Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    i'm sorry but when you decide to insinuate that i am somehow "doing it wrong" i will get retarded defensive about it.

i've lost weight. bacon has sat. fat but that's besides the point, if you are working out, having a calorie deficit is all what matters, of course eating lean meats, fish..etc. is better because it's less calories, and you can eat more, and get more protein out of it, but there's nothing wrong with eating bacon, nor will it hinder your weight loss as long as you are meeting your calorie goals.
    For most people it is wrong becuase they don't burn enough calories. For the few people that actually burn lots of calories it's actually fine. I didn't say that you were wrong. I just said that it's not good for most people as they don't lose enough calories and they still eat fat food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    For most people it is wrong becuase they don't burn enough calories. For the few people that actually burn lots of calories it's actually fine.
    ok, i'm glad we are in the same page. Sorry that i lashed out. I think we both know we're knowledgeable on the subject. Wuv you <3

i'm sorry but when you decide to insinuate that i am somehow "doing it wrong" i will get retarded defensive about it.

i've lost weight. bacon has sat. fat but that's besides the point, if you are working out, having a calorie deficit is all what matters, of course eating lean meats, fish..etc. is better because it's less calories, and you can eat more, and get more protein out of it, but there's nothing wrong with eating bacon, nor will it hinder your weight loss as long as you are meeting your calorie goals.

edit: well if the op has a hard time, he either has to up the cardio to burn those calories if he is over-eating or as you say, drop the heavier caloric foods to make sure he's not over-eating....in that regard....it's sorta hard to gauge his current profile since he's not really responding. lol.
    Can't respond with sleeping

When I go to the gym I burn 400-500 calories, i'm in a calorie deficit. I'm not over eating and the bacon I eat again is 97% fat free, my mum is a qualified personal trainer but it's not her actual job because it's hard to make a living off if you can't get clients. I have 1 slice of the bacon with my eggs, and how is eating a lot of eggs a bad thing 3 eggs doesn't seem bad at all. (this wasnt just directed at you, was the other guy as well)

I already lost 16 kilos in the last like 9 months and I have been eating healthy for years ive been fat since I was like 7 I just never exercised and ate crap until a few years ago but didnt eat really clean until a bit over a year ago.

People going on about OP's bacon. Yeah, I'd rather see him get his fats from avocados and plain almonds...but if he's eating what he says he eats he's got room for a moderate amount of that in his macros. Also, if I'm reading things correctly that's his post workout meal as well...so leave his bacon alone! :P He could modify his omelette to one whole egg + two egg whites to compensate for that bacon if he wanted to. But the only real thing I'd change about how he's eating is substitute the bread for 1 cup cooked oatmeal and limit the fruit to no more than two servings a day. The rest of his day looks pretty clean to me.

What's more worrisome to me is that at his measurements he's eating 1400-1500 cals a day?? That looks to be a very steep caloric cut to me and on top of the cardio he's doing. Assuming he burns about 400+ calories per cardio session...his net is about 1000-1100 a day, and I just don't see that as sustainable in the long run. Would suggest that the OP look into a calorie calculator, figure out how much to eat at maintenance, do a moderate caloric cut from there and use that as a baseline for daily calorie allowance. Ex. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    In addition, invest in a food scale. Most people are terrible at eyeballing portions. They eat more than they think they do and wonder why they're not seeing the results they want.

Agree with Darkruler on incorporating more weightlifting sessions. I did the same thing OP did which was steep calorie cut, way too much cardio (60+ mins 5x week, sometimes up to 90 mins) and all I got was skinny fat for my efforts. Yes, I lost some weight, but hated how I looked. It wasn't until I incorporated weights (heavy compounds), did a much more moderate cut in calories, scaled back the cardio did I finally start seeing the changes I wanted in my body. The scale weight did not move as much as the inches did. And I actually felt *a lot* better physically/mentally eating a bit more and doing less cardio. Looking back at it now, I really wasn't eating enough for all the activity I was doing. More in weight loss is not always better or faster, and in my case, it was actually counterproductive.

OP: Take pictures and measurements and know that weight loss is not linear. If you gotta get on the scale, weigh yourself first thing the am once every two weeks or so. Your weight might fluctuate up and down depending on how much carbs you ate, sodium intake, delayed muscle soreness etc. As long as over a period of time the overall trend is down...you're on track. How you look, feel and fit into things are much more meaningful measurements of progress than strictly going by a number on a scale, imo.

Be patient with yourself and keep at it. You've got some good habits already with exercise and a good part of your diet...just keep tinkering with them. Best of luck.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by catcommando View Post
    People going on about OP's bacon. Yeah, I'd rather see him get his fats from avocados and plain almonds...but if he's eating what he says he eats he's got room for a moderate amount of that in his macros. Also, if I'm reading things correctly that's his post workout meal as well...so leave his bacon alone! :P He could modify his omelette to one whole egg + two egg whites to compensate for that bacon if he wanted to. But the only real thing I'd change about how he's eating is substitute the bread for 1 cup cooked oatmeal and limit the fruit to no more than two servings a day. The rest of his day looks pretty clean to me.

What's more worrisome to me is that at his measurements he's eating 1400-1500 cals a day?? That looks to be a very steep caloric cut to me and on top of the cardio he's doing. Assuming he burns about 400+ calories per cardio session...his net is about 1000-1100 a day, and I just don't see that as sustainable in the long run. Would suggest that the OP look into a calorie calculator, figure out how much to eat at maintenance, do a moderate caloric cut from there and use that as a baseline for daily calorie allowance. Ex. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    In addition, invest in a food scale. Most people are terrible at eyeballing portions. They eat more than they think they do and wonder why they're not seeing the results they want.

Agree with Darkruler on incorporating more weightlifting sessions. I did the same thing OP did which was steep calorie cut, way too much cardio (60+ mins 5x week, sometimes up to 90 mins) and all I got was skinny fat for my efforts. Yes, I lost some weight, but hated how I looked. It wasn't until I incorporated weights (heavy compounds), did a much more moderate cut in calories, scaled back the cardio did I finally start seeing the changes I wanted in my body. The scale weight did not move as much as the inches did. And I actually felt *a lot* better physically/mentally eating a bit more and doing less cardio. Looking back at it now, I really wasn't eating enough for all the activity I was doing. More in weight loss is not always better or faster, and in my case, it was actually counterproductive.

OP: Take pictures and measurements and know that weight loss is not linear. If you gotta get on the scale, weigh yourself first thing the am once every two weeks or so. Your weight might fluctuate up and down depending on how much carbs you ate, sodium intake, delayed muscle soreness etc. As long as over a period of time the overall trend is down...you're on track. How you look, feel and fit into things are much more meaningful measurements of progress than strictly going by a number on a scale, imo.

Be patient with yourself and keep at it. You've got some good habits already with exercise and a good part of your diet...just keep tinkering with them. Best of luck.
    Yeah I have a food scale and weigh my food and started using myfitnesspal to track my calories again, says I need to eat 1500 calories a day with my sedentary lifestyle to lose 1kilo a week which is my goal

Is that 1500 calories predicated on you eating back your exercise calories if you picked sedentary with no exercise as your activity option? It's been a while since I've been on MFP. When I was on it I ate a straight number everyday that included my activity level...but then again I used a number from a calorie calculator not MFP's system. Only used it to track my food intake. The reason why your numbers jumped out at me was because 1450 was about how much I ate as a 5'3" woman trying to go from 140 to about 120. And it still wasn't enough given what I was doing in terms of exercise..and I had to bring it up to about 1600-1700 before I saw results. 1500 just seems a bit low for a man--hope that's enough calories for you?
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Bacon? Are you fucking kidding me? I believe you need professional help. Perhaps you could consult some personal trainer. I mean if you eat bacon and tons of eggs and don't know what you're doing wrong I don't think you can make it by yourself when when I tell you to just eat right and walk every day for 2-3 hours or start running. Hopefully I am wrong. I hope you get healthy eventually.
    You need to seek professional help as you have no idea what you're talking about.

OT:

OP, idk what results you were expecting over the course of a month, but your diet is fine food wise, but how do the macros look in that entire diet, btw? Need more info, but the choices look good. It's going to take a while at 240lbs and 5'8. My best advice (better than 99% of any advice given in here anyways), is ditch the scale, and work your ass off in the gym every time you go, do not lolligag. If you're frustrated with your results and you don't put out in both aspects (gym and diet), you're just hurting yourself mentally. Anyways, I'm going to need more info to give you an opinion.

My stats:

Height: 5'11
    Weight: 188lbs
    Bodyfat %: 6.8

I'm huge and lean, and get compliments all the time.

I do two-a-days and have been in the gym ever since I was 12. If you need any more info and advice, don't be afraid to ask. My history with this forum and website and fitness is that many, many people are misinformed and are morons and will only end up hurting your results. Listen to someone know knows what they're doing.
    Last edited by Realsykes; 2014-07-29 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    You need to seek professional help as you have no idea what you're talking about.

OT:

OP, idk what results you were expecting over the course of a month, but your diet is fine food wise, but how do the macros look in that entire diet, btw? Need more info, but the choices look good. It's going to take a while at 240lbs and 5'8. My best advice (better than 99% of any advice given in here anyways), is ditch the scale, and work your ass off in the gym every time you go, do not lolligag. If you're frustrated with your results and you don't put out in both aspects (gym and diet), you're just hurting yourself mentally. Anyways, I'm going to need more info to give you an opinion.

My stats:

I do two-a-days and have been in the gym ever since I was 12. If you need any more info and advice, don't be afraid to ask. My history with this forum and website and fitness is that many, many people are misinformed and are morons and will only end up hurting your results. Listen to someone know knows what they're doing.
    i hope im in the 1% of good advice :-ppppp

ya i'll echo this as well, it takes a while for results to come out, just make sure you are not under-eating and making sure you are eating the correct amount of calories per day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post

OT:

My stats:

Whilst nobody was asking for your own stats I feel it was unnecessary to give them these stats as it's just an ego boost for yourself for no reason.

This guy (OT) simply needs to sort his diet out by cutting out any extra carbs he needs and to work his butt off in the gym and out of the gym. You need to remain accountable to your diet on the weekend too as many people I know attempting to lose weight go out on the weekend and their diet plan goes to hell.

Consistency is key with losing weight/gaining muscle, the results will come you just need to get over the mental barrier. Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMutiny View Post
    Whilst nobody was asking for your own stats I feel it was unnecessary to give them these stats as it's just an ego boost for yourself for no reason.

This guy (OT) simply needs to sort his diet out by cutting out any extra carbs he needs and to work his butt off in the gym and out of the gym. You need to remain accountable to your diet on the weekend too as many people I know attempting to lose weight go out on the weekend and their diet plan goes to hell.

Consistency is key with losing weight/gaining muscle, the results will come you just need to get over the mental barrier. Good luck man!
    Haha I knew I'd get something like this, typical. It was to show I know what the hell I'm talking about and I'm not a fairweather gym goer and take it much more seriously than most people.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope im in the 1% of good advice :-ppppp

ya i'll echo this as well, it takes a while for results to come out, just make sure you are not under-eating and making sure you are eating the correct amount of calories per day.
    Yeah your advice is sound no worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000
    ...my mum is a qualified personal trainer...
    I don't want to be rude, but if your mother is a qualified trainer, why are you asking about weight loss on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    So for a bit over a month now I have seen little to no results in my weight loss and have gained a few kilos back, I don't know how or why and yes I know not to go off scales but I also don't feel like I lost anything.

Here are my stats:

109.6 kilos
    5 ft 8 inches
    Sedentary lifestyle

Diet:
    Breakfast - 3 Egg omelet, some bacon, 2 toast

Lunch - Salad, some sliced chicken or ham with some boiled egg

Dinner - Salad with some protein whatever my parents cook usually chicken fish or steak.

Snacks - Yoghurt, Bananas, Apples, Strawberries

Exercise:

3-5 times a week, usually do mostly cardio on bike with interval training, i've cut back on lifting so much only do it once or twice a week now.

I really need some help because this is starting to demotivate me and I really enjoy going to the gym but every time I see I gain weight when im going stuff right just makes me mad.
    I'm in the same boat, I've been at a change for close to a month, and actually seeing better results than I expected (for now). As stated elsewhere, I'd use a food tracking app like MyFitnessPal and actually look at what you're eating. Despite most of it being good, there might be too much as far as volume. Another tip is to buy a food scale, and actually use that instead of cups to measure your food whenever possible. There's often a surprising discrepancy between a measured and weighed serving amount of food... cereal is a good example.

It seems like a pain at first, but once it becomes habit, it's pretty effortless. Also, drink water with your meals.

I'm currently on this sort of schedule. Brisk 2 mile walk with the dogs happens 7 days per week rain or shine, so aren't listed :

sunday - 5 mile jog
    monday - weights
    tuesday - rest
    wednesday - 2 mile jog
    thursday - weights
    friday - rest
    saturday - rest

Stretching every morning and evening, as well as before / after all jogs or lifting. As I lose more weight, cardio will be introduced on off-days.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2014-07-29 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    I'll tell you what you are doing wrong. You are living in a past era of nutritional propaganda. What you have been taught in school and what more traditional doctors will tell you is an elaborate lie. The lie either came from trying to boost earnings from grain and cereal yields or from lobbyists from large fast food/sweety corporations or it was jus an old case of I think there for it is true. Now you would think the whole fat makes you fat statement is at least a semi logical one right? Well I guess it would be if you didn't know anything about how fat interacts with your body. That statement is in fact false, fat doesn't make you fat and it doesn't give you bad colesterol like many people would have you believe.

Its no mystery today that the increase in carbs in modern diets on the whole has led to an epidemic level of metabolic syndrome and in a lot of cases cancer.

If you are interested in learning more for yourself, which I highly recommend if you are truly serious about losing weight then you should look into the ketogenic diet. More and more doctors are recognising this diet as potentially the cure to metabolic syndrome. It also has many other health benefits such as stunting the growth of cancer, treating Alzheimer's, helping with depression and bipolar disorders among other things. I really suggest looking into it, it changed my life for the better. Exercise isnt a must although it certainly does help. Calorie counting isn't as important as on a traditional diet although you wont be able to eat that much without feeling full so its kind of self limiting.

So, if you want a diet filled with all the bacon you can eat, this is the diet for you. One of my favourite dishes is cheese wrapped in bacon wrapped in sausage meat. Remember, this is a carb restricted diet. You should be aiming for less than 50g of carbs at least to start. When you get more accustomed to it and your metabolism has repaired itself you can shoot for lower. I aim for about 20-30g a day currently. This is a lifestyle change, when you drop the weight you won't look back. If you introduce large amounts of carbs again you'll put it all back on.

The only reason I would give to not try this diet is if you work as hard as an athlete that requires the energy from carbs however by the sounds of it, that isn't a goal of yours. So, if you decide to look into it, best of luck. If not, shame but best of luck (because you'll need it more) .
    Last edited by mmocd42035da1b; 2014-08-04 at 01:44 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    So for a bit over a month now I have seen little to no results in my weight loss and have gained a few kilos back, I don't know how or why and yes I know not to go off scales but I also don't feel like I lost anything.

Here are my stats:

109.6 kilos
    5 ft 8 inches
    Sedentary lifestyle

Diet:
    Breakfast - 3 Egg omelet, some bacon, 2 toast

Lunch - Salad, some sliced chicken or ham with some boiled egg

Dinner - Salad with some protein whatever my parents cook usually chicken fish or steak.

Snacks - Yoghurt, Bananas, Apples, Strawberries

Exercise:

3-5 times a week, usually do mostly cardio on bike with interval training, i've cut back on lifting so much only do it once or twice a week now.

I really need some help because this is starting to demotivate me and I really enjoy going to the gym but every time I see I gain weight when im going stuff right just makes me mad.
    Omg <.< You're trying to lose weight and you still eat bacon? Man... Drink lots of lots of water.. To get rid of the water in your body, you need to drink water, wierd I know right

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The breakfast stood out to me as well. I joined WeightWatchers a couple weeks ago, and my pounds are melting away. For breakfast, their recipes suggest only 1 egg. I used to eat 2-3 eggs for breakfast, too, but I'm following a simple recipe of theirs that's been nice: I have 1 egg split onto a low-calorie sliced english muffin + a tiny bit of low fat cheese + spinach or tomato on top (whichever I happen to have). This sounds much smaller than what you're doing. o.O I'm no expert - just giving my opinion is all! I don't think the bacon will ruin you, though. A friend is on a keto diet (low carbs like the poster a couple posts above me was talking about), and he eats tons of bacon and is still losing weight. Just eat less overall, and you'll be fine. Make sure your toast is whole wheat, too. White bread will mess you up, sadly.
    I am a filthy casual!

Krystal, I won't comment on the diet because you've already had so much contradictory advice thrown at you. I just wanted to toss out a thought that you say your lifestyle is sedentary, so even though you go to the gym it may be worth upping your activity level on a daily basis. Sometimes that little kick-start is all you need to start seeing weight loss again.

It can be really frustrating to keep fighting your eating patterns when you're already trying to eat healthy...but an increase in activity, even if it's just an extra brisk walk every day, can often do the trick - or get Dance Dance Revolution, or try a Zumba class or a stationary bike...just ANYTHING that you can enjoy enough to do regularly. Finally, no matter how you ultimately end up changing your eating patterns, higher activity levels will also contribute to lifelong health.

Good luck. You can do this!

I guess it's the question not of ammount but of quality, such food that you eat gives some energy, but mostly does harm, especially for your artery. If you reduce the amount of cooked food and bring into your diet more raw foods, you may forget about the quantity, as every cell in your body will be fed with the energy, to make sure these changes won't effect badly your heart, use hrm like Beets BLU to keep the situation under control GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Having a proper diet will always be the best solution. You can consult for your concern to your Doctor. Besides, there are tips in the internet.

Oh, you eat too many eggs, you just need only one at breakfast.

Deleted
    Hey Huskar000

I came across your post and would like to share some tips with you as well..

- if you want to be freakish, count calories, but imo when you start off, there's no real need, unless you're going for a competition of some sort
    - eat as many eggs as you want, they're good for you, period
    - lower your carb intake: eat a good portion of carbs before and after your workout
    - same goes for protein
    - drink ONLY water (alcohol on occasion - but do know that alcohol is a muscle and progress killer)
    - don't eat candy, chips, cake, ... all of that crap, your body doesn't need it, it's poison
    - work out HARD
    - scrap WHEAT and COW milk from your diet ENTIRELY and FOREVER (you'll thank me later) - so no more bread, cookies, cake, pancakes, pasta, ...
    - walk every day for 30 minutes to 1 hour
    - don't do cardio, but train your heart out // working out hard will make sure your body transforms the fat you have into muscles
    - if you want to do some cardio persé, don't go over 60% of your max heart rate and do whatever you do for minimum 45 minutes, I suggest rowing
    - work out HARD² (and change up your routine every 3 months or so and if you have the time and motivation, mix in some crosstraining, it'll keep you fast and sharp)
    - don't ever skip meals or starve yourself, keep your body fed and try to not go hungry

If you need any more tips or have any questions regarding the tips I already gave, just ask

Just for your information, I am a hard gainer with 9 years of experience in coaching friends who wanted to lose weight and they're very thankful, I guarantee you that!

Keep us posted on the progress and good luck!

Edited because of the egg-bullshit I read here: Google this: huffingtonpost john berardi phd egss and health (I'm new so cannot post any links as of yet)
    My breakfast consists of 3-4 eggs, 5 slices of bacon, some mushrooms and tomatoes. I do regular blood tests and have no cholesterol problem what so ever. The egg fright is based on old data.
    Last edited by mmoc02d2395685; 2014-09-02 at 08:56 PM.