Deleted

t2 talents for WW & BrM

disclaimer: this has nothing to do with mistweavers, i understand that there is more choice for them, but this is for WW & BrM ONLY

so since making my monk when WoD was released, i've realised something, I have never switched my t2 talents at all, I have always used chi wave. I know that it is the best dps gain for WW, so I assumed the same goes for BrM, so is there ever a need to use any of the others?

As a side question, are there any plans to make the other choices more appealing in WoD?

Chi burst on "some" fights (read galakras / spoils) might be a DPS gain, but even there is just "maybe" so no, stick to chi wave and you'll be fine

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chi Burst can certainly up your dos on some fights with tons of adds and Zen Sphere is a decent self heal if you're away from a target for awhile, like when kiting.

I don't believe there has been mentioned any changes on the beta for these talents. There is one talent to use most of the time with niches for the others which is closer to blizzards desired design than some other issues they would deal with first.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Mm, zen sphere is still an issue. It has a few *extremely* niche uses. Probably buffing its numbers and changing it into a single target hot (with or without the explosion part, that's debatable) would allow it to retain those niche uses and likely even make it the default BrM talent.

T45 is also an issue -- chi brew is ~the clear winner for all specs, and that needs to be fixed.

They've mentioned plans to make zen sphere useful.

Chi burst is really good. For some fights it does more damage than CW, and it can certainly do more meaningful damage in others. For BM especially, it is really nice because it can act as a mini raid CD since it does so much healing. I've started using it more in this fashion.