Poll: Should Blizzard stop giving us so much information?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard Information = Bad for business?

Seeing the recent backlash due to Tanaan Jungle not being in beginning of the expansion and various things they have been announcing being cut or pushed back, is Blizzard giving their audience too much information?

We don't see nearly as many companies giving so much information on the development process for a game, yet when Blizzard does it, all they seem to get is hate.

What's your opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gratefull. No hate of mine =) only joy ^_^

Deleted
    I definitely think for people following it on various medias, it is striking quite bad with them.
    However there are tons of people that don't even listen to a single word they say and just buys it, and they are probably saving themselves a lot of unnecessary butthurt (looking at you fellow MMO-Champions!)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because information is supposedly bad for business it doesn't mean that they should cease giving it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That, or Blizzard should start firing people who have grown lazy and lack any motivation to put out a clean and solid product, and when they do make announcements, have some accountability rather than blaming the community and ignoring them, as if there was a gun to their heads to lie about all the bullshit they had coming.

It seems very desperate, and I am guessing it was to try to bring people back to WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Seeing the recent backlash due to Tanaan Jungle not being in beginning of the expansion and various things they have been announcing being cut or pushed back, is Blizzard giving their audience too much information?
    How do you think people would react if they only found out about Tanaan at release? They wouldn't be any less angry than they are now, maybe even angrier, since they'll have been left in the dark for longer...

Besides, what would happen if Blizz didn't give information about WoD? People would lose interest, and the hype needs to be kept going, losing momentum on the ol' hype-machine would be bad for business.

Deleted
    You're forgetting that only 1% of Blizzard's playerbase even read forums like this, or follow devs on twitter, or bother keeping up to date with information about the next expansion

And reading through the threads on this forum, I only counted around a dozen people actually complaining about things like Tanaan Jungle, which accounts for less than 0.001% of the total playerbase.

So, no, it's not bad for their business at all, it's just bad for those of us who are bored of reading the same threads from the same people whining about nothing all the time.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say over 6 million of their 7 million players don't even know what the next expansion is about and probably just know the title and it's already preordered. Only the 12 of us MMO-C people care.

You know what... I think if people stopped over hyping things, they'd enjoy it a lot better.

I say they just tell people what its about and just show screenshots and release a BETA when they want people to test it. Stop telling people whats going to happen or what features will be in it.

If they didn't tell us anything after Blizzcon they'd be seeing a much larger drop in subs than with this kind of drama. People were expecting, by their own words, for the expansion to be out by July. (to not surpass 4.3 for length) The moment that sales page came out with "December 21st" if they hadn't said a word the exodus would have been massive.

They better give information on the state of classes, because they are ruining Warriors right now. Other than that, I honestly don't care anymore. I just want to PvP with my bros.

It's actually the complete opposite of what you are saying. Blizzard doesn't give out enough information.

There was never once even the slightest hint that Tannan Jungle wouldn't be out by release, and their "excuse" that it was planned all along is complete BS and a straight up lie.

Go ahead and watch last years Blizzcon when they talked about the zones. They made sure to say Faralon / Netherstorm would be in a future patch. They didn't say anything at all like that about Tannan Jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It's actually the complete opposite of what you are saying. Blizzard doesn't give out enough information.

There was never once even the slightest hint that Tannan Jungle wouldn't be out by release, and their "excuse" that it was planned all along is complete BS and a straight up lie.

Go ahead and watch last years Blizzcon when they talked about the zones. They made sure to say Faralon / Netherstorm would be in a future patch. They didn't say anything at all like that about Tannan Jungle.
    Maybe didnt say it becouse you start WoD in a part of that zone so its there from the start, not just open to 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    announcing being cut or pushed back, is Blizzard giving their audience too much information?
    They shouldn't announce things that they can't keep to imo, Tanaan Jungle is fine, no issues with that, however the other things Blizzard "promise" and don't deliver peeve me off something rotten, however, it won't stop me playing WoD.

If they aren't sure if they can keep to their ideas, they just shouldn't give us them. This would stop them getting backlash and us from being continuously disappointed, yes continuously because they have failed us at least once in each expansion with things that "will be done" and we never see.

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

I can assure you that WoW would lose more sub if it doesn't give info at all.

No one is stupid enough to pay $15 a month for 12 months without new content or info.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. I frequent MMO-champ specifically because I think it's interesting to get an insight into WoW's development and future plans. If they end up scrapping ideas, that's perfectly fine, but at least with the fairly open flow of communication we get an idea of why they do the things that they do, and the general philosophy behind it.

If they stopped communicating as much, the only difference would be loss of player feedback early in the development process, and much less insight to those of us interested in it.

If people can't handle the information, they shouldn't vote "no" on this pole, they should just stop reading about it and keep to official patch notes. I mean, christ, people are responsible for what they choose to read and what kind of sites they frequent, putting the blame for whatever emotional responses they are having to that information on Blizzard is just beyond stupid.

Deleted
    Those handful of raging nerds don´t matter, the majority of WoW players have probably never even heard of Tanaan

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Maybe didnt say it becouse you start WoD in a part of that zone so its there from the start, not just open to 100%
    Extremely unlikely. They would have said that, and I doubt they even knew exactly how the intro experience was going to work at that point.

Also look at how many things they have cut / delayed. And they are still cutting and delaying more all the time.

They obviously realize that they don't have as much time as they thought they did. Sub numbers are plummeting and will continue to do so until a major content patch / expansion is released. They HAVE to get WoD out asap or they will lose way too much money and support.

I personally don't care that much about Tannan Jungle being delayed. I just have an issue with them blatantly lying about it.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2014-07-27 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Also look at how many things they have cut / delayed. And they are still cutting and delaying more all the time.
    How many important things have been cut that were announced to be 100% available?

I hope they cut more things. Means the expansion gets here sooner. Let PvE suffer so PvP can happen sooner!