Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Will WoD be released "when it's ready" or will it be a rushed POS?

Starcraft 1 got delayed like 2 years back when the company was barely a few years young and their developers had to work overtime and sleep at the office just to release the finished product....2 years later, when they didn't have billions in the bank to spend on dumb TV shows and developer time creating pokemon for the game.

Now I'm hearing about zones at release not having content, flying getting removed (because of not wanting to put in the work to make it a more challenging and dangerous feature of the game), not all races having their models redone, some of those redone still having reasonable doubt surrounding whether they will be completed properly or not, Ashran apparently being a pointless mess, art being reused all over the place.

Sounds to me like this expansion will more likely be rushed than released "when it's done". You don't start cutting away features from your game and copy pasting and then pretending you're all cool with that or whatever, that you took every measure to put everything in. WoD is obviously far from "done".

So...you're asking, yet saying "Obviously it's going to be bad" basically?

Well, if I went by the forums, it would be awful apparently.

The news posts however, I think it's shaping up pretty well so far.

Asking questions and then giving baseless conclusions before those questions are answered isn't really that great at getting a proper impression of a situation.

Answer? No, its not being rushed out. It would be out already if it was.

I think it will be released when it's ready but it won't have all of the features that people assumed it would have (all new race models, Tanaan Jungle,etc) so they'll find things to nitpick and complain about to try and use as evidence that it was rushed.

The people who have a bone to pick with Blizzard will do their damnedest to point out the flaws of the expansion, the die-hards will call them names and ignore them and the majority of people will just play the game.

i and the rest of the forum can give that awnser when WoD is released. but i can alrdy tell you if you ask on the forum not 1 singel game is done when it is released. because people always want more and more

Deleted
    I agree with the fact that the release time is taking too long with all of the profit they obtain, more so on a ten year old or so game, as well as the fact that things like Pet Battles add very little to the game. Though I for one am happy that flying has been removed, it does give a more immersive feeling to the world, and MoP was bloody annoying having to have flying to get to the Seat of Knowledge and all that crap. As for Ashran, as much as it seems a mindless zergfest I do not mind that as it does give active large scale PvP, so I cannot complain.

Looks like they are shooting for September, so probably then and yes of course it will be rushed. When was the last time Blizzard produced anything that wasn't stretching resources thin and rushed. Hearthstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Looks like they are shooting for September, so probably then and yes of course it will be rushed. When was the last time Blizzard produced anything that wasn't stretching resources thin and rushed. Hearthstone?
    Starcraft 1, D1, D2, WC2, WC3 were all amazing games I was there for on launch. They did not feel rushed. Diablo 3 and SC2 did not feel rushed either, they just felt like lazy development. Taking 10+ years for each game to produce something passable.

In comparison, WC3, SC1, D2 blew me away, in every sense of the word you want to interpret that.
    Last edited by Lincoln Lawyer; 2014-07-27 at 06:36 AM.

Deleted
    Blizzard just needs to learn how to develop software properly. Then they would be ready with the planned content in the time they planned to implement it. They need to learn how to make concepts and properly give the needed time effort to plan it.

Would it work if they would change the release date to mid 2015? Sure. But on the other hand they would lose a lot of customers because blizzard would add no content for them in that time anymore. Additionally to shifting the release to 2015 they would have to hire a team to do another MoP content patch.

Blizzard needs other heads. Seems people like Alex Afrasiabi and Tom Chilton are just not able to do their jobs to plan the development effort correctly. Seems they let their developers decide what to add, and then have to redo content because it took a completely different path from what they planned. Seems every single PR campaign they make ends in a public desaster. Seems, they need to remove more than they add, and dont bring anything interesting to the game. Seems, they dont know anything about innovations.

Mr. Morhaime, if you want WoW to stay successfull, please fire Afrasiabi and Chilton. And let your CM-people do the PR work and dont let low level Devs like Chad Nerfig twitter about game changes.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-07-27 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Blizzard just needs to learn how to develop software properly. Then they would be ready with the planned content in the time they planned to implement it. They need to learn how to make concepts and properly give the needed time effort to plan it.

Would it work if they would change the release date to mid 2015? Sure. But on the other hand they would lose a lot of customers because blizzard would add no content for them in that time anymore. Additionally to shifting the release to 2015 they would have to hire a team to do another MoP content patch.

Blizzard needs other heads. Seems people like Alex Afrasiabi and Tom Chilton are just not able to do their jobs to plan the development effort correctly. Seems they let their developers decide what to add, and then have to redo content because it took a completely different path from what they planned. Seems every single PR campaign they make ends in a public desaster. Seems, they need to remove more than they add, and dont bring anything interesting to the game. Seems, they dont know anything about innovations.

Mr. Morhaime, if you want WoW to stay successfull, please fire Afrasiabi and Chilton. And let your CM-people do the PR work and dont let low level Devs like Chad Nerfig twitter about game changes.
    aah sure the all knowing mmo-c poster knows how blizzard needs to run there shit. sure...... i would say get a job interview as the new ceo and see how you run it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    aah sure the all knowing mmo-c poster knows how blizzard needs to run there shit. sure...... i would say get a job interview as the new ceo and see how you run it.
    I would be a bad choice. As i would remove all content for hardcore gamers. And focus on casual gamers only. Organized raiding would have zero priority with me as game director.

I would be a bad choice. As i would remove all content for hardcore gamers. And focus on casual gamers only.
    and what is content for hardcoregamers? wow has no content for hardcore gamers since heroic raid dungeon can be easly done with only 2 nights a week.
    you probebly mean i would remove all the content for pro players and only focus on noob gamers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    you probebly mean i would remove all the content for pro players and only focus on noob gamers.
    No, i really mean hardcore gamers, as todays hardcore gamers are people who commit to organized gameplay.

With me as game director, organized raiding would be a niche game. Something we would add content for once a year.

I would be a bad choice. As i would remove all content for hardcore gamers. And focus on casual gamers only. Organized raiding would have zero priority with me as game director.
    I don't see why that would make you a bad choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    I don't see why that would make you a bad choice.
    Because WoW is a broad audience game. They try to adress everyone.

Focusing on the casuals has gotten them to where they are now. So i guess they've made the perfect game for you Rym

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RonaldDonald View Post
    Focusing on the casuals has gotten them to where they are now. So i guess they've made the perfect game for you Rym
    They are infact focusing way too much on organized gameplay. They build organized raids, and derive the content for the masses from a organized gameplay component, which is neither fun nor made for the group it targets with that.

The blizzard devs do everything to keep raiding, and in special organized raiding, in game, and they do everything to cater to hardcore raiders since the game exists.

No, WoW is no casual gamer MMO. It is a hardcore gamer MMO, which also has a theater raiding mode for casual gamers.

With "hardcore" i mean organized gameplay. WoW focuses on organization unlike close to any other MMO. If you take a look on Patch 5.4, only LFR is group content which doesnt need premade or organized groups. You get three modes of raiding, which need group setup. And only one which doesnt. Raiding is and always was a minority game, and the devs only created the theater mode to pay the development of the minority gamestyle.

Take a look onto the changes to LFR since it's existence, and to whom they catered with the changes. Organized raiders felt forced to play LFR because of Gear? Gear gets nerfed. Organized raiders want to use something else as gearing up strategy than LFR? In WoD we get back heroic dungeons. Just for the devs that want the theater mode removed from the gearing process.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-07-27 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Starcraft 1 got delayed like 2 years back when the company was barely a few years young and their developers had to work overtime and sleep at the office just to release the finished product....2 years later, when they didn't have billions in the bank to spend on dumb TV shows and developer time creating pokemon for the game.

Now I'm hearing about zones at release not having content, flying getting removed (because of not wanting to put in the work to make it a more challenging and dangerous feature of the game), not all races having their models redone, some of those redone still having reasonable doubt surrounding whether they will be completed properly or not, Ashran apparently being a pointless mess, art being reused all over the place.

Sounds to me like this expansion will more likely be rushed than released "when it's done". You don't start cutting away features from your game and copy pasting and then pretending you're all cool with that or whatever, that you took every measure to put everything in. WoD is obviously far from "done".
    Confirmation bias is a thing.

Ummm, If its that bad then why do you play it. If its the ONLY mmo that focuses on organized raiding play a different one. Go play Wildstar with there 40 man raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RonaldDonald View Post
    Ummm, If its that bad then why do you play it. If its the ONLY mmo that focuses on organized raiding play a different one. Go play Wildstar with there 40 man raids.
    Wildstar is even worse than WoW. Wildstar focuses on organization only. Do you actually know anything about the games you talk about?