'll also change the experience. Flying came from necessity in TBC. Unfortunately it's overused now to the point that it affects how zones are created. What's the point in investing more into zones when people are just going to fly around grabbing whatever then need from the zone and then leaving forever? If they know we'll be suck on the ground for the launch of the expansion they can add more stuff to the zones... triggerable events, more rare mobs, more things to interact with. I could be wrong. Maybe once WoD hits there won't be much in the zones extra and i'll be like "well no flying was pointless afterall". I really can't see the reasoning behind the change unless they want to add more and feel it necessary we be on the ground to experience it. Just doesn't make sense.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think whatever happened back in April with the major alpha crash has some barring as to where they are in development. I am sure they probably lost somethings and had to redo some stuff, which set them back a ton. That being said, I am sure that whatever they delay to another patch will make the expansion last even longer and draw out the content a bit longer. Will be it as polished as in the past, at launch, can't say. What I have seen on streaming of beta make me think they are going to have to put off some content to a later date or completely scrap it, if it turns out to be way to buggy to prevent the game being launched on time.

As in previous expansions, things get left on the cutting room floor, this is nothing new happens every time. People think things that are shown to them in earlier development are promises of things to come, they are not. Blizzard always shoots for the stars, but time sadly prevents a lot of things from getting in. People are complaining it is taking way to long to get new content out. They are also complain about the new content that is not going to be in the new content all the time. Seriously, they want the new content delivered yesterday, but people like yourself OP complain that it feels rushed or somehow lacking content.

Personally, I would rather them take their time and put out a wonderful feature filled expansion and worry less about the people that are unsubbing due to the lack of new content. If it somehow require them to put off the launch still sometime in spring of 2015, I would not have problem with that. I just want a quality game to play and I want it done right the first time. Many things in the current content are still buggy after more than a year, stuff going all the way back are still not working from time to time or somehow got changed as a result of updating programming or engine.

If the garrison turns out to be the lag fest the tiller farm currently is, then it going to be a horrid experience. Some days it take more than a half hour to pull and plant crops, that is just completely sad at this point in the expansion that is has yet to been fixed. The constant bleed of spells or other characters bleed through get really annoying and contributes to the lag fest.

This is just one example of the horrid phasing that the garrison is going to have to go through from character to character on the realm. I am sure the thought cross Blizzards mind the having the garrison and the faction city in the same zone was a recipe for dastard. The overwhelming lag that would create would be really unbearable to have an enjoyable playing experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No, you're twisting it, players have been asking for new models for a long time now, if you seriously believe it's some tinfoil hat theory when they're trying to keep the models looking the same, AND they still have the option for old models in game...
    First rule of blizzard changes: They dont change anything if they dont see any gain from it. Most time it's about development effort or money. Examples: Scenarios instead of dungeons (outside architecture), removing flying (not completing the world until release), removing karabor and bladespire (development effort), adding a levelup to 90 (for money), removing talanaar (and not even planning it from start, development effort).

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    Honestly what you say makes a lot of sense.

They've already cut a lot of features and content in the expansion. They can easily make it by October now. What do they have to do, really? Let's look at the list

- Test Nagrand/Spires/Gorgrond some more
    - Polish up SMV/FFR
    -Tune and polish 5-man content (normal/heroic)
    - Tune and polish the raids
    - Add some finishing touches to quests or something
    - Add a few cutscenes
    - Polish up Garrisons, maybe change a couple bonuses, etc.
    - Finish the legendary questline for 6.0
    - Finish balancing/graphics for classes
    - Finish up Ashran
    - Get out the last few character models and put finishing touches on rest
    - General bug catching/polishing

That doesn't look like a lot of work left. I say they can finish this all up in August and September, and the expansion is ready to release late October. 6.0 in late September and 6.0 PTR in late august. Cinematic is already done I'm 100% sure.

First rule of blizzard changes: They dont change anything if they dont see any gain from it. Most time it's about development effort or money. Examples: Scenarios instead of dungeons (outside architecture), removing flying (not completing the world until release), removing karabor and bladespire (development effort), adding a levelup to 90 (for money), removing talanaar (and not even planning it from start, development effort).
    Ye, it's not even worth arguing anymore. You haven't even provided me the source that they said they remove flying because they are not going to finish the zone. I gave you the video that shows that SMV was built with flying in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    I think whatever happened back in April with the major alpha crash has some barring as to where they are in development. I am sure they probably lost somethings and had to redo some stuff, which set them back a ton.
    Not going for enough back. It's fairly obvious the first delay was as early as January. One doesn't announce on the front page "we're getting ready for the closed beta, be sure to check the boxes" then say nothing for three months and say "we're actually getting around to alpha just now."