Thread: WoD Enchanting

Deleted

WoD Enchanting

While they are making some enchants more significant they also take out quite some enchantable slots.

In addition they are enabling disenchanting everything (soulbounds) within the garrison for nonenchanters.

I haven't seen any prices for the enchants yet, but with more and more mats available, will enchanting be not profitable in WoD?

Currently on live the enchanting prices do already suck.. Sha Crystals for 40g - mysterious essence for 5g dust 1g.. almost all enchants available on the auction house only cover those raw prices - even without the cut.

However those raw prices do not even cover the vendor price anymore -> 1 green weapon sells for 26g. even if its DEd into 2 essences thats still -16g. a green armor sells for roughly 9g and is DEd into 3 dusts worth 3g.

And thats nowadays - with many people raiding and enchanting their stuff and almost every upgrade can be enchanted...

What are your thoughts on this?

My thoughts?

It is fucking awesome, nothing worse than a group of people holding a monopoly on enchanting at the start of an expac and charging absurd prices for the first couple of tiers of raiding.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    My thoughts?

It is fucking awesome, nothing worse than a group of people holding a monopoly on enchanting at the start of an expac and charging absurd prices for the first couple of tiers of raiding.
    i'm pretty sure it's called free market and not monopoly. On >90% of servers prices are only 10-25% over the weekly average mats price, you only notice the higher price during resets (price resets, not server reset)

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    My thoughts?

Monopoly? There's a single person that controls every enchant and nobody else can pick up enchanting to compete? Or did you mean Oligopoly? There's a small number of people colluding to control every enchant and nobody else can pick up enchanting and compete?

You know you can pick up enchanting on any of your characters, any time you want, right?

As an Enchanter I'm happy that I can disenchant gear on all my characters now as it'll let me get the most out of gear throughout the expansion from epic gear. Non-epic stuff nowadays is only marginally better to de rather than straight up vendoring depending on type and mat.

I'm okay with others being able to disenchant things with their Garrisons, but I believe that only enchanters should get Blood Spirits/Haunting Spirits/Spirits of War at a 100% chance from normal/heroic/mythic gear while Garrison users only get a 10-15% chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    While they are making some enchants more significant they also take out quite some enchantable slots.

In addition they are enabling disenchanting everything (soulbounds) within the garrison for nonenchanters.

I haven't seen any prices for the enchants yet, but with more and more mats available, will enchanting be not profitable in WoD?
    Oh, you know that disenchanting at the garrison (with a max level enchanting building) is suppose to yield more mats then DE'ing them right on the spot. Just something else to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Currently on live the enchanting prices do already suck.. Sha Crystals for 40g - mysterious essence for 5g dust 1g.. almost all enchants available on the auction house only cover those raw prices - even without the cut.

However those raw prices do not even cover the vendor price anymore -> 1 green weapon sells for 26g. even if its DEd into 2 essences thats still -16g. a green armor sells for roughly 9g and is DEd into 3 dusts worth 3g.
    The problem is that you're looking at end of expansion pricing which is probably the lowest the market will go. Consider this: Sha crystals can be easily farmed using DE on timeless isle armor tokens. And since crystals can be shattered down to dusts (and vice versa), the overall economy of these items is actually at a good place because who really wants to spend 1k gold on a weapon enchant?

As for WoD, enchanting should be viable because it's one of the major ways to "reforge" into specific secondaries (offering up to 500+ in secondary stat points). Your other profession that offers nearly as much extra secondary stat will be the greater flasks from Alchemy.

That's not to say that the other professions aren't worthwhile too. Crafted gear that can be upgraded twice (using items not VP) and a way to reroll secondaries on crafted armor seem to provide some niche markets before raid gear makes them irrelevant.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    What i wanna say about this is that Enchanting will be a much different profession in WoD. Let me explain how.

I played a little on the beta. I must say at one point i wanted to have crit. Then i wanted to have haste. Then multistrike. Then versatility. Then mastery. I didn't know how to actualy ballance them out. Every time i picked different stat the gameplay changed. In the future there will be less slots to enchant, but the amount of rating you will get from single enchat is way bigger than is compared to nowdays enchanting.

And the flasks now give secondary stat, not main stat. So with enchanting and alchemy you will have the opportunity to relocate stats in few seconds. And i will not be surprised if comes the trend some specs to benefint from certain stat more than the other for given fight. Well maybe thats from the point of cutting edge raiding, or to the very least mythic raiding.

My wild guess is that enchanting, alchemy and jewelcrafting will be more profitable than ever if what i said becomes reality.