Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by neffero View Post
    Yeah you're right. I'd never half-ass it though, I'm very meticulous. But it would be a massive project and all I can hope for is that I at least can make a game with a team of friends.

I really like biology and chemistry, so maybe a field in that would suit me well.
    If it makes you feel any better, I have friends in their 40's who went to college, got degrees, and still don't know what the hell they want to do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Malta View Post
    As someone who works in an artistic entertainment industry (film, tv, and web), and has worked for various studios, I want to share this little tidbit... While not exactly the same thing, the general sentiment still applies (possibly minus the parents). It's harsh, and mean, but very important before you decide to drop tens of thousands of dollars of your, or your parent's money, on "I think I maybe sorta kinda want to".

http://dearcoquette.com/post/6747446...upid-fantasies

I don't mean to be discouraging, but first and foremost, do your research. Understand the industry you're getting into and what it means. Most importantly, understand what jobs are even available, and where to start. Do you even know what schools there are? What coding to learn? Do you know any of the industry programs for modelling and design?

On a lighter note - good character designers (illustrators, not modelers), rarely ever go hungry.
    Wait. Didn't I use the term programmer/graphics/sounds? Omg am I one of those losers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malta View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I have friends in their 40's who went to college, got degrees, and still don't know what the hell they want to do for a living.
    How is that supposed to make him feel better?